Texas Hunting Forum

Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases

Posted By: mattyg06

Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 06:23 PM

The other thread got me thinking... But I would like to hear about what were the best hunting related purchases. I know what to avoid, now I want to know what to look for.

For me it was moving to a modern layering system. I bought quite a bit of First Lite gear last year for an elk hunt and I will never go back to my old way. We had a few mornings that started out in the low teens and ended up in the mid 50s, with periods of hiking and sitting yet I felt comfortable all day adjusting my layers.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 06:25 PM

Swarovski EL Binoculars, by far.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 06:41 PM

My Weatherby rifles and shotgun as far as firearms are concerned. My Leupold VX-6 as far as optics. Mathews halon and Gold Tip pierce arrows for archery.

terminal gear, I'm ambivalent about. I do have a nice cabelas jacket that I am fond of. But aside from the invention of binoculars and rangefinders, There is nothing brand specific that I couldn't live with out or interchange and be just as happy with their performance.
Posted By: KingHunter17

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 06:45 PM

Browning A5, thermacell, getting into reloading.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

+1, no contest.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 06:56 PM

Garmin GPS for my dogs
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Jgraider

+1, no contest.

+2, I'm an idiot from not getting one sooner than I did.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 07:10 PM

Winchester model 1890. Bought it for $30.00 at an estate sale in the mid 1980s. Tracked the Serial # to 1907. Shoots shorts only but it is just so much fun to shoot. Taught countless numbers of kids to shoot with it.

Oh, and my Combo Lifetime License. Bought it in 1991 just before they went from $500.00 to $1000.00.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkE
Originally Posted By: Jgraider

+1, no contest.

+2, I'm an idiot from not getting one sooner than I did.

Me too. This, and a pre-64 Win. Model 70 Featherweight in .243 that I bought on Gunbroker. 'Not my main carry rifle, but the thing always amazes me.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 07:50 PM

An avocado green Stanley thermos and my Danner hunting boots. Have had both for right about 20 yrs now, warm dry feet and hot coffee are hard to beat.

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 07:56 PM

As long as I'm talking warm feet and hot coffee, I think this setup is some of the best money I have ever spent.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 07:57 PM

Swaros

A deer stand with 0 maintenance
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 08:00 PM

I forgot to mention YETI ice chests.

Def. love that purchase
grin
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 08:22 PM

Best money I spent recently was done in several areas. I bought a bunch of parts and had a semi-custom LR rifle built by a guy I had never met. The smith was recommended by a couple guys I didn't know well but trusted their opinions, to some degree. One of those guys I hired to develop ammo for the rifle. The other helped me to understand how to use the system properly. It all went smooth as butter. The rifle and ammo combo shoots lights out and by that I mean under an inch at 300 yards. I have quite limited experience in this LR sport and often times look like I know what I'm doing. Money well spent.

Sending my 10/22 trigger to Brimstone was money well spent too.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 08:26 PM

Rifle: Tikka CTR in .308. For the $ best buy I ever made on a rifle
Scope: Leupold VX5-HD. Creates light.
Gadget: T-handled Gerber pelvic bone saw, with a blunt end. When I gut one on the ground makes it easy, also cuts through sternum.
Boots: North Face (with Thermacell battery powered insole heaters) Single digit temps my feet are comfortable all day.
Heater: Leather covered stainless steel flask filled with Woodford Reserve Double Oak. If any of this stuff fails I don't care as long as I have this.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: chalet
As long as I'm talking warm feet and hot coffee, I think this setup is some of the best money I have ever spent.

Should the post meal tooling be leaned against the kitchen like that? Don't ---- where you eat, right?

If I didn't have responsibilities, I'd live there, happy and peacefully. Beautiful setup.

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 08:32 PM

Outhouse is back in the brush a bit, shovel is for the fire...
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: KingHunter17
Browning A5, thermacell, getting into reloading.

This has been my lifesaver during bow season
Posted By: JCB

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 09:08 PM

Honda ATV's- No way I could do half of what I do without them.

HCR Feeders and "The Timer"- After years of using sub quality feeders and having to replace them to dang often, I wised up and spend an extra $30each for better units and they have paid for themselves many times over! No more sitting there in the stand wondering "is it working or not?".

GoreTex rain gear- I hate hunting in the rain but this stuff works!

Nosler Bullets- From Paritions to Accubonds they never disappoint me.

Chippewa snake boots- Mine have many many hard miles on them and they look horrible but they have held up really well! They are even still waterproof.

Glock- You can buy more expensive side arms but you cant buy a better one.

iPhone- I keeps me occupied in the stand. clap
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 09:11 PM

Divorce papers and attorney fee's.... roflmao
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 09:54 PM

Honda ATV
Swarovski EL binoculars and STS spotting scope
Outdoorsmans medium tripod and pistol grip adapter
Muck boots of various types
Kenetrek Hardscrabble boots
Thermacell
Arcteryx Beta AR jacket
Browning 650 down jacket
Kuiu Super Down jacket
KOM Bunlight pants
Marmot Scree pants
Nearly all my rifles
Ruger Red Label .28 gauge O/U shotgun
Eberlestock packs with rifle scabbard (packs nothing special but scabbard is invaluable to me)
Leki trekking poles
First Lite and Patagonia base layers (1/4 zip on tops - I have killed last 4 animals just wearing the top on my upper body)
Hilleberg tent
Western Mountaineering sleeping bag
NeoAir sleeping pad
Dry sacks
Waterproof duffels
Good wool and/or alpaca wool socks
Liner socks
Liner gloves paired with good outer gloves
DeLorme Explorer
OnX maps/app
Jetboil Flash stove
Rangefinder (I have a Sig)
Leupold scopes have never let me down although I’m sure there are better ones.

Lol there’s probably more.....
Most of that list has come after a bunch of trial and error with other gear and/or not having it at all.
Posted By: ckat

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 10:10 PM

Dad would be proud. Many, MANY fond memories were made with that setup. Wish I had a dollar for every mile that thing has traveled over the western US.

Glad to see it is still being put to good use...
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 10:16 PM

Ramball built stand & fill feeder purchased last year. Buddy heaters.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 10:29 PM

nice setup cKat
Posted By: rmp

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 10:37 PM

Browning Citori over/under 1976
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/18/18 11:19 PM

Right now it would have to be my new Thermacell. (1 week old) Wish I would have had it for the last 50 years.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 12:00 AM

This year would be my canvas cutter bed roll. Really enjoying it.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 01:28 AM

By far my best purchase is my Les Baer SRP full-size 1911, which I carry every day.

It saved me from a car jacking.

The Baer replaced a Wilson 1911, which is the most disappointing gun purchase I ever made.

A Giraud trimmer is another great expenditure, highly recommend it.

Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 01:55 AM

Leica Binos
Browning X bolt stainless stalker carbon fluted 270 wsm....favorite rifle by far.
Bog pod shooting rest, works in any shooting situation that might arise
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 02:00 AM

As far as dollar for dollar...

I bought a $99 Wild Game Innovations feeder 4 or 5 years ago.

Still runs like a top

And for another $100, my Mr Heater is also 4-5 years old.

Still runs like a top
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 02:04 AM

Duck tape & pvc glue.

Holds them thar woren out tennishoes tagether while chasen dem hog all over d OSBWMA. Ya, dat dar water rolls right off, & d glue holds the sole on tight.

Lest fur a trip or two.
flag
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 02:15 AM

A couple items that Id say are worth every penny and then some! No particular order-

Best Family Purchase: The gortex 4 in 1 waterfowl parka system my dad bought when I was 8-- he got it so big that I think I wore it until I was 14. Anyways- it is packed away, still in awesome condition and will be worn by my kids when that time comes!!

Jet boil Flash

Nafzger Forge Damascus Skinner

Kuiu Super Down Jacket and Pants

Swaro EL Binos (and a slik tripod/outdoorsmans head to mount them on)

Runner Up: EXO 3500 backpack-- not done testing it yet but I'm scared of how much I might have to load into it to test it!!

Everything else I have I put thought (and probably mistakes) behind but I think there may be room for improvement in the future. The items above I think are impossible to beat their value!
Posted By: spg

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 03:10 AM

Jewell triggers, Bix&Andy triggers, forester press, wicked edge knife sharpener, Lapua Brass, Nightforce scopes, US optics scope, chiappa 22AR, a bunch of other guns, Dan Wesson 10mm
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 03:13 AM

The best hunting/shooting purchase I have ever made is my Pulsar Apex XQ50. I absolutely love it and it has brought me much joy.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 03:19 AM

Thermacell, a 2 person ladder stand, a quad pod from Ramball and a Browning .243 for my son and watching him shoot deer.
Posted By: ckat

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: RANGERRONG
nice setup cKat

It's not mine. My dad built it back in the late 70s or early 80s. Dad built it to take on his mountain adventures, but we also used it for Texas hunting and fishing trips.

Chalet bought it and the old army tent from my dad a few years ago. I'm just grateful that he is putting it to good use and that his family is now making memories with it...
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 04:43 AM

Thermal. I finally made the purchase and it will arrive tomorrow.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 05:02 AM

Little Buddy propane heater. It can no longer get too cold to sit in a deer blind.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 02:09 PM

MB Ranchking blinds (4 on the ranch now, one more to replace) and a pair of Swaro bino's I bought many years ago.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 02:38 PM

My stand and fill feeders... Hands down the BEST purchases I've ever made banana
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 03:44 PM

danner boots, ruger hawkeye rifles, benelli m2, marlin 30-30, toyota tacoma, IGLOO cooler, whitewater outdoors duck jacket, buck knife.
Posted By: homebuilder5

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 03:48 PM

Charmin Ultra Strong. Dont go to the woods with out it in my pack
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 04:00 PM

that is awesome! im going to get/make me some kind of setup like this
Posted By: Kevin Heath

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 04:59 PM

This bow season? Thermacell hands down. Hunting in SETX, I'd have been carried off this year without it! Overall I would have to say my Belgian Browning superposed 20 ga. Also my 1st real purchase, it wasn't a gift or a hand me down like all my other hunting gear at that point. I mowed lawns, stacked hay, cleared brush and did any other odd jobs a 15 year old kid could do. When I saved up enough I hauled my Dad down to the Gunrunner on Phelan (or Dowlen?) in Beaumont and brought her home!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 05:04 PM

Remington 308 VTR. I really didn't want it, but I bought it to help out a guy that needed money.
I have had that gun for about 10 years. It has worked flawlessly and has killed countless deer and hogs.
Posted By: roughneck266

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/19/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Remington 308 VTR. I really didn't want it, but I bought it to help out a guy that needed money.
I have had that gun for about 10 years. It has worked flawlessly and has killed countless deer and hogs.

You know, it's a funny lookin rifle. I have one as well. Danged thing shoots well.I have hit pretty much everything I have shot at with mine. I do wish I could suppress it, but nonetheless, it is a good one.
Posted By: djs303

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/20/18 04:01 AM

Walt's Custom Knives handmade hunting/skinning knife, Kodiak canvas tent with deluxe awning, Thermacell, Danner Pronghorn hunting and snake boots, Steiner Binoculars, Hornady ammunition, Lodge cast iron cookware, Excalibur Matrix Crossbow, Boo's custom crossbow strings, Goldtip Pro arrows, Nap spitfire broad heads, Lamco feeders, Atsko Sport wash laundry detergent
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/20/18 04:03 AM

Ditto and my Leopold HD 10x40 spotting scope
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/20/18 06:32 AM

Good thread! After reading all the responses, I realized that there are a few things that stay in my truck year round, just in case, I have to deal with any hunting, fishing, predator, shooting related issues...these are in no particular order, and all are essential items to me, and when named represent what I consider the pinnacle of each particular item.

Filson full brim waxed cotton hat, merino wool socks (55 to 85 % wool content), Muck Woody Max boots, Ziess optics, waxed cotton goose down vest, Military GoreTex rain suit (I have used the same suit for 25+ years and it still doesn’t leak), 100% DEET, German made Skinner, Boner, Filet, and Hatchet, .22 Mag Revolver, SA mini .45., and a 22-250. Yeti cooler. Each of these items have saved my arse on more than one occasion.

Of course, this list does not include first aid kit, emergency rations, fire starting, sleeping equipment, trash/ziplock bags or an assortment of folding knives, flashlights and extra batteries, which are always onboard, as is a good shovel.. If I lived in bear country, I would add in a 45-70 Govt.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/20/18 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: ckat

Dad would be proud. Many, MANY fond memories were made with that setup. Wish I had a dollar for every mile that thing has traveled over the western US.

Glad to see it is still being put to good use...

I bet there a ton of great stories and memories made around that setup up
Posted By: North ranches

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/20/18 10:50 PM

That’s bada$$
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 01:57 AM

My golf cart- Man, I never realized how loud and uncomfortable a 4 wheeler was until I got my cart. I absolutely love it. I slog through lots of mud, and pretty deep water with it. Have driven up on plenty of animals with it.

Thermacell- these things are life savers.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 02:03 AM

The best purchase by far is the hunting acres I bought years ago. It is now worth more than 6 times what I paid for it plus all the enjoyment of the good times spent on those acres.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Old Shakie
The best purchase by far is the hunting acres I bought years ago. It is now worth more than 6 times what I paid for it plus all the enjoyment of the good times spent on those acres.

up cheers
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Old Shakie

^^This and a bottle of 16 year old Lagavulin paired with a cohiba.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 06:29 AM

Buddy Heater...
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 01:52 PM

I have 2.

Probably the best buy I ever made was on a Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1903 in 6.5x54MS. I was in a gun shop in Norfolk VA when I was on active duty helping my buddy who is left handed get a decent rifle. I saw this one at the back of the rack and asked to see it. They had no idea what they had and it had a $300 price tag on it. I tried to get my buddy to buy it but he wanted no part of it since it was a right handed rifle. I snapped it up since I new the rifle would sell anywhere in the nation for $2K. Here it is in the field:

The 2nd great deal I made was on a set of Lieca 10x42 binos. I found a camera place that was having an inventory reduction and I got them for just a little less than $700 which is a steal on top end glass.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 02:34 PM

[color:#FF0000][/color]
Originally Posted By: onlysmith&wesson
Rifle: Tikka CTR in .308. For the $ best buy I ever made on a rifle
Scope: Leupold VX5-HD. Creates light.
Gadget: T-handled Gerber pelvic bone saw, with a blunt end. When I gut one on the ground makes it easy, also cuts through sternum.
Boots: North Face (with Thermacell battery powered insole heaters) Single digit temps my feet are comfortable all day.
Heater: Leather covered stainless steel flask filled with Woodford Reserve Double Oak. If any of this stuff fails I don't care as long as I have this.

You misspelled Knob Creek 120
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 03:29 PM

Outdoor Edge Razor knife with quick switch blades. Makes field dressing and skinning so much easier especially on hogs.

BogPod shooting sticks.

Meopta Meopro 8X32 Binos

Sig Kilo Rangefinder

Danner Crater Rim boots

Trijicon Accupower 3-9 X40 scope
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 05:32 PM

7 week old Pudelpointer puppy.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/21/18 07:38 PM

My Son, cost me $2500 to get him on the ground. But that's my best purchase or money well spent.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/22/18 01:25 AM

Little buddy heater.
Hunting buddy heater. And
Big buddy heater.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/22/18 12:25 PM

Cabelas euro HD glass (Meopta)
Safari rifle sling.
Kubota RV900
Bog Pod 3leg shooting sticks
Sig Kilo rangefinder
Posted By: Gulfgoose

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/22/18 05:52 PM

Sitka gear for waterfowl hunting hands down. It's a total game changer when the bottom falls out on those cold hunts. No more being cold, wet and miserable.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/22/18 08:35 PM

Gotta add Honda Foreman, straight axle, manual shift with power steering 4 wheeler to my earlier post. Between that and my Tacoma I could get stuck in some very hard to get to places but haven't, yet.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/23/18 04:39 AM

A Mr. Heater Buddy heater
A Havalon Baracuta Knife with extra 115XT blades.
A Thermacel
Pair of 800 Gram Thinsulate hunting boots
Posted By: Stub

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/23/18 12:18 PM

Browning 25-06 boss system Composite stalk and matte barrel. Got it from Sporting good store in Dallas they also had other locations when they went out of business about 20 years ago for $270.00 + tax up
Posted By: DH3

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/26/18 06:09 AM

My Ranch..Bought it 20 years ago.
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/26/18 11:39 AM

up love my 12x50 EL
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/26/18 01:05 PM

If I had to pick one thing that I have bought for hunting I never wished I did different it would be my rifle. Remington Sendero in 270. Best shooting rifle ive ever shot.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/26/18 01:45 PM

Sako 85 black bear. It just feels so nice in your hands. I love it!
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/26/18 08:45 PM

Tikka T3 Light SS in 07.08... it makes me smile!
Posted By: thedoveshooter

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/26/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: QMC(SW/EXW)
I have 2.

Probably the best buy I ever made was on a Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1903 in 6.5x54MS. I was in a gun shop in Norfolk VA when I was on active duty helping my buddy who is left handed get a decent rifle. I saw this one at the back of the rack and asked to see it. They had no idea what they had and it had a $300 price tag on it. I tried to get my buddy to buy it but he wanted no part of it since it was a right handed rifle. I snapped it up since I new the rifle would sell anywhere in the nation for $2K. Here it is in the field:

The 2nd great deal I made was on a set of Lieca 10x42 binos. I found a camera place that was having an inventory reduction and I got them for just a little less than $700 which is a steal on top end glass.

You almost stole that rifle! That's definitely on my bucket list.
Posted By: spg

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/27/18 05:28 AM

Wicked Edge Knife sharpener / All of my guns / G7 rangefinder / 21st century neck turning lathe / 350 quart Engel ice chest
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/27/18 04:37 PM

I think that the one purchase that has had the most impact on my hunting is my Leica binoculars. Rubber armored 10x40 Trinovids that I bought in the 80’s. Light, rubber armored, and built like a tank. Surely the newer generation binoculars are better, but I’m not so sure. The BiL’s swaros don’t seem any better, and they are larger and heavier.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/27/18 04:57 PM

This is an easy one. Switching from aluminum to carbon arrows.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/27/18 05:12 PM

^^^^^. Without question!!!!!
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/28/18 06:06 AM

I need to get a pair of Swaro EL's.

My favorite purchases...Yeti's, Under Armour Camo Gear, Thermacell, Thermal Scopes, VX-6HD scopes, Suppressors.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 10/28/18 04:23 PM

Honestly would have to say my First Lite rain gear, while i do not deer hunt much in the rain, I've spent hours on the mountain Elk hunting in the rain, that is the last place you want to be cold and wet!
Posted By: kmartinusa

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 11/04/18 04:40 AM

This is one of the most useful and probably expensive posts I’ve ever seen.

Now I’m shopping for Swaro’s, looked at camp cook trailers, bought some shooting sticks and Lord knows what else.

Last week I needed nothing, now I realize that I’m just getting started. 😁

This forum rocks. Been here for years and sure enjoy it.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 11/04/18 02:28 PM

New GMC and new Offroad Edition Palomini 18 Ft. camper.

Posted By: homebuilder5

Re: Your BEST hunting or shooting related purchases - 11/04/18 04:49 PM

I would imagine someone is really liking that winch they installed
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum