Texas Hunting Forum

Wisconsin or Illinois Hunting advice

Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

Wisconsin or Illinois Hunting advice - 10/07/13 05:08 PM

Fellas, work made me cancel an elk hunting trip and I have to go to Chicago for a week. From a Wednesday to a Wednesday. I'd like to get in some hunting in the latter part of next week. Anything but deer hunting. Pheasant, duck, goose, rabbit, grouse etc.

I don't mind driving up to Wisconsin.

Any insight in the hunting in that part of the midwest? Got any guide recommendations?
Posted By: 30378

Re: Wisconsin or Illinois Hunting advice - 10/07/13 05:28 PM

Until the people of Illinois which gave us Obama understand the value of a vote, I refuse to spend one cent in that state for anything!!!!!
Posted By: forkie44

Re: Wisconsin or Illinois Hunting advice - 10/07/13 06:51 PM

YA what he said and i live here
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Wisconsin or Illinois Hunting advice - 10/07/13 11:53 PM

Find some of the state hunting forums, most likely they will have outfitter listings like THF.
Posted By: 3 shots 1 kill.

Re: Wisconsin or Illinois Hunting advice - 10/08/13 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: 30378
Until the people of Illinois which gave us Obama understand the value of a vote, I refuse to spend one cent in that state for anything!!!!!

Be careful now, they might gather the union and come after you......hahaha bunch of commies up there. I use to live up there, I renounced my Illinois residency and became a texas resident. Best thing I have ever done.
Posted By: bluelund79

Re: Wisconsin or Illinois Hunting advice - 10/08/13 03:03 AM

Lots of public land in WI. Bong recreational area is in Kenosha County, right over the border. Good place for pheasants. The WI DNR website has some good public land maps. If you have questions, shoot me a pm, I grew up in that area, and did recruiting duty for the Army there as well, hunted public land most of my life up there. Good luck, and get the heck out of IL.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum