Texas Hunting Forum

Coffee?

Posted By: allterrain

Coffee? - 11/08/15 02:43 PM

There is nothing better than sitting in the deer stand on a cool morning and drink coffee? Any one love coffee as much as I do? I make a thermos before each hunt.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:05 PM

I have never drank any coffee in my life. I just never needed it to get my day started I guess.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:06 PM

Sipping on Pecan roasted coffee right now.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:10 PM

I take a thermos for the morning hunts.

I don't need it to start my day, but I really enjoy it.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:11 PM

I brew up a thermos load prior to every morning hunt. I have to be careful with wind direction, since some deer apparently don't like coffee.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:12 PM

Coffee - Nectar of the Gods............
Posted By: conifer

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:22 PM

Love it.......and even though "brewed" is infinitely better than "instant".... I am always in a hurry/lazy each morning, and make instant for myself. I wish I could figure a solution. Maybe buy one of those machines that can be timed the evening prior??!.
Posted By: Flags

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:26 PM

I take 2 thermoses with me on cold days. One holds strong black coffee and the other one holds hot soup. Things like that make cold days easier to deal with.
Posted By: Western

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:38 PM

Can't beat it on a cold morning while in the stand, just make sure the stomach is empty before you get comfortable LOL

I'd have a coffee pot in my stand, if I wasn't to lazy to run power to it...

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Can't beat it on a cold morning while in the stand, just make sure the stomach is empty before you get comfortable LOL

That's why I get up extra early and drink a cup. walking
Posted By: Western

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226
Originally Posted By: Western

That's why I get up extra early and drink a cup. walking

100% ditto. I get up at least 2 hrs early, mainly for that reason and let the meds take effect, nothing worse than almost to the stand, or just in it and you get the "rumbles"
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 03:56 PM

Used to not like it; but now I find my self craving it. I seem to have an addiction. STX, don't ever try it if you don't want to get addicted.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Used to not like it; but now I find my self craving it. I seem to have an addiction. STX, don't ever try it if you don't want to get addicted.

My grandfather used to drink black coffee cooked in a pot on the stove top. Dump the coffee grounds in the pot and then boil. Drank it straight with nothing added. It was stout and when I tried it and that was enough for me. He would drink the leftover coffee from that pot during the day cold.
Posted By: MikeTX

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 04:13 PM

I enjoy drinking it in the stand at sun up or when fishing in the mornings. Always make thermos to bring with me. I just have to be careful it's not too strong and starts the "pre launch sequence" eek2

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 04:22 PM

laugh

Posted By: JD4030

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: allterrain
There is nothing better than sitting in the deer stand on a cool morning and drink coffee? Any one love coffee as much as I do? I make a thermos before each hunt.

My thoughts exactly.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

My grandfather used to drink black coffee cooked in a pot on the stove top. Dump the coffee grounds in the pot and then boil. Drank it straight with nothing added. It was stout and when I tried it and that was enough for me. He would drink the leftover coffee from that pot during the day cold.

Yes sir, those were the real man days. I am not a real man, I like it toned down to today's standards. (Sissified) smile
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Coffee? - 11/08/15 05:01 PM

Cowboy coffee with breakfast eggshells in it is the best. Not sure the eggshells do a lot but the way I learned.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum