Texas Hunting Forum

YO Ranch May Be Sold

Posted By: kk66

YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 02:32 PM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Attorney-YO-Ranch-to-be-sold-4658086.php

It's sad that after that many years, family squabbles result in this.
Posted By: JROD

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 04:41 PM

so sad. You see this happening everywhere.
Posted By: don k

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 05:00 PM

They have been selling off parts of it for years.
Posted By: toolman

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 05:03 PM

It wouldn't be sad if I had the money to buy it! grin
Posted By: Jasb

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: toolman
It wouldn't be sad if I had the money to buy it! grin
Just 70 million...
Posted By: Curtis

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 05:18 PM

Wow. I wonder if it sales if that is the end of one of the biggest exotic livestock auction sales each year. I wonder if it would keep going. The YO is a fantastic place. It's a shame it would have to be broken up.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 05:22 PM

The kids were born with a golden spoon in their mouth, and are too selfish to handle this like a family should.
Posted By: SoTxtracker

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 05:24 PM

I never would have thought a person could be rich enough to buy such a place, it's a shame the family is going through with it. But on the up side I wonder if the new owners are gonna be hiring.

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 05:31 PM

If it is sold it will be in pieces like they have been doing.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 06:58 PM

Proof ranching is not profitable. Owes $170,000 and has an asset worth millions?? hammer
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 07:03 PM

Sounds like a good project for Bob Simpson. He has the money, loves to buy ranches of that size, and loves to keep history in tact.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 07:25 PM

Briscoe estate interested? They don't like exotics though.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 07:31 PM

It sounds like maybe two have money problems and two want to continue as is. It looks like a least one of the ones wanting to see it continue, would rather see it sold as a going concern, rather than being split. we'll see what happens.
Posted By: Dbug

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 07:34 PM

I'm going to but me a lotto ticket!!!
Posted By: Dbug

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 07:35 PM

buy!! LOL!! Got so excited I forgot to proof read.
Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 07:49 PM

The family that runs that place is a bunch of crazy inbreds. That guy running the microphone at the auction is a joke, and I'm surprised the auctioneer never told him to just shut up or flat out punch him in the face.
Posted By: Texan0718

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/11/13 09:38 PM

Louie and Charlie III have to be churning in their graves. They fought hard to keep the ranch as a profitable going concern. This is truly a pity but a scene we often see by the 3rd to 5th generation in families like this.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/12/13 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Texan0718
Louie and Charlie III have to be churning in their graves. They fought hard to keep the ranch as a profitable going concern. This is truly a pity but a scene we often see by the 3rd to 5th generation in families like this.

This ^^^^^^^. Louie actually had the ranch turned around and making a great return from the debts that he inherited when he took it over. I knew Louie and had done business with him for years. Charlie III was a great man and I always enjoyed the times I spent with him. They were both great men.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/12/13 12:23 AM

YO has been a great place to me and my family. They have treated me with the upmost class every time I have gone there and never ceased to surprise me and amaze my family and my kids. In my eyes the exotic industry will not be the same without the YO.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/12/13 07:08 PM

The Nuge!
Posted By: SoTxtracker

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/12/13 10:41 PM

It'd be awesome it nuge took it over
Posted By: deadlast2004

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/13/13 01:42 PM

Fraud the nuge ain't got 70 million!
Posted By: Kimber1911

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/13/13 01:50 PM

For that much land 70 million is not bad comes out to like 2,612 an acre
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/13/13 02:39 PM

PowerBall baby ....PowerBall Lottery...the only way Joe SixPack folks like me could pull that deal off...umuh! what a ... dream.
Ron
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/13/13 08:34 PM

Just a macrocosm of what happens to a lot of ranches.
I think there's always been "family squabbles". Ranch from Kerrville to Menard, banking, railroads. What could possibly go wrong?
Posted By: leswad

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/14/13 02:00 PM

I thought the courts ordered the Waggoner ranch to be sold... Does anyone know if it did? It was 500,000 acres I believe.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/14/13 05:47 PM

I've been hearing for years that the Waggoner was to be sold off. Never heard if it happened.
Posted By: kk66

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/14/13 08:32 PM

From what I read I another forum the court order to sell the Waggoner was so tied up with appeals that it's unlikely a sale date will be set any time soon
Posted By: nsmike

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 07/14/13 11:00 PM

The YO situation is different, two members of the trust were suing for the ranch to be split, so that they can sell their share. The other two wanted to keep the ranch as a going as is. Someone may have been persuaded that the solution is to sell the ranch to some one that will keep it going. If an agreement can be worked out on how the ranch is to be sold, the 3 to 1 vote means, the ranch will be put on the market.
Posted By: WRS RANCH 1997

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/01/14 08:51 PM

IM THE ONLY FAMILY MEMBER THAT DOESNT WANT TO SELL THE YO.
Posted By: MACV

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/01/14 10:45 PM

Hate it WRS, my grandfather took me hunting there in the mid 60's I believe. Great time as I recall, so sad.
Posted By: wetduck

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/01/14 11:00 PM

youngest son shot his first deer there, hate the idea of it being broke up. hopefully a better solution can be found
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/01/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
If it is sold it will be in pieces like they have been doing.

it will be bought as a whole, mark my words
Posted By: rifleman

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 12:17 AM

It may be bought as a whole, but that sucker will get split into pieces for a hefty profit.

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
It may be bought as a whole, but that sucker will get split into pieces for a hefty profit.

more than likely
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 12:57 AM

Anyone know the realtor working the deal ? Some guy up near me is claiming he is working in the sell.
Posted By: Folsetth

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Savoy
Anyone know the realtor working the deal ? Some guy up near me is claiming he is working in the sell.

It was advertised on Lands of Texas

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 03:49 AM

Yes.

Robert Dullnig of Kuper Sotheby's has the listing

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

Yes.

You sell it and you could retire for a while.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 01:35 PM

What does land of say, 5000 acre tracts go for in that area?

I know a guy that could write a check for $70mm and barely notice it. He's not into land, but he is into making money.

Will you guys think less of me if I'm the one that cuts it up and sells it off, piece by piece?
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00

I know a guy that could write a check for $70mm and barely notice it. He's not into land, but he is into making money.

Will you guys think less of me if I'm the one that cuts it up and sells it off, piece by piece?

I'd suggest you then cut it up into 50, 100, 200 acre hunting ranchettes, so most of us here can afford it, then that way we can have fantastic hunting for a couple of years and then let everyone in our families, and neighbors and co-workers hunt there and shoot it out. Then we can try to resell it on Craig's list or lease it out to four or five hunters a season to re-coupe our expenses. bolt
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 02:19 PM

That's actually a pretty cheap price. If my line of credit extended that far I would buy it. Then sell off parcels every year to make payments. In a few years the note would be paid off and I'd still retain 35-40% of the land free and clear. I'm sure that's what whomever buys it will do.

If I had a couple of partners it might be possible. Why don't a group of us from THF get together and form a LLP and go for it. Who knows a banker?
Posted By: jskin

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 03:14 PM

Yes.

Does a realtor get the same percentage on piece of land like this versus a house sell?

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: jskin

Yes.

Does a realtor get the same percentage on piece of land like this versus a house sell?

depends on the commission % but typically on deals like that its 4% or 5%

if I co broked the company would be getting around $1.4 mil from the deal on a 4%

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 03:21 PM

go for it.

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 03:24 PM

go for it.

I'm asking him if there's any interest.

I think the issue is going to be the continued cost and hassle of operation during the selling process. We're too small a shop to keep up with that sort of thing.

And we almost never do land deals.

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 03:27 PM

go for it.

I'm asking him if there's any interest.

I think the issue is going to be the continued cost and hassle of operation during the selling process. We're too small a shop to keep up with that sort of thing.

And we almost never do land deals.

don't kid yourself that its going to be easy. if you never do land deals then that wouldn't be the one to start with

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/02/14 03:42 PM

No, we'd have to hire a management team, which is what we do with sectors we're not experts in.
Posted By: Pipemaker

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/14/14 05:59 AM

I know a guy that could write a check for $70mm

Well hell I could write a check for 70 millimeters... Thats only like 2.75 inches.

bolt
Posted By: Billbreaker

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/15/14 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Pipemaker

Well hell I could write a check for 70 millimeters... Thats only like 2.75 inches.

bolt

Don't write a check that your manhood can't cash grin
Posted By: Pipemaker

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/15/14 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Billbreaker
Originally Posted By: Pipemaker

bolt

Don't write a check that your manhood can't cash grin

If I deposit the whole thing at once, it might break her bank.
And she might be too big too fail aim
Posted By: Martin M.

Re: YO Ranch May Be Sold - 01/15/14 03:32 AM

Man, that is sad… It makes me thankful that our family gets along so well on our little place. Not a squabble over anything, so far. Fingers crossed...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum