Texas Hunting Forum

Yes the rut can happen anytime.

Posted By: KG68

Yes the rut can happen anytime. - 10/10/14 04:15 AM

Went in to one of my places after dark tonight to feed a couple of cats that are my wife's babies and there were two dang nice mature bucks camped with a hot doe just through the gate and I had to drive her off before they would leave. Yes it is possible to have a few does in need in early October in central Texas. Yeah I no pics are expected but I didn't have anything but an old Iphone 4 and I was big eyed looking at them beast. eek2 Hey Sapper I think you know which gate I'm talking about. nidea
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Yes the rut can happen anytime. - 10/10/14 01:22 PM

I'll be there this weekend, chain one up for me!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Yes the rut can happen anytime. - 10/10/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: KG68
Went in to one of my places after dark tonight to feed a couple of cats that are my wife's babies and there were two dang nice mature bucks camped with a hot doe just through the gate and I had to drive her off before they would leave. Yes it is possible to have a few does in need in early October in central Texas. Yeah I no pics are expected but I didn't have anything but an old Iphone 4 and I was big eyed looking at them beast. eek2 Hey Sapper I think you know which gate I'm talking about. nidea
Dang not much cover close to that gate so they must have been chasing and not caring too much about surroundings. I seen plenty doe and a couple young bucks out there while fishing.
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: Yes the rut can happen anytime. - 10/12/14 05:01 AM

I can't remember what month, but I saw a buck chasing a hot doe right next to the Clear Creek gate at about 0730 one morning. Hundreds of cars rolling by and he didn't care.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Yes the rut can happen anytime. - 10/12/14 05:02 AM

Ive watched bucks chase does from my back yard in killeen city limits LOL
Posted By: yeahbuddy

Re: Yes the rut can happen anytime. - 10/21/14 08:22 PM

Boy I'm ready to see some big boys chasing the ladies.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum