Texas Hunting Forum

Best hunting gear credit card?

Posted By: BlakeJ

Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/20/14 10:56 PM

Which credit card has the best rewards points for hunting gear? Cabelas, bass pro, etc?
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/20/14 11:04 PM

Wow they give ya points for charging cheers mines limited by income flag
Posted By: phat694

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/20/14 11:53 PM

Cabela's Visa
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/21/14 12:08 AM

Cabelas!!!
Basspro points expire
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/21/14 12:19 AM

Cabelas or PayPal
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/21/14 12:43 AM

I use my cabelas for everything and let them build up and get something nice. The cabelas is also good if you have the silver or black and get more back in the store.

Walter
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/21/14 12:45 AM

Just use any cash back card. You can use it at any store! Doesn't matter if what you want is at Cabelas, Bass Pro, Academy, or even Walmart. Cash back cards usually offer better percentage cash back as well. I know Capital One has cards that offer 2% cash back on every purchase with no limits on points.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/21/14 01:25 AM

Cabelas
Posted By: janie

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/21/14 02:49 PM

Cabela's here as well.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/21/14 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: GOLDSTEIN
Just use any cash back card. You can use it at any store! Doesn't matter if what you want is at Cabelas, Bass Pro, Academy, or even Walmart. Cash back cards usually offer better percentage cash back as well. I know Capital One has cards that offer 2% cash back on every purchase with no limits on points.

Capital One card is the best IMO - 2% and can use on anything
Posted By: PWT

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/21/14 11:26 PM

Cabelas
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/22/14 02:41 AM

???? When I google Capital One, the max on cards they show is 1.5% on cash back with the Exception of their Sparks Business card but that carries an annual fee of $59 after the first 12 months. Which Capital One card are you folk getting 2% unlimited across the board?
Posted By: firestick

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/23/14 12:45 AM

I agree cash back credit card.
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/23/14 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
???? When I google Capital One, the max on cards they show is 1.5% on cash back with the Exception of their Sparks Business card but that carries an annual fee of $59 after the first 12 months. Which Capital One card are you folk getting 2% unlimited across the board?

I have the Capital One Spark card for my business. I charge a LOT on that card, and the 2% points add up quickly.

For personal expenses, we use the Capital One Venture card. It also offers 2%, but as you mentioned, has a small annual fee. That fee is quickly offset if you use your card often. We put nearly everything we can on the card, so we don't worry about the $60 annual fee. We have never paid a penny of interest on any of the cards, as they are paid off on the first of every month.
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Best hunting gear credit card? - 10/23/14 01:21 AM

As far as a specific "hunting gear", Cabela's is really hard to beat. 1% adds up fast and I treat myself once or twice a year with the rewards. I just cashed in for a pair of Vortex binos. Earlier this year, I took advantage of a 64-gun safe and only paid $90 out of pocket.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum