Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/14/18 06:36 PM

Man, I hated to find this while hunting. It was looking to be a good evening with a lot of animal activity. It wasn't too late yet and I was making another circuit on the other side of my property after watching deer, hogs, and coyotes for while. I spied a bizarrely shaped hot spot that I could not rectify in my mind as being an animal that I recognized. It had not been there early. I moved to the next spot and turned on my recorder and that is when I could see that it was a deer hung up in the fence. The deer was in obvious distress. I was alone. So, no video of my trying to wrestle it from the wires or anything, but an explanation of how it was done...

Posted By: Espy

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/14/18 06:46 PM

Nice job on the deer rescue. I would call that a successful night.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/14/18 09:28 PM

Good job on that one. Got one out of a fence a couple years ago at my lease. At lease years ago got a little 4 point buck out of the fence, the next week same little 4pt dead in the fence at the same place. Some just do not learn

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/14/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Good job on that one. Got one out of a fence a couple years ago at my lease. At lease years ago got a little 4 point buck out of the fence, the next week same little 4pt dead in the fence at the same place. Some just do not learn

bang

Hopefully, this one will live long and produce many babies.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 12:31 AM

well done sir
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Espy
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 02:53 AM

Tips his cowboyhat.

For 20+ years did my part rescuing deer. 1 deer county, concentrated on the hogs following the creek . It finally went ta 4 deer county. confused2 from not enough deer ta, can take 4. scratch if every one took 4 deer, it's "legal" bang it didn't make scents ta me. So The other wild game for grillen & chillen, & took me bow in hand & took a stand at OSBWMA during the rifle deer hunts.

Enjoy watchen your vids, when can get am ta download , seeing many more taking part on the forum.

well prepared for the war on swine.

Even with the high-tech must get frustrating when a few strans of barbedwire stops a bullet. Been trying ta get am ta turn some hogs loose here, lol they got am penned up, miss me time grocery shoppen for the price of Poormans Gov. Foodstamps.

flag

Posted By: HuskerB

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 03:07 AM

Nice job DNS!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Espy
Posted By: Stub

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 12:04 PM

up
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 12:45 PM

Great video sir
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 01:04 PM

Well done. up
Posted By: TXDuckCreeklabs

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 02:03 PM

awesome!!!
Posted By: John Deer

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 02:30 PM

Good work! clap
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/15/18 11:45 PM

Very nice work Sir cheers
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/24/18 12:34 PM

Although hunting and harvesting deer has been an important part of my existence I never felt more satisfaction when I freed a doe fawn tangled in a fence many years ago in CO. The mother and the 2 youngsters crossed the road in front of us and the one baby got tangled. A friend and I was able to free her in spite of her panic.

Re: Deer Rescue While Hog Hunting - 03/24/18 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Flashprism
Although hunting and harvesting deer has been an important part of my existence I never felt more satisfaction when I freed a doe fawn tangled in a fence many years ago in CO. The mother and the 2 youngsters crossed the road in front of us and the one baby got tangled. A friend and I was able to free her in spite of her panic.

Yeah, it is pretty darned cool. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum