Texas Hunting Forum

What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit?

Posted By: 10ring

What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 04:20 AM

Obviously THF is "Home" to a lot of folks here but I was just wondering what other sites you all visit and use for research and sharing of shooting and hunting information. Seems 24hr campfire is pretty popular, Etc...
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 05:10 AM

I like Elk Nut's forum. Some elk killing geniuses, there.

Used to frequent Archery Talk a lot. Not much, anymore.

Texans are big enough crybabies, these days. You get outside of this state, and it's just more than I can tolerate.
Posted By: tlk

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 10:17 AM

use to frequent 2cool - some good folks on there but also some that I just could not take anymore and a little out there for my taste. Also if you are not from the Houston area it seemed you were not one of the crowd. So I decided to just stick to this forum and the hunting side of it
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 11:33 AM

Use THF the most, but first found Accurate Reloading (mostly African, some int'l) and visit there some. Some good ideas and interesting perspectives from the European guys. Found a good Texas taxidermist on there.
Posted By: dawaba

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 11:44 AM

I like 24-hr Campfire for North American hunting. It's also a great site to get expert advice on optics, bullets, and nuts-and-bolts opinions on rifles.

Contrary to its title, Accurate Reloading is no place to exchange reloading tips and ideas. But it is hands-down the best source for African hunting, as well as other world destinations.
Posted By: sethcros

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 12:18 PM

I like Texas Bowhunter, even though I am not a bowhunter. They have a good public hunting area.
Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 05:42 PM

I frequent Texas Bowhunter and that's about it!! I try to keep it all TEXAS!!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 05:59 PM

scratch There are other forums?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 06:09 PM

I got on tractor talk for a while but turns out there is more tractor talk on here than there... green screen to look up local bow hunting stuff... other than that just here
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/18/14 06:16 PM

THF diehard... I fear if I got on another forum, I may lose my job. banana
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 04:04 AM

Only 2, THF is first, been on here long enough to know who is posting truth and who is is just counting posts.
24 hour campfire is good, but seems to be more skewed to the north woods. Still great info, and the folks are a bit more laid back. Don't post much there, just lurk.
Posted By: cmc

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 01:41 PM

TFF- those freaks are funny sometimes
Texasbowhunter- I pick and chose what I read here, lots of "my S don't stink crowd there"
Trad Gang- traditional archery
Accurate reloader- for the African forum
IH8mud- lots of good stuff about my FJ62 when I need it
TX high school baseball- keep up with teams and how my kid is doing compared
Posted By: rifleman

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 01:43 PM

TBH, Monster Muleys, Eastman's are the main ones.....TFF when GG is having females problems.
Posted By: Reeder

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 01:54 PM

Other hunting forums, none. Also play on gunboards, us militaria forum, and m14 forum. A lot of good guys on all forums, and likewise plenty that drive you insane and try to be the keyboard jerk.
Posted By: zeagle68

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 03:41 PM

I get on the ultimate pheasant forum some, and the creepy stories from the outdoors section on survivalistboards.com makes for some great reading and campfire stories. I found the link to that one on here some time back.
Posted By: 1riot1ranger

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 03:56 PM

Most of my time is on THF. I go to Texas Bow Hunter some too. If I'm looking for really good fried bass recipes I go to Texas Fishing Forum.
Posted By: fishhuntgolfgeek

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 10:23 PM

TFF, Field & Stream blog, On Your Own Adventures, and MonsterMuleys.
Posted By: Blank

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 11:18 PM

MonsterMuleys
AccurateReloading
NitroExpress
24HourCampfire
Crossbownation
THF
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/19/14 11:47 PM

I spend a little time on a couple of predator hunting forums and I spend a lot of time on some call making forums trying to pass on a dying art.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/20/14 12:27 AM

I have a job and a family, so this site is all of the time that I can spare! Besides, when I need some info - I can always find it here. Been here only a few years but there are a whole bunch of good folks here, some I've had the pleasure of meeting in person.

Marc
Posted By: erok11

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/20/14 12:43 AM

Just THF, Eastmans, and Rokslide
Posted By: aeb

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/20/14 04:28 AM

Pond Boss
Posted By: jdickey

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/21/14 12:00 AM

Texas Predator Posse
Deer Texas
Monster Muleys
The Big game Hunting Forum
Posted By: Lotto

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/21/14 01:38 AM

TGF and TOC............most of the others are above my head.................
Posted By: jwb

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 03:56 AM

THF and Graybeard outdoors
Posted By: Curtis

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 01:43 PM

Majority of my time is on THF. I browse TBH now and then but there is way too much personal stuff going on there and not enough about hunting. THF is where I feel the most comfortable at.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 01:58 PM

TBH, rokslide, Onyourown, MM, elknut

I seldom ever post on the others, I have a hard time not telling some of the western liberals how stupid their ideology of big goverment is. Hard to relate to some of them due anti private property rights and goverment will save you BS

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 02:44 PM

C'mon it's fun messing with the Westerners.

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
C'mon it's fun messing with the Westerners.

Lol, listening to guy denouce land owners because they won't let them hunt is hilarious. Listening to them talk about how they need the wolf for game management of elk is hilarious since they think man can't keep elk numbers down via a gun... even funnier when you find out they are in limited draw only units...lol

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 03:13 PM

I know, deal with that every time we arrive in Gunnison and mingle with the locals. The townsfolk have a serious problem with landowners getting their tags....especially when the main landowner for the better units is a Texan.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 03:39 PM

24hourcampfire (djones hides out over there), Predator Masters, Texas Predator Posse, Archerytalk, TFF (although haven't posted in awhile except to mess with that YeeYee troll), and on occasion Bass Boat Central.
Posted By: Sq2 hunter

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 03:57 PM

THF, TFF, Elk Nut, and Texas Bowhunter. But I did find rokslide.com last night and it's the best backpacking hunting forum I've found to date.

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/23/14 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Sq2 hunter
THF, TFF, Elk Nut, and Texas Bowhunter. But I did find rokslide.com last night and it's the best backpacking hunting forum I've found to date.

Use to be better, but kind of turned in to archery talk lately. Different reps bashing competitors
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/27/14 03:14 AM

Moving away from TBH onto THF.
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/27/14 01:43 PM

Why go somewhere else - I thought we know everything? confused2

Really though I do occasionally go to IRV2 and once in a while I visit the tff peep
Posted By: gollygee

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/28/14 03:18 AM

http://www.accurateshooter.com/

Especially the "bulletin".
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/28/14 04:08 AM

Tell you what. I visit a lot of others, Heck I even sponsor one, but I prefer THF for sure. relative to a couple I am thinking about the people here are more level minded and have more field experience, at least on the rifle side of things in my opinion. Sometimes I a blown away by the amount of Minute of deer guys are out there. Here at least here are some savvy shooters that are not just BR guys but actually use it in the field
Posted By: TSU99

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/28/14 03:55 PM

Sniperhide
Posted By: OutdoorsFan78

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/28/14 05:04 PM

TexasFishingForum.com
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 04/28/14 05:52 PM

www.whitetaildomains.com
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/02/14 09:39 PM

Debauchery.com
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/02/14 09:42 PM

Before the hate mail gets sent. That was meant to be a joke. Hahahahaha.
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/03/14 04:19 PM

Frontier Muzzleloading
Hunting Snows
Posted By: JPHunting

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/04/14 12:39 AM

I've been on a few others but this is by far my favourite and joining then I haven't bothered with any of the others. Great friendly people here and interesting topics.
Posted By: KillinSwede

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/04/14 02:17 AM

68forums.com

There is some serious knowledge over there. And a bunch of Texans.
Posted By: A.B.

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/04/14 04:43 AM

THR and THF the majority of the time. I am on TFF and the green screen, but not very often.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/04/14 03:11 PM

lonestarboars.com
Posted By: Primer

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/06/14 03:09 AM

This one is my favorite and the only one I post to. I think the peoples at bow hunters is respectables too. If I wants to read lots of know it all that know nothins I read 2cool fishing. I love to fish and that place gots so many chiefs thinking they knows all the fishing rules and be posting crazy slap ya mama stuff. I read all kinds of hunting boards if it be raining outside. Otherwise I gots me a life I have to attend to. These forums are time consuming.
Posted By: Primer

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/06/14 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: HorizonFirearms
Tell you what. I visit a lot of others, Heck I even sponsor one, but I prefer THF for sure. relative to a couple I am thinking about the people here are more level minded and have more field experience, at least on the rifle side of things in my opinion. Sometimes I a blown away by the amount of Minute of deer guys are out there. Here at least here are some savvy shooters that are not just BR guys but actually use it in the field
How's I agree with you. It's crazy out there on forums. Peoples knowing nothin and posting like they do. Shaking my head.
Posted By: passthru

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/12/14 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Curtis
Majority of my time is on THF. I browse TBH now and then but there is way too much personal stuff going on there and not enough about hunting. THF is where I feel the most comfortable at.

Same here. I know some great people over on TBH but it's less to do with hunting than face book like stuff. Although if you need to know anything or need help there are is a lot of expert information available. I used to do some TKF stuff and probably will more after I retire and have more time to get the kayak wet.
Posted By: passthru

Re: What other Forums or Chat Rooms do you visit? - 05/12/14 02:32 AM

Then again I just got on an archery only lease. yingyang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum