Texas Hunting Forum

Rechargeable AA batteries??

Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/29/22 07:15 PM

Anybody ran Rechargeable batteries in their cellular cameras? Im tired of replacing mine so often. Service isnt great where have it set up so im thinking that might be ahy its running through them do fast. Never had this problem until I moved it to the new location. Anyway was wondering if anyone has tried any kind of Rechargeable batteries.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/29/22 08:31 PM

I think bad signal runs them down quicker. One of our guys just told me last week.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/29/22 08:39 PM

I have covert cams set up using the 2300 mAh rechargeable energizer NiMH (not lithium) and that get recharged by an inline 6.4 V PO4 battery that is charged by a solar panel. Mine have been running for 12 months.
Posted By: Trenton

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/30/22 03:59 AM

Bought mine on Amazon for cheap.
Solar panel plugged in directly to a covert cam and they last for 2ish years.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/30/22 01:05 PM

Most of the mfg suggest not using the rechargeable AAs, correct? I'd look into the solar panel/big box battery.
Posted By: Kevin_M

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/30/22 01:14 PM

Have not used cellular cameras but I had a few Moultrie Cameras that did not like any brand of rechargeable batteries at all. Would run them down in a few days. Some other cameras I have seem to work fine with them though.
Posted By: Daddybigbuck

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/30/22 01:24 PM

Look into a solar panel with built in battery. This is all you will ever need. Possibly cheaper than a year's worth of lithium batteries.

https://www.herd360.com/collections/trail-camera-external-battery-solutions
Posted By: Sewer rat

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/30/22 08:28 PM

I have six covert cameras running on EBL rechargeable batteries from Amazon and the covert factory solar panels. So far they are all staying on and no issues.
Posted By: RGG_123

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/30/22 09:30 PM

Never. they dont do well in heat or cold and they dont last long.. dont like them at all.

Also they will drop voltage faster. Solar is the way to go!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 08/30/22 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sewer rat
I have six covert cameras running on EBL rechargeable batteries from Amazon and the covert factory solar panels. So far they are all staying on and no issues.

Same here. Covert AAs and their panels on the same amount of cameras. Been doing this for 6 years with minimal issues other than rats chewing the wiring on the panels. I leave my cameras running 24/7/365.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 09/07/22 02:20 AM

I use a Reconyx SC10 solar charger that uses a 10v 7.5amh lead acid battery. So far so good.
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 09/16/22 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by krmitchell
Originally Posted by Sewer rat

Same here. Covert AAs and their panels on the same amount of cameras. Been doing this for 6 years with minimal issues other than rats chewing the wiring on the panels. I leave my cameras running 24/7/365.

This
Posted By: RevolverFan

Re: Rechargeable AA batteries?? - 09/17/22 02:45 AM

Duracell been keeping my camera going for almost 6 months. Maybe it’s something up with the camera? I know mine ain’t in good signal either
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum