Texas Hunting Forum

Finding landowners

Posted By: TxHunter18

Finding landowners - 10/03/14 08:45 PM

I grew up hunting on a piece of property and would love to find the current landowners contact info or name just to talk to him about the place. Is there a website or something I can find that information at? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Finding landowners - 10/03/14 09:17 PM

county tax office. You might find the place on the county tax web site, if close to town
Posted By: Davojr

Re: Finding landowners - 10/03/14 09:39 PM

YellowDog is right, the County Tax Office web site can be a source of info.

Search "Somervell County CAD" and google will generally will pull up "http://www.isouthwestdata.com/client/webSearchID.aspx?dbkey=somervellcad". Replace Somervell with your county name. If you have a tract number, address, you can generally find the owners name.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Finding landowners - 10/04/14 12:19 AM

Fish further up stream, try FTF at the local small town coffee shop. Find some farmers buy their breakfast and do it again. Landowners are probably contacted from time to time via mail or phone. I would also offer work from time to time.
Posted By: bluesman

Re: Finding landowners - 10/06/14 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Davojr
YellowDog is right, the County Tax Office web site can be a source of info.

Search "Somervell County CAD" and google will generally will pull up "http://www.isouthwestdata.com/client/webSearchID.aspx?dbkey=somervellcad". Replace Somervell with your county name. If you have a tract number, address, you can generally find the owners name.

That's not the County Tax Office. It is the County Central Appraisal District.
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: Finding landowners - 10/06/14 02:44 AM

I usually stand out on a street corner with Ed McMahon and a briefcase full of money and a sign that says "will pay ludicrous rates for deer lease". that seems to get their attention.

oh yeah. I'm management minded and all that jazz too.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Finding landowners - 10/06/14 02:48 AM

Yup, tax office.
When I was selling a piece of land, I went to the tax office when I wanted to contact surrounding neighbors to see if anyone wanted to expand their land. I got the address for each one of them in minutes. I sent out letters and sold the property on the first phone call.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Finding landowners - 10/06/14 05:00 AM

Simple searcher is right. If you 'physically', go to the tax office and tell them your intent, they should be more than happy to tell you who your surrounding property owners are. They stand to make more $ after properties change hands. Besides, it's public information. It's difficult to find the property ID on a lot of places without their help.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Finding landowners - 10/06/14 02:45 PM

It's not fail proof, but you can type in an address and a lot of times the owner will appear in the search results, usually as a link to some sort of tax data.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Finding landowners - 10/07/14 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: cameron00
It's not fail proof, but you can type in an address and a lot of times the owner will appear in the search results, usually as a link to some sort of tax data.

Sometimes you will also find places that are for sale that don't have signs located on them.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Finding landowners - 10/07/14 12:59 AM

don't mean to be a downer but good luck with that - those days are over
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: Finding landowners - 10/07/14 02:57 AM

see if your county has a GIS mapping website database.

GIS is better than just regular county tax records IMHO

you can look at a geographic area via a google satellite image and click on any property and it takes you to the property ID page
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Finding landowners - 10/07/14 12:17 PM

I went to the county appraiser and got a print out of tracts sorrounding my land. It showed the acreage and the landowners name.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Finding landowners - 10/07/14 02:02 PM

All depends on each county, their activity, etc. GIGO.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Finding landowners - 10/07/14 05:33 PM

Simpler way. Hunting gps maps

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/hunt-texas-garmin-gps
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum