Texas Hunting Forum

Dry dry dry

Posted By: pedrov23

Dry dry dry - 06/26/22 06:01 PM

Greetings all! Well, just a question. Have 21 acres in Adamsville. All the water has dried up. Not a tank with H2O anywhere, and the Lampasas River is down to a trickle. I have a 35 gallon tank trickling into a 25 gallon wash basin. Would have thought this would attract wildlife. Wrong. I have a Wifi cam set up looking at the tub. Never see anything coming in for water. Some deer come in for the corn and other assorted goodies. Any ideas as to why nothing drinks from the tub. Thanks.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/26/22 06:22 PM

How long has it been in place? How hot is the water in the tank and basin?
Posted By: Blank

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/26/22 06:23 PM

Is it sitting in the hot sun? Might be too hot for them, so make sure to keep it filled as full as possible. Is there any way to shade it?

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/26/22 08:19 PM

Been about 4 days?? Everything is in the shade, so it's going to be ambient temp. I guess. thanks for quick response.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/27/22 12:39 AM

I have deer coming into a water trough every day. Only hold 40 gals. and have to fill it up at lest every other day. Also have 2 hawks coming in to it.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/27/22 01:28 AM

Just had a couple of does leave the feeder, face off with the foxes, who disappeared into the culvert, and then move on to the pond. We still have decent pond water, but the grass crunches like corn flakes when I walk on it. And the back pond still has water. Sure need a rain.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/27/22 02:52 PM

we have a old cattle mineral tub (cleaned out) that we keep full of water (fill about once a week from back yard hose) behind the house, have had it in place since the drought 2011. We get all sorts of critters (deer, fox, coyote, rabbit, cats, coons, possum, birds, etc.). Nothing to set your clock by or a set schedule, just very random times when things show up.

in your case, they are likely finding water somewhere else ... 25 acres isn't that large.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/27/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by pedrov23
Greetings all! Well, just a question. Have 21 acres in Adamsville. All the water has dried up. Not a tank with H2O anywhere, and the Lampasas River is down to a trickle. I have a 35 gallon tank trickling into a 25 gallon wash basin. Would have thought this would attract wildlife. Wrong. I have a Wifi cam set up looking at the tub. Never see anything coming in for water. Some deer come in for the corn and other assorted goodies. Any ideas as to why nothing drinks from the tub. Thanks.

Apparently, they have water elsewhere.

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/29/22 12:00 AM

thanks
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Dry dry dry - 06/29/22 04:40 PM

bang wish my deodorant kept me dry, dry, dry.
flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum