Texas Hunting Forum

Hudson's Processing

Posted By: Wilhunt

Hudson's Processing - 11/02/22 08:48 PM

Just learned Hudson's processing has a store in Marble Falls, TX. Anyone have experience with the Marble Falls store? Located at 1405 State Street in Marble Falls.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/02/22 09:05 PM

Interesting. I've had some of their stuff and it was good. But I've heard that you get deer meat back, not YOUR deer. Not sure if that's true though. That makes me a little nervous. I don't see anything about that on their website. Most places that give you back your deer call out that they give you back YOUR deer.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/03/22 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Just learned Hudson's processing has a store in Marble Falls, TX. Anyone have experience with the Marble Falls store? Located at 1405 State Street in Marble Falls.

Yes they are awesome - best sausage links anywhere - totally first class place
Posted By: CB09

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/03/22 01:53 AM

I wil put anything up against Griffith's in Burnet. Best bfast and link sauage.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/03/22 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by CB09
I wil put anything up against Griffith's in Burnet. Best bfast and link sauage.

I used to take my deer to Highland Lakes Taxidermy in Marble Falls for years. Back when all the Griffith family still worked together, and papa Earl ran the store.
Also have several mounts they did for me also.
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/03/22 11:53 AM

Both places are really good. Both do quality work. I haven't checked on prices this year though, I'm sure it's gone up like everything else has. I'm taking the last of my Griffiths sausage with me to NM next week on my mule deer hunt.
Posted By: LeftHandStan

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/03/22 06:29 PM

My understanding is that the actual processing takes place at the Hudson's in south Austin. I've had good experiences w/ both locations.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/03/22 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
Interesting. I've had some of their stuff and it was good. But I've heard that you get deer meat back, not YOUR deer. Not sure if that's true though. That makes me a little nervous. I don't see anything about that on their website. Most places that give you back your deer call out that they give you back YOUR deer.

You 100% will not get your deer back. They batch process everything and the quality was pretty terrible the last time I used them (years ago). One type of sausage, in three packs was three different colors. It’s gross some of the deer they take in there.

Best link sausage in central texas is at Meyer’s in Elgin.

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/03/22 10:49 PM

I have used Hudson in Austin with good results, have not been in the Marble Falls store.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/03/22 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by krmitchell

You 100% will not get your deer back. They batch process everything and the quality was pretty terrible the last time I used them (years ago). One type of sausage, in three packs was three different colors. It’s gross some of the deer they take in there.

Not what I have experienced at all - several deer processed in Marble Falls at Hudsons and it was awesome
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/04/22 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by krmitchell

Not what I have experienced at all - several deer processed in Marble Falls at Hudsons and it was awesome

To be fair this was in Austin and I’ve heard numerous stories on this forum that mimic mine. Either way I’d never take a deer there again. Maybe MF is different but I wouldn’t take a deer there after the Austin experience.
Posted By: cibolo

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/07/22 04:36 AM

Hudson’s sold out years ago and it changed. I take mine to the buck stop who
Is owned by one of the original Hudson’s. Great quality and good pricing.

Re: Hudson's Processing - 11/07/22 06:05 PM

Where is The Buckstop? Location
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum