Texas Hunting Forum

Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it?

Posted By: chk

Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/24/15 02:56 PM

Thinking about buying these for when it it's super cold out.
Wondering how long the charge lasts? I don't want them to make my feet sweaty, then run out of batteries 5 hrs into a sit leaving my feet to freeze even more.
Thoughts?
Posted By: zeagle68

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/24/15 02:59 PM

I'm glad you put this up, I have been wondering the same thing.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/24/15 03:20 PM

In a word YES! My son's got them for me last year. They work great if you sit in a tri-pod all season bow hunting. I do not turn them on when I am walking etc. but if you're trying sit still when it's cold out they are great. You can adjust the heat level to your liking etc. using the remote control.
Posted By: Accutrigger33

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/24/15 06:05 PM

had them for over 2 years, so yes I love them
Posted By: chk

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/24/15 08:16 PM

Haha, I'm an idiot and should have read the front of the box before typing. It clearly says 5 hours of charge time.
I guess you can turn them on and off as needed if you're hunting sun up to sun down.
Posted By: Murphscout

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/27/15 12:37 AM

I have some and like them. Use the turn on and off method. If you crank them on high you will be out of juice in couple hours. But they are not designed to be heating pad just knocks off the chill. Get ya toes moving again. I would buy them again
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/27/15 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Murphscout
I have some and like them. Use the turn on and off method. If you crank them on high you will be out of juice in couple hours. But they are not designed to be heating pad just knocks off the chill. Get ya toes moving again. I would buy them again

Agreed. They aren't designed to feel toasty but simply push back the cold so your socks and boots are not overwhelmed. Add a thermos of hot coffee or chocolate and you'll forget how cold it really is.

Just don't forget the wireless remote or you won't be able to turn them on.
Posted By: Deep Sea

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/27/15 06:20 AM

They look pretty good, but how are they for comfort on your feet if doing a long hike?
Posted By: kmartinusa

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/27/15 01:19 PM

I haven't tried Thermocell but I have tried these:

http://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Heated-In...Q2JHNN8AQ4K2Y8R

I used them once and went back and bought a whole box of them. I also used them on a hunt in Montana last year in 14 below zero weather with uninsulated boots. They worked great. I wasn't ever really sitting still but my feet didn't really bother me. They are very thin and you don't even know that they are there.

Thought about using rechargeable but didn't want to keep up with another dang charger and was afraid I might forget to charge or what happens if they decide to quit working.

Kevin
Posted By: billybob

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/28/15 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: kmartinusa

I used them once and went back and bought a whole box of them. I also used them on a hunt in Montana last year in 14 below zero weather with uninsulated boots. They worked great. I wasn't ever really sitting still but my feet didn't really bother me. They are very thin and you don't even know that they are there.

Thought about using rechargeable but didn't want to keep up with another dang charger and was afraid I might forget to charge or what happens if they decide to quit working.

Kevin

X2 and they last an entire day up
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/28/15 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: billybob

Kevin

I have not had that experience with them, they last an hour or two at best. I think the lack of air in my boots kills them off because when I get back to camp and remove them from my boots they will warm back up.
Posted By: MathMan

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/29/15 03:03 AM

They are on my list of things to get.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/29/15 08:13 AM

My grandpa used to slip a plastic Walmart bag over his feet followed by socks and boots. He claims your feet will never get cold this way. Never done it, but I'd guess your feet would sweat quickly.
Posted By: billybob

Re: Thermacell Heated Insoles- are they worth it? - 08/29/15 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: 7ARanch
Originally Posted By: billybob

Kevin

I have not had that experience with them, they last an hour or two at best. I think the lack of air in my boots kills them off because when I get back to camp and remove them from my boots they will warm back up.

You need to remove all those calluses from your leather feet banana
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum