Texas Hunting Forum

Drone at feeder

Posted By: cos

Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:02 AM

Caught someone snooping on me. Doe tripped camera and nothing there, 30 seconds later camera took another pic and a drone with camera was sitting there, 30 sec later drone gone. Date on camera doesn't work. current photo from this season.
Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:05 AM

a drone? what sort of drone could that be?

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:06 AM

Got a camera underneath looks like, if not a drone I have sighted me a UFO.
Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:10 AM

? Where the drone?

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:13 AM

Sitting on ground behind pine tree.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:17 AM

That is a darn bird flying away
Posted By: Snmcc

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:18 AM

Post the before and after too.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:45 AM

Turkey or some other large bird going away, look closer.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:54 AM

Definitely a turkey.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Pittstate
That is a darn bird flying away

It's Dracula!!!!!!!! In his bat form gosh darnt!!!!
Posted By: Kenneth1977

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:55 AM

Yep I say turkey flying off

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 02:59 AM

its the thang behind the right feeder leg.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: JohnRussell
a drone? what sort of drone could that be?
PETA Drone
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 03:31 AM

I blew it up. I think there are two feet hanging down
Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:07 AM

no idea what it is, but I seriously doubt someone spent a ton of money to spy on feeders.

Without time stamps or before and after photos, it could be a damn trashcan lid on legs for all we know.

All I can say is if I had enough money to buy a drone that could spy on feeders, I'd be hunting game that would make those deer look like dogs.. heh

R
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:30 AM

Step away from the bottle. It's a damn turkey flying away. Blow it up and you can see the feet and tail feathers.
Drone,,,, Good Lord!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:40 AM

East Texas Moonshine. Corn Buzzard looks like, heck I think.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 08:54 AM

Looks like a R3-D7 unit.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 03:24 PM

Highly suspect oil company, they are leasing and drilling all over my area. Will have to try and see if I left pics on chip, my neighbor has a drone but doesn't look like this one. You can put on a pair of goggles and send it up and see what it see's.
Posted By: Nightbird

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: GUTIT
Step away from the bottle. It's a damn turkey flying away. Blow it up and you can see the feet and tail feathers.
Drone,,,, Good Lord!

X2
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:05 PM

bird
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Nightbird
Drone,,,, Good Lord!

X2

Bud i want some of what you are smoking, that is clearly a large bird flying off from your feeder, be it a Crow, Turkey, whatever breed of bird it may be, but it dang sure is no drone!

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: cos
Highly suspect oil company, they are leasing and drilling all over my area. Will have to try and see if I left pics on chip, my neighbor has a drone but doesn't look like this one. You can put on a pair of goggles and send it up and see what it see's.

Oil companies are not gonna waist there time with drones. Especially to look at somebodies feeder. It's a dang turkey man!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:17 PM

Quote:

After you blew it up, did you recover any tiny alien bodies to go with the feet?
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:17 PM

Quote:

After you blew it up, did you recover any tiny alien bodies to go with the feet? What of the wreckage?
Posted By: swmays

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:22 PM

Dude - That's a turkey used to distract you. The real problem is the robotic intelligence gathering squirrel under your feeder. You're screwed...
Posted By: Big Tony

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:28 PM

Drone,,,, Good Lord!

up
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:50 PM

crowdrone
Posted By: ggarciatx

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 04:52 PM

It's an Imperial Scout Walker. Google Imperial "Chicken" walker and you will see. Darth Vader is counting your deer.
Posted By: fowlplayr

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: swmays
Dude - That's a turkey used to distract you. The real problem is the robotic intelligence gathering squirrel under your feeder. You're screwed...
Hurry and get in your SHTF bunker. clap
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 07:25 PM

Have you been vacationing in Colorado?
Posted By: Txarrow

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 08:11 PM

Bird drone
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/11/14 08:51 PM

loco

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 12:40 AM

Apparently every one is looking at the bush near the feeder leg, the object I am talking about is sitting out in the field behind the right feeder leg. Got this pic around 1st week of deer season and trying to find chip that has before and after pics on it. will bring in my cameras when I get time. Had a guy that builds drones look at it today and he said he had never seen one just like that one. He has a few but none like this one so not sure what the heck it is just know it wasn't there in previous pic and the following pic.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 12:59 AM

Apparently every one is looking at the bush near the feeder leg, the object I am talking about is sitting out in the field behind the right feeder leg. Got this pic around 1st week of deer season and trying to find chip that has before and after pics on it. will bring in my cameras when I get time. Had a guy that builds drones look at it today and he said he had never seen one just like that one. He has a few but none like this one so not sure what the heck it is just know it wasn't there in previous pic and the following pic.

We are all talking about the object out in the field not by your feeder leg..we can all obviously see what it is but you can't for some reason. Your trying to make it out more than what it is. It is just a turkey flying off.
Posted By: TXHogger

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 01:03 AM

This post is awesome. I need drones at my feeders.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 01:03 AM

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: SR025

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 01:16 AM

This is a bird...
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 01:38 AM

Looks like a black panther to me.....
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Txarrow

This is a bird...

I wish someone here who sees a bird would draw the outline of the bird you see because I can't make it out.

it looks like a rectangle shape with 2 legs

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Sparky45

This is a bird...

I wish someone here who sees a bird would draw the outline of the bird you see because I can't make it out.

The bird is in the process of taking flight. The top part is the body of the bird flying away from the camera. If you zoom in you can see the tail feathers. What you are calling legs are its wings at the end of a down stroke. Right up underneath the body you can actually see its real legs folded back for the take off.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 02:30 AM

Well since we don't have Turkeys around here that eliminates them, so what kind of bird is it and what is the object that is hanging under it.. Keep trying someone will figure it out.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 02:35 AM

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 02:39 AM

Well since we don't have Turkeys around here that eliminates them, so what kind of bird is it and what is the object that is hanging under it.. Keep trying someone will figure it out.

muyloco .. loco
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 02:46 AM

Whatever it is-it caused a beer can to grow out of that does neck. It could be the frame of my blind that blew away last year.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 02:53 AM

Can you post the picture before and after?
Posted By: Geezer Ranger

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Nightbird
Originally Posted By: Sparky45
Hawk or buzzard. Legs hanging underneath

This is a bird...

The bird is in the process of taking flight. The top part is the body of the bird flying away from the camera. If you zoom in you can see the tail feathers. What you are calling legs are its wings at the end of a down stroke. Right up underneath the body you can actually see its real legs folded back for the take off.
Posted By: ttechcolleyville

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 02:58 AM

COS, I feel for you. Early this season, I had a strange pic that I thought was the top of someone's foot. The pic immediately before it and after it had nothing in it, so I thought it was someone snooping around my feeder.

I distributed the pic to some other folks on the lease only to have someone point out that it was the very tip of a turkey's tail feathers. It looked so out out of place and with the before and after pics, I just didn't see the obvious.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 03:01 AM

Look at the monster legs on this bird, now I am scared to go back out on the ranch. This thread just keeps getting better, lots of drinkers on Sat. nite.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 03:07 AM

Look at the monster legs on this bird, now I am scared to go back out on the ranch. This thread just keeps getting better, lots of drinkers on Sat. nite.

Dude the only one drinking is you or smoking crack one! What you are calling legs are the birds wings! You are just one of those people that can't see the trees because of the forest!

I am out! You can't help those that can't even help themselves! bang

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 03:18 AM

Kinda like this picture. It looks like a hunter but it really is a poacher. I can see how you thought it was a drone...

Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 03:18 AM

I'm going with a hawk, with it's wings swept down, trying to gain some altitude after making a run for that squirrel.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 03:19 AM

For those that can't make the picture out.

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 03:38 AM

If it is a bird with a mouse then it is still a very cool picture...
Posted By: lharrell79

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 03:39 AM

Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 03:59 AM

Paul Revere's long lost lantern!!!
Posted By: hunthard

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 04:09 AM

No turkeys in east texas? You sure about that?

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 04:03 PM

Its a frickin crow. There is another one still on the ground just under the deers neck. Wow. I cant tell if the OP is serioys or just trying to stir the pot. Surely no one is that paranoid?

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 04:13 PM

looking closer, i think i see Bigfoot in the treeline too. you have a cornucopia of oddities in this pic.

Posted By: sg1015

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 06:19 PM

Guys I don't think you are looking hard enough...you can clearly see the drones to the right of the feeder!

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 06:50 PM

There they are!
Posted By: cyphertext

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 06:57 PM

Those are droids, not drones...
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 07:01 PM

Haha....that fool knows there aren't any turkey around there! That would just be crazy. It must be a drone; thats more plausible.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: cyphertext
Those are droids, not drones...

These are not thed droids you are looking for....
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 09:22 PM

You should never have disclosed this or discussed this with anyone. I'm sure you will be getting a visit from the "man in the suit" very soon. No way the government wants this out!
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/12/14 10:21 PM

drone. lmao.

can we get a list of all the things you crossed off before you got to "drone" when you couldnt figure out what you were looking at?

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 12:20 AM

Black panther - nope
Chupa - nope
Bigfoot - nope
Ghost - mayyyybe
Drone - definitely
Posted By: spibiggie

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 12:24 AM

Lol.

It's a bird with big wings and tips are almost touching the ground in a lift off down stroke.

That "thing" hanging down is a webbed foot. It's some kind of waterfowl.
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 12:53 AM

It's a darn Turkey Vulture.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L
Black panther - nope
Chupa - nope
Bigfoot - nope
Ghost - mayyyybe
Drone - definitely

grin...although i think drone would be a little further down the list for me.
Posted By: wgonfan

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 02:06 AM

This is one of the best post I've seen on here in a long time. The pic is clearly a crow taking off... Which has been said many times ; I was curious how you came to the drone conclusion... So I asked my 14 yr old what he thought it was, 15 guess later he gave up and it was clear that he was never going to guess drone. He guessed just about every animal know to Texas, also a water bucket and a mini feeder. The closest he got to drone was that he guessed it was another trail can on a stake. The OP is clearly having fun with us... There is no way anyone would seriously think that was a drone.
Posted By: cyberpyrot

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 02:24 AM

It's a frog with huge balls jumping.
Posted By: eneat1119

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 03:22 AM

F that!

I just saw War of the Worlds and that looks just like one of those walkers! If you hear a loud trumpet noise...RUN!

laugh

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 11:33 AM

pretty sure when he posted he knew what it was. he is having some fun too.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 11:43 AM

It looks like a turkey or a crow...both eat corn from feeders...when the deer approach, they will usually chase off individual birds hanging around a feeder.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 03:20 PM

cos… I'm starting to lean towards your thinking… It's clearly a drone made to look like a crow loco
Posted By: crstfr

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/13/14 03:25 PM

something out of starwars!!!.... but i'm leaning twords bird!....
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/14/14 11:52 PM

gobble gobble
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 01:03 AM

"Let 'em go. Those aren't the drones we're looking for."
Posted By: taco bender

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 04:54 PM

looks like a big bird flying off to me....of that "drone" has feet like a bird.
Posted By: TexastoaD

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 05:06 PM

Cos, may I suggest something ? Close this account, start a new one, and never mention this post or this handle ever again. Never.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TexastoaD
Cos, may I suggest something ? Close this account, start a new one, and never mention this post or this handle ever again. Never.

lol
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 07:27 PM

this thread is greatness. it definitely has made my day.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 07:28 PM

it surely continues to please
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 08:48 PM

Turkey flying off for sure
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 09:43 PM

Cos, don't let these guys give you a hard time. Actually, you and them are both right. It is a Crone. Or a drone made to look like a crow, hence the name Crone. It was a project started by Texas A&M to keep the fire ant numbers in check. They shoot tiny lazers out of their eye holes and zap the ants. I hope your area has received plenty of rain. They have been known to start fires in dry areas.
Posted By: Texpolo1106

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: d.g.ruff
Cos, don't let these guys give you a hard time. Actually, you and them are both right. It is a Crone. Or a drone made to look like a crow, hence the name Crone. It was a project started by Texas A&M to keep the fire ant numbers in check. They shoot tiny lazers out of their eye holes and zap the ants. I hope your area has received plenty of rain. They have been known to start fires in dry areas.

Finally an explanation that makes some sense!
Posted By: GriffGruff78

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 10:41 PM

I think that's a hawk holding a mouse...
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 10:56 PM

What is the bag limit on drones?
Better check to make sure they are even in season!
Posted By: Wader

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: GriffGruff78
I think that's a hawk holding a mouse...

x2

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 11:16 PM

Frog jumping with huge balls I swear we have lots of them in Louisiana. You heard of bullfrogs well we call these ballfrogs
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/15/14 11:23 PM

No doubt that's a drone. Someone is watchn you. That's a robotic sqwerl in the pic too. Im certain its remote controlled as well.
Posted By: tailgunner

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/16/14 12:52 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Hooper21

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/16/14 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: ggarciatx
It's an Imperial Scout Walker. Google Imperial "Chicken" walker and you will see. Darth Vader is counting your deer.

Lease must be on Hoth in the summer time.
Posted By: TexastoaD

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/16/14 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Hooper21

Endor lease?

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/17/14 12:36 AM

Endor lease?

Endor lease?

ok, now yall are weirdin' me out...

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/17/14 01:06 AM

Since nobody has figured it out I may as well break the news to the general public what the object is. Many opinions but to your surprise it is !!!! Welcome to Toyota, how may I help you, do I get the boat to.
Posted By: CHRIS1981

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/17/14 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: TXHogger
looking closer, i think i see Bigfoot in the treeline too. you have a cornucopia of oddities in this pic.

Yup i see it barely got to squint my eyes and kinda leave one closed all the way but i see it... lol

As far as the thing that the OP was referring to in the post yup its a bird, ok you say you dont have turkeys but its a crow or something of that size. aim
Posted By: pnh

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/17/14 01:48 AM

Been to 3 World Fairs, 2 goat ropin's and a baby show and ain't never seen nothing like this thread! loco
Posted By: NRE

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/17/14 02:30 AM

bird

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/17/14 03:27 AM

Since nobody has figured it out I may as well break the news to the general public what the object is. Many opinions but to your surprise it is !!!! Welcome to Toyota, how may I help you, do I get the boat to.

Huh?
Posted By: swellcat

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/19/14 02:51 AM

Quote:
. . . do I get the boat to . . .

Get the boat to what? Float?

________
Posted By: bum

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/20/14 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: sg1015
Guys I don't think you are looking hard enough...you can clearly see the drones to the right of the feeder!

These are NOT the drones you're looking for....
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/20/14 06:37 PM

Drone,,,, Good Lord!

roflmao
Posted By: MMTX

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 02:07 AM

A drone really. NSA must have better things to do
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 04:17 AM

Male bird?

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 03:24 PM

All kidding aside, have any of you seen or read about this: http://www.petacatalog.com/homepersonalbeauty/airangelsdrone/

Seriously, PETA is selling drones for the specific purpose of hunter harassment.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 03:57 PM

lol, nice. i need one of these to find game! i should buy one and use it for that and then post a review on their site saying how it helped me track a hog or two.
Posted By: JRC22

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 04:17 PM

Im gonna say eagle. used to see plenty of those in east tx

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 07:17 PM

lol, nice. i need one of these to find game! i should buy one and use it for that and then post a review on their site saying how it helped me track a hog or two.

I had the exact same thought, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm paying an inflated price for a base model drone and PETA's profit margins get used to grease sleazeball politicians...

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 07:35 PM

true

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 07:38 PM

I had the exact same thought, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm paying an inflated price for a base model drone and PETA's profit margins get used to grease sleazeball politicians...

If I had the money I would buy one shoot it with a 12 gague then mount it on the wall like a deer. that would be an image that would piss them off

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 07:38 PM

lol
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 07:46 PM

Stay on target.

Stay on target!

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: cyberpyrot

If I had the money I would buy one shoot it with a 12 gague then mount it on the wall like a deer. that would be an image that would piss them off

That's exactly what I'll do if I ever get overflown.

By the way, it's apparently a Parrot AR 2.0 drone. I think the same platform without the PETA logo can be had for ~$280 on Amazon - UNLESS the PETA model comes with the flight recorder, then it may be a good deal...
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 08:23 PM

Buy one, use flight recorder to record shooting game, then send recording back to peta, thanking them for such a really cool toy they sold
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 09:05 PM

How did I miss this thread? THis is full of greatness. Since cos hasn't checked in in awhile is it safe to assume he is being interrogated by government officials?

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/21/14 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
How did I miss this thread? THis is full of greatness. Since cos hasn't checked in in awhile is it safe to assume he is being interrogated by government officials?

yes or the drone carried him off. or wait, maybe that is the same thing
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/22/14 04:10 PM

rofl

Drones are the new Indian corn.

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/22/14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSnake

rofl

Drones are the new Indian corn.

He might be getting probed right now as we speak.. banana

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/23/14 02:24 AM

Dang PETA Drone disquised as some kind a bird. Or is it?
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/23/14 03:08 AM

See the other drone under the does neck,,,looks like a crow, but its not, its a drone.
Posted By: Drew in Tejas

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/29/14 04:28 PM

I blew the picture up for you guys.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/30/14 01:41 AM

It's buddy is on the other side of the deer.
Posted By: kickerfishpro

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/30/14 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BBD84
Turkey or some other large bird going away, look closer.
+1
Posted By: Octopiston

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/30/14 06:25 PM

Its an AT-ST. The Empire used them on the moon of Endor. Did you happen to see any Ewoks?

Posted By: TEXAN1970

Re: Drone at feeder - 01/31/14 01:59 AM

It's an Imperial probe droid.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum