Texas Hunting Forum

Neighbors hunter is goofy

Posted By: don k

Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 07:28 PM

I have a neighbor who lets one of her kin folk hunt on her place. I guess he thinks I am trying to lure Axis into my place. He has put up scarecrows along the fence and has something the goes off like a shot about every 30 minutes. So now he has me pissed and he has "awoken the sleeping giant".
Posted By: TheDman62

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 07:32 PM

popcorn
Posted By: JKC

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 07:32 PM

Wow... Seriously scarecrows?!?

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: JKC
Wow... Seriously scarecrows?!?

yes, pvc pipe in a tee with a shirts on them. Went to a lot of trouble. And here I am such a nice guy. Only thing I can figure out about the shot noises is it must be one of those things to scare off birds. Uses propane to make a small explosion. The dumb sh*t probably doesn't realize he is scaring them off his lease.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 07:44 PM

High fence that SOB out.

smile
Posted By: wetduck

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 07:46 PM

crow cannon lol hadnt see one of those in years
Posted By: Western

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 10:11 PM

Once he harvest his "pot" all that may subside blush
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 10:32 PM

Wouldn't that fall under the hunter harrassment law?...Call the Game Warden and see what happens!
Take pictures and get some audio.
Posted By: texashelms

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 11:35 PM

Pics Please!!!!!! worthless
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/23/14 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Wouldn't that fall under the hunter harrassment law?...Call the Game Warden and see what happens!
Still over a month away from season if he bow hunts, 2 if he doesn't. Really????
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 01:52 AM

Quote:

Only if there is an intent to harass/interfere with hunting. Otherwise, there is a lot of leeway as to what people can do on private property where they have permission to be.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Still over a month away from season if he bow hunts, 2 if he doesn't. Really????

Only whitetail hunters can be harassed? Really????
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 06:25 AM

Do you have any stands or feeders near y'alls common fence?

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
Do you have any stands or feeders near y'alls common fence?
I put one there after he started this just to egg him on.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 02:02 PM

First he had the camera pointed at my place.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 02:14 PM

I would ask him wtf he's trying to accomplish. Maybe he just needs some guidance. trout
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 03:13 PM

This should get interesting the closer the season gets..sound like he is a little paranoid and doesn't trust you

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 03:22 PM

Then came the scare crows

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 03:27 PM

And here is why he is goofy. I have a HF next to him.
Posted By: Western

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 03:27 PM

That is rather strange confused2
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 03:28 PM

Probably trying to keep critters away from his hidden marijuana grow.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
Could be. I know one thing I used to see deer in that place but not with the scar crows and explosions nothing.
Posted By: tj5

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 03:57 PM

Don
i seen them before dos he have dove fields
Seen ppl use propane cannons to keep doves and deer off there fields
till food pots come up good enf
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 04:04 PM

What a dingleberry. He's scaring them from his place too. I've been dealing with the same sort of thing now for about 8-9 years on one of the properties I hunt. After the fifth feeder was destroyed I called the Sheriff on the neighbors teenage son. It will be interesting to see what happens this year.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 04:09 PM

Maybe he doesnt want any of your deer that are infected with disease to come over and wipe out his herd. You know some people are dumb enough to believe everything they hear. confused2 Whatever the reason I would sure love to hear it!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 06:36 PM

you could really get him jacked up if you had a drone

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 07:39 PM

The old "private property rights" argument deoesn't sound as good in this situation, does it?

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
The old "private property rights" argument deoesn't sound as good in this situation, does it?
I actually think old habits are hard to break is his problem. He is a died in the wool LF person. Now that I have a HF he still thinks he needs to protect "HIS" deer from me.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 07:53 PM

Maybe some Tannerite practice about 2:30AM banana

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
I actually think old habits are hard to break is his problem. He is a died in the wool LF person. Now that I have a HF he still thinks he needs to protect "HIS" deer from me.

Yeah all that does seem ridiculous given the HF being right there.....
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Dry Fire

Then the deer would get hungry and come eat your corn stoned!
Posted By: SwampHunterFw

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/24/14 11:18 PM

Weird

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 12:15 AM

I'll throw this one out there and see what you think!

The deer are walking down that road between the low fence and your high fence.
He can't shoot them because they are on your property. Look on the road to see if you can see tracks! That might be why he's doing it, trying to get the deer to turn and jump the fence into his property before they get to the shirts!
That would possibly also explain the camera, in that he is trying to figure out how many deer are using the road to skirt around his blind/property.
As long as there is cover nearby deer will usually take the path of least resistance around an obstacle (fence), and in this case it's the road.
Anyone who has ever hunted along a high fence knows that there will be deer travel trails side by side following the fence.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 12:28 AM

Why don't you just ask him what's up?
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 12:36 AM

I would put up more elaborate scarecrows. Maybe go buy some manikins and dress them up in lingerie or something.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 12:42 AM

If you are hunting exotics (Axis) there is no closed season, and you can hunt them year round....Really!!!!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 01:22 AM

Quote:
Yeah all that does seem ridiculous given the HF being right there.....

And so may indicate it isn't a deer/hunting issue.
Posted By: trjscout

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 01:46 AM

looks to me like his camera mount is the same as the scarecrow maybe he is moving his camera around and is hiding it with the shirts so no one knows which mount is the actual camera location just checking his fence line for any action he should just put a blind on that fence line that's a nice ready made sendera grin

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: trjscout
looks to me like his camera mount is the same as the scarecrow maybe he is moving his camera around and is hiding it with the shirts so no one knows which mount is the actual camera location just checking his fence line for any action he should just put a blind on that fence line that's a nice ready made sendera grin
Only problem is I own the road. Ask him what he is doing? No, I don't really care. As for the camera I talked to the lady that owns the place and got it removed but the scare crows were erected the next day. It will all come to bite them in the butt one of these days. I have a good memory.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 02:31 AM

So he has woken a sleeping giant but what can you honestly do? Are you trapping axis or something like that to make him act so stupid?

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 02:44 AM

Only problem is I own the road. Ask him what he is doing? No, I don't really care. As for the camera I talked to the lady that owns the place and got it removed but the scare crows were erected the next day. It will all come to bite them in the butt one of these days. I have a good memory.

I don't understand why any of this matters to you given the situation. You have a HF all along there-what difference does it make what stupid stuff he does? (And, yes, it is stupid on his part.) He could put up life-sized Bozo the Clown statues every 20 yards and your deer ain't going anywhere... confused2

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 12:04 PM

I don't understand why any of this matters to you given the situation. You have a HF all along there-what difference does it make what stupid stuff he does? (And, yes, it is stupid on his part.) He could put up life-sized Bozo the Clown statues every 20 yards and your deer ain't going anywhere... confused2
It doesn't matter to me. I just thought some might be interested in what you have to put up with sometimes. Kinda like if you lived in town and had a neighbor with a camera pointed at your entrance all the time. Or they put out so called scare crows in their yard next to you.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 12:25 PM

It doesn't matter to me. I just thought some might be interested in what you have to put up with sometimes. Kinda like if you lived in town and had a neighbor with a camera pointed at your entrance all the time. Or they put out so called scare crows in their yard next to you.
I get where you are coming from, been lucky wit the neighbors on both sides
Posted By: deerdude2000

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 01:19 PM

Is that road locked may have poachers driving that road night hunting!! That would explain the camera.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 02:02 PM

People are weird.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 03:24 PM

High fence and a road along the fenceline that is yours.....I say let him have his fun!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 07:09 PM

This is beyond strange to me.

On a side note you got some nice fences Don.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 07:20 PM

Why not just put something up as goofy on your side??

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 08:06 PM

No, I think I will put a tall blind in the middle of the road and start corning it.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 08:09 PM

No, I think I will put a tall blind in the middle of the road and start corning it.

roflmao that should really get his goat.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 08:10 PM

You wouldn't consider that goofy?? confused2
Posted By: swmays

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 10:03 PM

C'mon man! Ask him what's up.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: swmays
C'mon man! Ask him what's up.
You ask him. You know what happens when you argue with a fool don't you?

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 10:35 PM

lol. Not saying argue with him.cheers

But I would ask him what's up just out of curiosity. Something like "Hey Neighbor, I'm digging the scarecrows. What do you have them scaring...?" confused2

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 10:46 PM

lol. Not saying argue with him.cheers

But I would ask him what's up just out of curiosity. Something like "Hey Neighbor, I'm digging the scarecrows. What do you have them scaring...?" confused2
No offence but you must not be from around this area.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 11:16 PM

No, not from around Bandera and no offence taken. Doesn't sound like a very friendly place though. Also sounds like the scarecrows are only part of the story...

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 11:21 PM

No, not from around Bandera and no offence taken. Doesn't sound like a very friendly place though. Also sounds like the scarecrows are only part of the story...
Some are friendly and some aren't. You learn who you can talk to and those you can't. Just like any other place in the world. You learn to live with it.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 11:26 PM

Some are friendly and some aren't. You learn who you can talk to and those you can't. Just like any other place in the world. You learn to live with it.

Are you friendly? I mean I ask because you have talked repeatedly about how pissed off you are, what a dumb sh** he is, how you have a long memory, blah, blah, blah....

All over something that cannot possibly affect you in any way other than possibly give you a chuckle. confused2

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/25/14 11:35 PM

Give me his number. I gonna ask him where he got them scarecrows...

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 12:02 AM

Are you friendly? I mean I ask because you have talked repeatedly about how pissed off you are, what a dumb sh** he is, how you have a long memory, blah, blah, blah....

All over something that cannot possibly affect you in any way other than possibly give you a chuckle. confused2
Kinda blah blah like you heh np?
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 12:07 AM

How tall is your high fence? It looks kinda short to me
Posted By: texasbowhunter321

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 04:29 AM

So he took down the camera. What about the noise makers?
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: cameron00
People are weird.

peep i'm not weird, i've been tested. little goofy maybe flag

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 11:55 AM

The fence is a little over 6'. Just high enough for my Ibex. I have seen deer, Axis and WT jump in and out of it. I am not in the WT business. The weird part about the whole deal is. I bought around 20 acres off that place a few years ago. Part of them selling to me was that I had to buy the road and fence it off. So I built a 5 barb wire fence on their side and a taller fence on my side of the road. 2 other ranches access their property through this road. The property with the noise maker and scare crows is rectangular in shape. 3 sides are HF and the short side is LF. The short side has neighbors that take every deer they can so there is a lot of pressure on deer that would access their property. The noise maker and scare crows are in the back side of the property near the HF's. So it seems as if he wants to actually chase all the deer off the property. And no I am not going to ask him his reason for doing what he is doing. I tried that years ago. The camera was different. I went directly to the land owner with that. The rest of his actions I can live with.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 01:08 PM

That's goofy all right....

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 03:36 PM

There is just an outside chance (sarcasem) that he may just be hurting his own chances, but obviously he doesn't seem to care about that! loco

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 05:27 PM

The fence is a little over 6'. Just high enough for my Ibex. I have seen deer, Axis and WT jump in and out of it. I am not in the WT business. The weird part about the whole deal is. I bought around 20 acres off that place a few years ago. Part of them selling to me was that I had to buy the road and fence it off. So I built a 5 barb wire fence on their side and a taller fence on my side of the road. 2 other ranches access their property through this road. The property with the noise maker and scare crows is rectangular in
shape. 3 sides are HF and the short side is LF. The short side has neighbors that take every deer they can so there is a lot of pressure on deer that would access their property. The noise maker and scare crows are in the back side of the property near the HF's. So it seems as if he wants to actually chase all the deer off the property. And no I am not going to ask him his reason for doing what he is doing. I tried that years ago. The camera was different. I went directly to the land owner with that. The rest of his actions I can live with.

scratch this explains a lot flag

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 05:29 PM

Kinda blah blah like you heh np?

I rest my case.
Posted By: Bowhunt66

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 07:48 PM

The fence is a little over 6'. Just high enough for my Ibex. I have seen deer, Axis and WT jump in and out of it. I am not in the WT business. The weird part about the whole deal is. I bought around 20 acres off that place a few years ago. Part of them selling to me was that I had to buy the road and fence it off. So I built a 5 barb wire fence on their side and a taller fence on my side of the road. 2 other ranches access their property through this road. The property with the noise maker and scare crows is rectangular in shape. 3 sides are HF and the short side is LF. The short side has neighbors that take every deer they can so there is a lot of pressure on deer that would access their property. The noise maker and scare crows are in the back side of the property near the HF's. So it seems as if he wants to actually chase all the deer off the property. And no I am not going to ask him his reason for doing what he is doing. I tried that years ago. The camera was different. I went directly to the land owner with that. The rest of his actions I can live with.

Goofy...weird...bizarre! He's obviously willing take his own time/money and disrupt his own hunting/deer population just to mess with you. I'd be irritated too but I'd document and leave it be. Hope it just goes away with time...Good luck!

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 09:52 PM

All over something that cannot possibly affect you in any way other than possibly give you a chuckle. confused2 [/quote] Kinda blah blah like you heh np? [/quote]

I rest my case.[/quote] Hopefully you are not a lawyer. If you are do you income from another source?
Posted By: outdoorsmen54

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/26/14 10:08 PM

I know how you feel in a way. On the lf property I own, the neighbor drives by twice a morning and twice an evening hoping to scare the deer away I guess. Only it helps... Normally he chases the deer into our property and then their attention is focused on him waiting to pass by. He learned last year when I dropped a nice 8 about 75 yards in front of his truck. Anti hunting jerk gets annoying.
Posted By: Adam O

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/27/14 05:49 PM

lol444
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 08/30/14 02:37 AM

Personally, I go buy up all the gut shot burritos I could get at the local picos....eat them....wash them down with a quart of Bordens chocolate milk and wait...once everything begins to churn, I'd mark every place he has put a "scarecrow" that I could....(all at night of course). But that's me... confused2

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/01/14 06:23 PM

scratch he got a wife named Dorthy, dog named Toto, lion around with a tin man, named Pluto, following de yellow brick road ta the Wizard of Oz, on a horse of a different color flag

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/01/14 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
scratch he got a wife named Dorthy, dog named Toto, lion around with a tin man, named Pluto, following de yellow brick road ta the Wizard of Oz, on a horse of a different color flag

csi beware of little guy wondering about de woods, escaped from loony-bin complaining bout depain, depain, boss, d flag epain .

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/01/14 07:19 PM

Still got 5 scare crows and his cannon. I haven't seen a deer on that side of the fence in a few weeks. Looks to be keeping those darn LF deer off his lease.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/01/14 07:32 PM

Still got 5 scare crows and his cannon. I haven't seen a deer on that side of the fence in a few weeks. Looks to be keeping those darn LF deer off his lease.
o
scratch he might be doing U a favor Don, keeping your investments from jumping fence. whin ya gonna play in texas ya gotta have a violiner in de band. Us loofer's don't get no respect
flag
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/02/14 12:27 AM

Take a couple Viagra and walk up and down the road so the camera gets a real nice show.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/02/14 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Take a couple Viagra and walk up and down the road so the camera gets a real nice show.

That was my thought. I'd have had alot of fun with that camera before I said anything, maybe get a bigfoot suit and some stilts. Sounds weird though, those "scarecrows" dont look like they'd accomplish much.
Posted By: Kbar Ag Service

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/02/14 12:58 AM

And here is why he is goofy. I have a HF next to him.

I love neighbors like you got.
I would park an old cattle or horse trailer on the road right in front of his camera (something that can take a little damage and not be a loss). Then I would put burlap over the windows so it flaps in the wind.....maybe a couple of lounge chairs outside, maybe a couple of wind chimes on each side so they always catch the wind....... and of course a fire ring........ cant go campin at the lease without a fire ring, Right?

Lemme know if you need a trailer

clap
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/02/14 01:11 AM

Maybe he has heard something negative about you, and wants to keep his dogs from getting close to your property. Doesn't have anything to do with hunting.

Re: Neighbors hunter is goofy - 09/02/14 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Maybe he has heard something negative about you, and wants to keep his dogs from getting close to your property. Doesn't have anything to do with hunting.
If that keeps the dogs away I may put some scare crows myself.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum