Texas Hunting Forum

New Mexico antelope license?

Posted By: rvf

New Mexico antelope license? - 08/15/14 06:48 PM

I have a chance to go to New Mexico and hunt antelope. My brother-and-law was able to get a few permits and offered me one. If anyone that hunts New Mexico, my questions is what kind of license do I need to get and what are the fees?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New Mexico antelope license? - 08/15/14 07:26 PM

You can go to the website and look at the license cost for LO voucher/permit
Posted By: Spence

Re: New Mexico antelope license? - 08/17/14 02:04 AM

If you get an antelope permit in New Mexico, that is all you need. It includes a general hunting permit.
Posted By: cmc

Re: New Mexico antelope license? - 08/17/14 04:13 AM

That don't seem right. We go every year and I don't have a tag this year so things could have changed but I know the years I did I bought the landowner permit and then a New Mexico license which seemed like it was around $300.

Re: New Mexico antelope license? - 08/17/14 02:21 PM

Oh ya, sorry, you may be right. I got mixed up.

Re: New Mexico antelope license? - 08/17/14 08:48 PM

We always take a day of prairie dog shooting during our hunts. Everyone that has a pronghorn tag does not need an additional tag to shoot dogs. But the non hunters have to go buy a small game tag of some sort to shoot. For some reason I got it in my head that the pronghorn tag included a general hunting license. I forgot that the hunters have a tag, they just buy it before we go out there. And we have someone that arranges all the tags and buys the licenses so I just got mixed up cause I don't hunt anymore, just guide buddies.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: New Mexico antelope license? - 08/18/14 07:19 AM

Looks like it is $299 for the Non-Resident License in addition to the landowner tag.

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/publications/documents/rib/2014/sections/bgrib.html

It can be bought online but there is a tollfree number listed and I bet they could explain it to you.
Posted By: rvf

Re: New Mexico antelope license? - 08/18/14 08:47 PM

Thanks for the info, that has helped a lot.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum