Texas Hunting Forum

hunting pigs

Posted By: ggunn1

hunting pigs - 02/02/09 07:01 AM

set up a feeder for five thirty,six thirty in the morning and seven,nine,twelve midnight and two am and set a camera over the feeder..now i have never hunted pigs this way,so i guess i just have to check my pix and pattern the hogs? any feedback would be appreciated..

Posted By: bigbuckboy

Re: hunting pigs - 02/02/09 07:18 AM

they will be there no need to feed all the corn like that just set it two times a day and if they are in the area they will find it. when they do find it be prepared for a battle they will never leave it

Posted By: MaggieMTx

Re: hunting pigs - 02/02/09 07:48 AM

sun up & sunset are probably the only times you need to set it on unless you are night hunting & just add 1 more time to it

Posted By: Crazyhorse

Re: hunting pigs - 02/02/09 04:41 PM

+1, with the only exception being that if you are going to be hunting them at night, and just hunting pigs, change the Sun-Up feeding to Mid-Night and do away with the Sun-Up feed time, unless or until you see evidence of hog movement on your game cam pics during the dawn time frame. JMO.

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: hunting pigs - 02/02/09 07:11 PM

wastin corn....
+1 sunrise/sunset, Dont intentionally train them to feed at night UNLESS you plan on hunting them at night.

If you are hunting at night, and you bow hunt, check out that Marauder and tell me how it works!

ac

Posted By: Crazyhorse

Re: hunting pigs - 02/02/09 08:56 PM

The main reason I suggested the night feeding, is that from my experience and comments from others that I have talked to, after being shot into with rifles a relatively few times, the hogs will either go nocturnal or quit the area.

From my experience they come into feeders at the last possible minute daylight wise, so I have begun to look more at finding some type of permanent light source to place at the feeder and having the feeders go off at night.

even with that option, I feel that shooting into them more than about 1 time every 2 weeks or so will force any one particular group out of the area. JMO.

Posted By: ggunn1

Re: hunting pigs - 02/03/09 04:24 AM

should i attach a permanant light with a timer and solar panel...i do plan on night hunting..i was thinking of getting a marine battery and setting it up like that..any other suggestions?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum