Texas Hunting Forum

Let’s play detective

Posted By: DStroud

Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 02:27 AM

Look very closely what do you think happened here?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 02:30 AM

A coon was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and the owner of that cookie jar was more concerned with justice than the well-being of the cookie jar?
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 02:31 AM

Bullet hole in the side, blood splatter on the feeder, I’m guessing something got shot.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 02:49 AM

Whacked a Mountain Lion while he was after a Coon atop the feeder.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 12:56 PM

A deer was poached off of that feeder do to the bullet hole and blood platter.
The person owning that feeder would no have shot, he would have waited for the deer to clear it.
Posted By: reeder05

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
A coon was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and the owner of that cookie jar was more concerned with justice than the well-being of the cookie jar?

clap
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 01:31 PM

That feeder belongs to Chuck Norris. He was hunting. Sasquash came to the feeder and sat on top of to have his beef jerky. Wanting to chase it down with some corn, he places his hands on top of the feeder, turns his back to Chuck and slides down. (note the finger marks) Chuck takes an SST bullet out of his pocket and throws it at the beast. Only a SST bullet thrown by Chuck Norris creates an exit wound. Sasquash is DRT.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 01:57 PM

There were two types of species at the feeder at the same time here, there is a lot to unwrap here. Looks like some foul play. To me it looks like someone was filling the feeder and the coon ran out. Then it began to tickle the person, so they began to hang and kick off the coon. But this wasn't any ordinary coon, so then the guy standing by the truck took an expert shot to eliminate the rabid tickling coon.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 02:07 PM

The hand prints at the top are human. They are from handling the feeder prior to installation. They have nothing to do with the incident. They are streaked in opposite directions.

A deer had its head down eating, and someone sent a bullet through the brain stem of that deer, and it passed through and into the feeder. That's about the right amount of blood splatter for a brain stem shot.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 03:07 PM

Someone has shot my pig feeder two different times in the last month. One hole was in the sight glass so that tells me it was intentional. I just placed 3 cameras in the area and the LO was notified. If I get them on camera, my LO will prosecute to the fullest.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Someone has shot my pig feeder two different times in the last month. One hole was in the sight glass so that tells me it was intentional. I just placed 3 cameras in the area and the LO was notified. If I get them on camera, my LO will prosecute to the fullest.

realmad Hope you catch them, sir.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/30/22 06:20 PM

The owner of the feeder has had things stolen from his place and animals poached. Some meth head was climbing in the feeder again and the owner finally had enough.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Let’s play detective - 12/31/22 01:07 AM

Ok some good thoughts and I admit When I received the picture I assumed it was not a simple circumstance and there was no explanation with this picture and several close ups of bullet hole.
Turns out it was fairly straight forward… monster buck in feeder pen was getting nervous acted like it was leaving so shot was made dropped deer. But then after 10 minutes deer jumps up and has not been found yet?
What puzzled me was blood splatter all the way to top of feeder…..There is even blood inside the feeder where the bullet went through.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/01/23 04:14 AM

Shot a Whitetail once at roughly 100 yards. He put on a spectacular Crappie Flop show. When he quit flopping, after about 30 seconds, he got up, looked off across the hills & jumped the nearby fence just walking. I was so amazed that I barely had the wit to put another round in him before he got away.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/02/23 07:38 PM

Hit high in the back. Shock to the spine dropped him intil the shock wore off and away he went. Deer will be seen again.

I have one on the wall that was shot a year before I got him. When I killed him there was a hole still in the hide and a hollow cavity bigger than my fost gristeled over above the back bone.

Took the dog out on a travking job Eastland county. Deer had dropped at the feeder. When the hunter got out of his stand the deer was running off. Trailed in half circle about 400 yards the deer gotup and ran off again, cleared about 20 feet diatance going over the property fence lime didn't look like he touched the 5 foot high fence doing that. About a week later pics of same buck at the feeder, scab on his back about 2 inches down
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/03/23 06:58 PM

Cartel justice
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/04/23 03:52 PM

Dstroud, I wouldn't think there would be that much blood from a shot clipping one high.
Did anyone call someone with tracking good dogs? It sure seems that there would be enough sign for dogs to follow.
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/04/23 07:28 PM

Are you sure that isn't blood from your limit of doves?
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/04/23 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by DStroud
Ok some good thoughts and I admit When I received the picture I assumed it was not a simple circumstance and there was no explanation with this picture and several close ups of bullet hole.
Turns out it was fairly straight forward… monster buck in feeder pen was getting nervous acted like it was leaving so shot was made dropped deer. But then after 10 minutes deer jumps up and has not been found yet?
What puzzled me was blood splatter all the way to top of feeder…..There is even blood inside the feeder where the bullet went through.

Must have been a 6.5 Creedmoor chicken
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/06/23 03:54 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/08/23 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

We have a feeder that has shotgun pellet marks where a coon paid the ultimate price.
Posted By: Perfect 8

Re: Let’s play detective - 01/19/23 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wool E. Booger
Bullet hole in the side, blood splatter on the feeder, I’m guessing something got shot.

+1
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum