Texas Hunting Forum

Nebraska

Posted By: jae011

Nebraska - 06/23/16 09:33 AM

Well I just found out I got orders to Omaha Nebraska. Anyone ever hunt NE? Any input on public land hunting there or getting on leases? Sounds like most of the states up here with a good bit of public access land. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: billybob

Re: Nebraska - 06/23/16 11:02 AM

My dad was stationed at Offutt in the 60's and we hunted all the time. I'm sure things have changed but you could go up to a farmers house and ask him to hunt pheasant on his property and 90% of the time he would say sure...close the gates. The Missouri River is just east of you and will offer some great hunting as would going into Iowa. Its only about 6 miles from Offutt.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Nebraska - 06/23/16 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: jae011
Well I just found out I got orders to Omaha Nebraska. Anyone ever hunt NE? Any input on public land hunting there or getting on leases? Sounds like most of the states up here with a good bit of public access land. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pm TXcornhusker
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Nebraska - 06/23/16 01:03 PM

Home of the fat chick
Posted By: rickym

Re: Nebraska - 06/23/16 01:58 PM

clap
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Nebraska - 06/23/16 02:09 PM

Huge deer! Lots of Turkey! Not a skinny woman in sight
Posted By: rex47

Re: Nebraska - 06/23/16 02:30 PM

big deer
corn fed deer and women
Posted By: BushFamilyNine

Re: Nebraska - 06/27/16 04:55 PM

LOL. Welcome to the Midwest!
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Nebraska - 06/27/16 06:21 PM

Nebraska is a mix of limited draw and over the counter areas for deer. There is a fair amount of public land around Valentine and the northern half of the Panhandle.
Posted By: Dadsaid

Re: Nebraska - 06/28/16 03:40 AM

Good friend of mine has 2000 acres north of Chadron , right on the SD boarder. He has is set up for bow hunting only. Huge 180" whitetail , mule deer in the 170's and some 300" elk. He dumps the protein to them and has 35 food plots set up from 2 acres up to 30 acres in size. I really enjoy getting to go hunting up there.

There is public land a few miles west of him (southeast of Pine Ridge SD). We seen deer on it each time we drive to his place.
Posted By: jae011

Re: Nebraska - 06/28/16 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: BushFamilyNine
LOL. Welcome to the Midwest!

Haha. Yeah Ive been stationed in North Dakota for five years so Im well aware.
Posted By: 974runner

Re: Nebraska - 06/28/16 10:54 AM

No real input for you but the adventure should be a good one.
Posted By: nehntr

Re: Nebraska - 06/29/16 06:24 PM

I've had pretty good results in Nebraska. The deer are plentiful and some of them when they get mature are really nice. Lots of public land to hunt but they usually get hit hard during gun season. Archery season with some scouting and a few cameras are a good combo for seeing what is around. Blue southeast is where I hunt and it is considered the best area for deer >150"
Posted By: nehntr

Re: Nebraska - 06/29/16 06:27 PM

Statewide buck permit is pricey but all other tags are around $220. Leftover draw tags are available but are gone usually by mid august
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum