Texas Hunting Forum

Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night?

Posted By: ag93

Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 12:21 AM

I'm looking to buy a flashlight to hunt varmint at night and I just want to know which color is best?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 04:12 AM

Red or amber for me.. Or white with a dimmer
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 05:31 AM

I use red!!!
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 05:49 AM

Camouflage ninja
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 06:45 AM

I use red but am becoming more and more a fan of the green lights.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 12:12 PM

White
Posted By: High Country 8

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 02:21 PM

Red.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 03:01 PM

White lets you see farther and more clearly. Just my opinion.
Posted By: Geezer Ranger

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 05:06 PM

Here is what Elusive Wildlife Technologies have to save about it:

"We highly recommend using RED LIGHTS FOR PREDATORS and GREEN LIGHTS FOR HOGS for a variety of reasons. Predators are least likely to be spooked by a red light. Our red lights can shine eyes easily up to 500 yards even with our small 100 yard light. Hogs are color blind and the red or green doesn’t bother them but hogs are usually dark in color and are much harder to see with the red so green is the best choice for hogs. Green light is much easier for the human eye to see than red light which is why most people choose green. We have many customers that use green for predators and report great success but we have personally been the most successful with red when it comes to predators. If you will do both predator hunting and hog hunting we offer many of our lights in Pro Packs which come with all 3 colors, white, red and green so you can easily change the LED color for your given situation."
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 05:50 PM

I like red all around but LED in any color is good.. Iv shined plenty of pigs with a strong white led and plenty of them just stood there not noticing a thing..
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 05:51 PM

Main thing with green if your shooting long range it just dosnt hold the beam a white or red would
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/19/14 10:13 PM

Red.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/20/14 01:54 AM

Elusive wildlife kill lights suck. I use a combo red and green. Green is easier on my eyes and the red green combo makes for some really good vision.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/21/14 01:54 PM

for coon/ringtail, we had best luck with red lens unless overly foggy, then we used yellow/amber. A older smart coon will only look at a white light for a very short time where the red seems to really arouse their curious side.
Posted By: ag93

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/21/14 05:50 PM

thanks for answering my question. i think im going for both red an green
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/21/14 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Geezer Ranger
Here is what Elusive Wildlife Technologies have to save about it:

"We highly recommend using RED LIGHTS FOR PREDATORS and GREEN LIGHTS FOR HOGS for a variety of reasons. Predators are least likely to be spooked by a red light. Our red lights can shine eyes easily up to 500 yards even with our small 100 yard light. Hogs are color blind and the red or green doesn’t bother them but hogs are usually dark in color and are much harder to see with the red so green is the best choice for hogs. Green light is much easier for the human eye to see than red light which is why most people choose green. We have many customers that use green for predators and report great success but we have personally been the most successful with red when it comes to predators. If you will do both predator hunting and hog hunting we offer many of our lights in Pro Packs which come with all 3 colors, white, red and green so you can easily change the LED color for your given situation."

Totally agree. You may start off using white, but after a few those animals are hunted, they soon realize that the white light means things are NOT GOOD. I prefer the green, it seems easiest to see in my scope at night!
Posted By: 209HUNTER

Re: Whats the best flashlight color to hunt varmint at night? - 04/22/14 08:18 AM

White
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum