Texas Hunting Forum

Dang coyotes!

Posted By: ryorgensen

Dang coyotes! - 10/16/13 06:42 PM

The kids let there pet cat out last night . I heard our big lab going crazy barking but ...I was comfy in bed watching lonesome dove. Well I shouldn't have stayed in bed. Coyotes came up and took our cat for supper....then this morning I hear the same commotion outside and look out window and 3 big yotes are in my freakin yard looking to get a next meal. I'm just thankful our lil yorky wasn't outside. Anyhow, I grabbed the 223 and went out to kill one or three..but they took off into woods...
So......it's deer season but I gotta slip in some coyote hunting ASAP . I got my varmint call and went about 1/4 mile from house and called but they were miles away by then I suppose...any expert coyote hunters can pm me any secrets to killing these punks!
Posted By: passthru

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/16/13 06:50 PM

Try a ranting redbird call.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/16/13 06:52 PM

Fawn in distress call will work also.
Posted By: sportsman

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/16/13 06:54 PM

Any distress call will work. And always watch down wind.
Posted By: Humannpower

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/16/13 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: sportsman
Any distress call will work. And always watch down wind.

This and inviting some THF members to help.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/19/13 11:16 AM

Many years ago we had female Siamese cat and when she went in heat she would drive ya crazy with her yowling. One day I recorded about 15 minutes of her making that noise. Called up allot of coyotes with that tape, made enough on hides the first trip to get that damn cat fixed. Took several bobcats with it also.
Posted By: Medinabuck

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/19/13 11:32 AM

Re-purposing at its best. Good on you, HWY_MAN!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/19/13 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Many years ago we had female Siamese cat and when she went in heat she would drive ya crazy with her yowling. One day I recorded about 15 minutes of her making that noise. Called up allot of coyotes with that tape, made enough on hides the first trip to get that damn cat fixed. Took several bobcats with it also.

That is awesome!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/19/13 03:42 PM

give C N C a call flag
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/19/13 09:26 PM

Stake a cat out as bait then set up on it.
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/20/13 01:44 AM

I killed one yesterday . I didn't used too because I didn't want all the shooting to possibly scare the deer off but I will shoot everyone I see from now on.
Posted By: AO2000

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/20/13 05:01 AM

No ones sorry his kids pet got killed? Sorry about your kids cat bud... But I'm glad they didn't get the dog though.. I hope you smash some..
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Dang coyotes! - 10/20/13 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: ryorgensen
Coyotes came up and took our cat for supper....any expert coyote hunters can pm me any secrets to killing these punks!

Perhaps a few "meowwww's" might coax one in.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum