Texas Hunting Forum

Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service

Posted By: shaggysnack

Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 08:12 PM

I have always been a Bass Pro fan but have shopped there less due to a greater geographic distance from the store and rising prices. Today I walked into the Grapevine store, at about noon, and only had two employees acknowledge me the entire hour I was there. The first was the guy at the door because I carried an arrow in and the other was the guy at the archery counter. He let me know that he was unable to help me because he had a wait that was an hour long. I wondered through apparel, hunting, shoes, guns, archery and camping and not one employee looked me or nodded or even said hello. The store was not especially busy but maybe short staffed because of the holiday. Is this an isolated incident or have y'all had similar experiences.
Posted By: Mud

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 08:19 PM

I normally don't get great service on a holiday when the employees don't want to be there.
Posted By: dredd

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 08:25 PM

Hung Over???
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 08:48 PM

I get tired of saying No Thanks or Hi, I would love it.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 08:49 PM

Was it really busy?

My wife went to a department store that had a sale. She got there when it opened and said it was a zoo. I'm sure employees don't want to be there on a holiday and if it was packed then I'd say you have your answer.
Posted By: changedmyname

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: mrmo

Same. Who cares if I'm acknowledged at bass pro. It's just an outdoors Walmart.

I'll go to them if I need anything.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 09:16 PM

As long as I can find somebody if I have a question, that's all I need.
Posted By: txshotgun

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Mud
I normally don't get great service on a holiday when the employees don't want to be there.

This. I'm sure some appreciate the hours but I hate the idea of folks having to work retail on a traditional day off.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: shaggysnack
I have always been a Bass Pro fan but have shopped there less due to a greater geographic distance from the store and rising prices. Today I walked into the Grapevine store, at about noon, and only had two employees acknowledge me the entire hour I was there. The first was the guy at the door because I carried an arrow in and the other was the guy at the archery counter. He let me know that he was unable to help me because he had a wait that was an hour long. I wondered through apparel, hunting, shoes, guns, archery and camping and not one employee looked me or nodded or even said hello. The store was not especially busy but maybe short staffed because of the holiday. Is this an isolated incident or have y'all had similar experiences.

Find yourself a gun/archery shop and go there for personal service if that's what makes a difference to you. Bass Pro has some pretty nice mounts but other than that I'm not a big fan.
Posted By: 12shotgun

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: txshotgun
Originally Posted By: Mud

This. I'm sure some appreciate the hours but I hate the idea of folks having to work retail on a traditional day off.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/01/16 11:38 PM

The problem I have at Bass pro is not that I can't find someone to ask a question, but that they never know the answer to the simple stuff, like where are your duck calls, etc.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/02/16 12:51 AM

Haven't been there since Cabela's opened.
Posted By: Western

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/02/16 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: mrmo
Amen, I can go to church if I need to be acknowledged grin BUT, It is nice to be able to find someone when and if you can't locate an item, that is all I need.
Posted By: shaggysnack

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/02/16 02:25 PM

All valid points and I guess being ignored is much better than having every employee acknowledge me.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/03/16 01:41 AM

I hate being "pestered." If I need help I will find someone.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/03/16 01:58 AM

I don't see anything to be mad about or dissappointed. I'd say if you had tried to ask a question to more people and got blown off then I'd be upset. But sounds like what you did was just walk around after the person at the archery shop explained about the 1 hour wait.
I'm with the, "leave me be" crowd. If I have a question I'd ask. Don't bother me otherwise.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/03/16 04:03 AM

Yep, leave me alone. I probably know the stores inventory better than they do anyways.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/03/16 10:19 PM

If it's a personal service question, i.e. string a bow, line a reel, then I'll ask.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/03/16 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
As long as I can find somebody if I have a question, that's all I need.

exactly. I get annoyed of I have to tell 5 different employees I don't need any help. Shoot, I know more about what I'm looking that atleast most of them anyways.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Bass Pro - Grapevine - disappointing customer service - 01/03/16 10:44 PM

I ceased doing business with BPS 2 years ago.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum