Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter

Posted By: Lone Ranger

Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter - 07/21/21 06:10 AM

I would like to take my son to NM in October next year, 2022 on a good elk hunt. We have both taken nice 5x5 bulls on DIY hunts on public land but would like to have a opportunity for something a little bigger. Any recommendations for a good NM Elk outfitter for next year would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: 4x4willie

Re: Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter - 07/22/21 02:17 AM

Met this guide in Reserve New Mexico last season, Ernie Cordova with Precision Trophy Hunts. Seemed very knowledgeable, great guy and I would say an outstanding guide. Check out his website and Instagram. Get in shape and good luck
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter - 07/23/21 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
I would like to take my son to NM in October next year, 2022 on a good elk hunt. We have both taken nice 5x5 bulls on DIY hunts on public land but would like to have a opportunity for something a little bigger. Any recommendations for a good NM Elk outfitter for next year would be greatly appreciated.

Are you looking for private land or high end unit?

The Draw in NM is random, and LO tags have shot through the roof with Canadian border being closed. With that said Canada is opening back up so prices should start coming down.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter - 07/23/21 07:56 PM

Don't overlook the large ranches in the Trans Pecos region of West Texas. The elk population is exploding in many areas out there. A lot large bulls on those ranches and they are lightly hunted due to private ground. No season, private land with controlled hunts and you can hunt the rut. No drawing or nonresident license. You could do that hunt this year as soon as the bulls are in hard horn. Won't be as cheap as some western hunts but even those are getting expensive.
Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter - 07/23/21 09:22 PM

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.
Posted By: Sparta

Re: Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter - 07/26/21 08:20 PM

Just spoke with my guide last night and he said he heard (second hand) a LO tag in Unit 16D went for $20K. If that's true, WOW!
Posted By: batman

Re: Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter - 07/26/21 11:56 PM

The Outfitters section on this forum has them in 16E for $19,995.....
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Looking for recommendations for NM elk outfitter - 07/27/21 02:00 PM

Beaverhead outfitters in the Gila. Have hunted with them many times, good folks.[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum