Texas Hunting Forum

do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them

Posted By: hopalong

do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 11:29 AM

I will not spend another penny with any business that is based out of colorado, nothing from me.

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-gun-control-bills-near-final-passage-080655521.html
Posted By: seacam

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 12:13 PM

Oh wow. I can't believe that. That sux!! I'm with you on it!!!!!
Posted By: Johnny Lobos

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 12:19 PM

The morning news about sums it up.

"An Un-Natural sexual can get married and smoke weed in Colorado, but gun rights getting chopped."

If you guys are going to boycott anything, you need to make it the non hunting sports. Keep in mind there are some good country folks out their and they are being driven by the major city.

The same is going to happen right here in Texas starting next governor elections. I don't think many Texans realize, all the mayors of our major cities, are pro gun control.

You guys will obey or you will go to prison. Most of you don't have the balls to fight it. You'll just become sheeple.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: hopalong
I will not spend another penny with any business that is based out of colorado, nothing from me.

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-gun-control-bills-near-final-passage-080655521.html

How does punishing a company in Colorado help anything? If you really want to protest then send some money up to those who are in office and were against this.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 12:29 PM

Quote:
You guys will obey or you will go to prison. Most of you don't have the balls to fight it. You'll just become sheeple.

You so tough!

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 12:30 PM

Just stating a fact.

Most folks put their well being even above God according to Revelation, accept the mark of the beast, and turn in their brothers. Why would I expect most people to stand fast on the Constitution?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

How does punishing a company in Colorado help anything? If you really want to protest then send some money up to those who are in office and were against this.

because colorado is a tourist destination, no money means no taxes. I lived there right in the middle of breckenridge/steamboat for 20 yrs. when the companies start seeing less income due to the bad decisions made by those in office then something will maybe get changed.

spending money on anything in the state is an endorsement for how the state is run.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 12:35 PM

Hop-A-Long is spot on
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Johnny Loco
Just stating a fact.

Most folks put their well being even above God according to Revelations, accept the mark of the beast, and turn in their brothers. Why would I expect most people to stand fast on the Constitution?

It's Revelation-singular.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 01:06 PM

My bad, I fixed it...Thanks
Posted By: txvarminter

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 01:52 PM

Yeah it kinda sucks but I've already told my Colorado Buddies I won't be seeing them for the elk hunt this year like I'd planned. Colorado is not the only state on my list. Unfortunately we are in a time in which the Large Cities make policy for others, and since I'm not interested in moving to the Large City to help vote in people who want to make a policy change that I agree with.
So the only thing that I can do is spend my money in places and with companies that are more aligned with my beliefs and try to make them stronger.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 01:56 PM

You are speaking for yourself, not me. Don't call me sheepel and as far as balls are concerned, from my experience I've found the guys that talk the most sh#t are the first ones to submit, run, or hide under the table. If I want a sermon, I'll go to church, not a hunting forum.
The morning news about sums it up.

"An Un-Natural sexual can get married and smoke weed in Colorado, but gun rights getting chopped."

If you guys are going to boycott anything, you need to make it the non hunting sports. Keep in mind there are some good country folks out their and they are being driven by the major city.

The same is going to happen right here in Texas starting next governor elections. I don't think many Texans realize, all the mayors of our major cities, are pro gun control.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 01:59 PM

x2
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 02:03 PM

I canceled a vacation to Colorado this summer. I will not spend a dime in that state if I can help it. I won't even buy Magpul again till they leave. Yes it may hurt some people, but maybe it will give those people some balls to stand up and take their state back.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 02:17 PM

I agree with you except punishing the outfitters. Obviously, they are against this legislation. Now , we need all the other businesses in Colorado that think this doesn't affect them to be against this legislation as well.
Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
I canceled a vacation to Colorado this summer. I will not spend a dime in that state if I can help it. I won't even buy Magpul again till they leave. Yes it may hurt some people, but maybe it will give those people some balls to stand up and take their state back.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 02:17 PM

I hunt Colorado & will continue to do so. Not all of CO is like I-25 and the hippy ski resort towns.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 02:29 PM

Pitchfork,

I'm happy to see your enthusiastic energy. I'll take a sermon anytime in addition to Sundays. We'll see where you stand when it comes time brother.

I'm worried about your Soul Pitchfork. flame
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 02:35 PM

I quit hunting in Colorado thirty years ago, but for different reasons. The folks in Wyoming are great and the hunting is good. So is the fishing.
Posted By: 10ring

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 02:43 PM

Just remember your $ end up going to the State of Colorado one way or another via sales tax, fuel tax, license costs etc... That state is all about money and they don't care how they get it or who gets trampled on in the process. And believe me they don't appreciate you for spending your dollars there. All they care about is how much your going to spend and how soon are you going to leave and be on your way. If something hits them in the pocketbook for a year or two they will take notice! This is coming from a Colorado Native. My family lived it for well over 50 yrs. We all left around 2001 and never looked back.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 02:56 PM

I hunt for animals and adventure-not to make a political statement. If there is an animal I want to chase or a some country want to explore in Colorado I will go there if I please.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 03:15 PM

No, you might not be going there with a firearm "when you please"...Thats the point.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 03:23 PM

Thanks for your concern Johnny.

You might want to pay attention to your tag line. Until you walk in my shoes, I'd appreciate you not telling me how I feel, what I believe in or how I'm gonna react to someone or something.
Pitchfork,

I'm happy to see your enthusiastic energy. I'll take a sermon anytime in addition to Sundays. We'll see where you stand when it comes time brother.

I'm worried about your Soul Pitchfork. flame
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 03:59 PM

Pitch, you're such a soulless predator. Are you related to a Coyote? bolt
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 04:45 PM

I like the idea of a boycott. It will make it easier to draw the good tags!
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 04:51 PM

If you do decide to cancel a previously planned trip, please take the time to let the folks in Colorado know what prompted your decision. Otherwise they may blame any decrease on the economy or just a change in people's plans.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 04:57 PM

In our case it would be to boycott a Texan with large land holdings in CO.... that makes a ton of sense. I guess we could quit going and it affect how much money eventually gets spent in the DFW area.
Posted By: fowlplayr

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 05:29 PM

For your reading pleasure... Top 100 Colorado Based Companies
Here's a short list of Colorado based companies that may hit close to home. These are in the top 50 revenue generators.

Dish Network
Coors Brewing Co and affiliates (including Keystone)
Chipotle Mexican Grill
EchoStar (satellite TV recievers)
Crocs branded shoes
Red Robin Burgers

Question - how many of you "boycotters" are going to give up your satellite TV and Keystone? popcorn

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 05:32 PM

I gave up Keystone when I quit going to College Station. I've switched to DirecTV...who needs chipotle when there's Freebirds. I ain't giving up my crocs and could go all my life without eating at Red Robin. There you have it! grin
Posted By: fowlplayr

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 05:35 PM

I have AT&T, Wally WOrld knock-off of Crocs, and Chipotle's sucks, but Keystone is gonna be hard for me to quit. peep
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: fowlplayr
For your reading pleasure... Top 100 Colorado Based Companies
Here's a short list of Colorado based companies that may hit close to home. These are in the top 50 revenue generators.

Dish Network
Coors Brewing Co and affiliates (including Keystone)
Chipotle Mexican Grill
EchoStar (satellite TV recievers)
Crocs branded shoes
Red Robin Burgers

Question - how many of you "boycotters" are going to give up your satellite TV and Keystone? popcorn

Aint no way in hell I'm giving up Keystone......or chipotle for that matter
Posted By: flyby

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 05:56 PM

Used to hunt there. Wife and I debated whether or not to retire to Colorado or Arizona in a couple of years. It won't be Colorado.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 06:37 PM

I haven't drank Keystone since middleschool.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00
I haven't drank Keystone since middleschool.

wat a sec...nevermind, that's believable.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 06:46 PM

If you really want to play this game better add all companies from California, New York, Illinois, and a bunch of smaller east coast states to your list.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 06:50 PM

Come to think of it, I just might be!
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Pitch, you're such a soulless predator. Are you related to a Coyote? bolt

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
In our case it would be to boycott a Texan with large land holdings in CO.... that makes a ton of sense. I guess we could quit going and it affect how much money eventually gets spent in the DFW area.

Well Dallas county is democratic too. I guess they're out too. AT&T, Exxon Mobile, JC Penney, Texas Instruments, etc.,etc.,etc.....

Dang sticking to all these principles is hard. grin

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 06:57 PM

Apparently I need to move from Harris Co too bang

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 07:03 PM

Yikes! I am starting a "Boycott RM" thread right away! BTW what are you a purveyor of, besides bs , so we will know what we are not supporting? grin

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 07:04 PM

rofl that's all I guess....boycott bs
Posted By: kidde

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 07:05 PM

The hard parts of this are the hunting guys who are trying to vote in more conservative people. Dallas is getting more anti everything each day, so do we concede the major Texas cities? Support those who you feel support you. With no gun people in Colorado who will be left to lead the fight?
BTW it's easy to see how these governments are going. When the redefine words like "marriage" and "drugs" the word "rights" is next on the list.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 07:15 PM

This has definitely turned into a funny thread! Thanks for the laughs guys.

On a more serious note, I think if we change the way we hunt in the state of Colorado we are giving the Liberals exactly what they want.

If we boycott hunting there and/or using outfitters etc... they have easily defeated us with this legislation. If anything we should hunt there more than we ever have to let them know we aren't going anywhere and we are going to continue to enjoy our freedom.
Posted By: Octopiston

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 07:19 PM

I guess Ft. Worth isn't major enough.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Yikes! I am starting a "Boycott RM" thread right away! BTW what are you a purveyor of, besides bs , so we will know what we are not supporting? grin

I'm starting a "Boycott NP" thread too just to be fair....we all know that attorneys invented :BS: and gun control laws grin

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 07:29 PM

smile

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/13/13 07:31 PM

Nevermind, I'd have to get a divorce if I went too far with that bang
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/15/13 02:42 AM

NEVER!
Just stating a fact.

Most folks put their well being even above God according to Revelation, accept the mark of the beast
Posted By: Temple

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/15/13 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Texan Til I Die
If you do decide to cancel a previously planned trip, please take the time to let the folks in Colorado know what prompted your decision. Otherwise they may blame any decrease on the economy or just a change in people's plans.

They will probably blame it on George Bush!
Posted By: Stub

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/15/13 12:43 PM

X2
Pitch you nailed it! Do not punish the true Americans there! Find ways to hurt the pocket book of the companies & politicians that are taking our rights & freedoms away!!!

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I agree with you except punishing the outfitters. Obviously, they are against this legislation. Now , we need all the other businesses in Colorado that think this doesn't affect them to be against this legislation as well.
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/15/13 12:46 PM

I vow to never drink another Coor's orignial again......Unless it is the last beer left.....or someone else has already paid for it without my consent because the damage was already done.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/15/13 02:18 PM

Gun based boycotts of non-gun companies have never resulted in a successful impact where the entity has changed its position in a manner positive to gun ownership. There is no indication that this one will be any more successful and no reason to believe it could be.
Posted By: cattle69

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/15/13 03:48 PM

Yep hope yall quit hunting colorado, maybe I can get drawn quicker!

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/15/13 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: cattle69
Yep hope yall quit hunting colorado, maybe I can get drawn quicker!

X2

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/15/13 09:33 PM

Hey Stub,
Sleepin in today? I heard you got clobbered by a hail storm out at Jacksboro and had to take shelter in your deer blind!
Originally Posted By: Stub
X2
Pitch you nailed it! Do not punish the true Americans there! Find ways to hurt the pocket book of the companies & politicians that are taking our rights & freedoms away!!!

Posted By: cowboyway

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/16/13 05:52 AM

I have family in Colorado. There is nothing those people would enjoy more than seeing fewer texans in their state.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/16/13 07:13 AM

I have too much invested to throw it all away. All game combined I have 20 preference points in CO. But what I will probably do is not buy preference points in CO for this year to make a statement and send a couple letters or three to let some lawmakers there know why.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/16/13 01:25 PM

Sorry, but if I get a chance to go back to Platoro for trout fishing, I will. The owners of Skyline lodge are great people and avid outdoorsmen.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/16/13 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: cowboyway
I have family in Colorado. There is nothing those people would enjoy more than seeing fewer texans in their state.

You know, I hear that all the time and I am sick of it. Two points:

1)It's not "their" state. This is the United States of America and I can go where I please and as a U.S. taxpayer I am part owner in about 80% of "their" state.

2)A huge percentage of people there make their living off tourism in some form and gladly take my money when I go there-at stupid prices in most places. All the while whining about all these Texans.

Sorry Coloradans, if you want to get away from Texans move to Canada...

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/16/13 03:53 PM

x2

Knowing this, I'll have to plan a trip their soon!

1)It's not "their" state. This is the United States of America and I can go where I please and as a U.S. taxpayer I am part owner in about 80% of "their" state.

2)A huge percentage of people there make their living off tourism in some form and gladly take my money when I go there-at stupid prices in most places. All the while whining about all these Texans.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/16/13 05:06 PM

Hey Stub,
Sleepin in today? I heard you got clobbered by a hail storm out at Jacksboro and had to take shelter in your deer blind!
Originally Posted By: Stub
X2

Stub is back out there today. No internet access.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/16/13 05:09 PM

I'll second that. I've never experianced such rude behavior as I have when in Colorado. Once they realize your from Texas. They speak with a funny accent up there, if you don't sound like they do they treat you like shiite. mad

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/16/13 06:00 PM

A lot of them do have a hate on for Texans, but I've never had an issue with any of them out on the mountain I've talked to. Probably bc they weren't really from around there either. The trend where we hunt is the area is considered trophy units and even the folks who live there have to wait a while to hunt deer they consider theirs. They even want to kill the landowner voucher program so they can get more tags in the draw for them and bc a Texan gets about 3/4 of the landowner tags in the draw bc he's broken up his landholdings to qualify for more. I am proud to say I didn't have to MF anyone last year...so maybe that's an improvement

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/17/13 06:31 AM

It's getting like that all over and things will get worse. Take New Mexico's Valles Caldera draw. Cow hunts used to be available to non residents. No longer, only residents can apply. The bull and either sex hunts they now apply the state's quota system same as the general draw. But what many don't realize is this made it impossible for a self guided non resident to obtain a permit. There are only 10 to 15 permits per each hunt segment and each is a separate draw. Only 6% of permits can go to non residents who do not hire an outfitter. 6% of 15 is .9 so less than one. It is impossible to obtain a permit if your self guided. Only 10% can go to non residents with an outfitter, so only one non resident can draw per hunt. They state of New Mexico pretty much shut us out of this public draw hunt. This was verified in an email today from Valles Caldera answering my questions about it.
After several years of applying there, it is now deleted off my spreadsheet.

Why we continue to let non residents pay the same miniscule application fee to draw our public hunts and then pay the same permit fee as we pay is beyond me. Yet most of those other states continue to raise non resident permit and license fees or cut us out all together like they did with the Valles Caldera Hunt.
Posted By: Creek Henry

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/18/13 04:16 PM

So, what laws would the CO legislature have to pass to get every hunter to boycott the state? Total gun confiscation would do it, but what else?

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/18/13 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Creek Henry
So, what laws would the CO legislature have to pass to get every hunter to boycott the state? Total gun confiscation would do it, but what else?

as stated before, the outdoorsmen of colorado don't like the laws anymore than you or I. If we drop colorado from our outdoor recreation, then the anti's are just getting what they want.

There are alot of states with alot stricter gun laws(ohio,indiana and illinois) that hunters,including alot on here, flock too.

its stupid to boycott colorado as a hunting state because they want to limit mag capacity to 15 rounds.
Posted By: Creek Henry

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/18/13 06:57 PM

I concede your point. I actually don't own a gun that holds that many rounds! As a hunter, that would do me no good. I think the antis are getting what they want just the same though.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/19/13 03:12 AM

x2
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: Creek Henry

as stated before, the outdoorsmen of colorado don't like the laws anymore than you or I. If we drop colorado from our outdoor recreation, then the anti's are just getting what they want.

There are alot of states with alot stricter gun laws(ohio,indiana and illinois) that hunters,including alot on here, flock too.

its stupid to boycott colorado as a hunting state because they want to limit mag capacity to 15 rounds.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/19/13 04:53 AM

Man I wish points were transferable...I'd offer the boycotters $100/pt.
Posted By: mideon2000

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/19/13 07:11 PM

You can call me a sheeple, i don't care. Ill follow the law. When people start hitting deer and hogs start uprooting their lawns im sure things will change.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/19/13 09:32 PM

The voters in Colorado put the folks in office that want these restrictions. There is no having this thing both ways. If people continue to support Colorado business from outside Colorado, the libs win because it shows them there are no consequences to these useless, "feel good" laws.

Follow an ineffective law and support the people that put it in place, then you are supporting their cause.

Just like they want you to.

Posted By: syncerus

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/19/13 09:54 PM

At the end of the day, I'd rather give money to friends than enemies.
Posted By: AGaddy

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/19/13 10:07 PM

yep

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/20/13 02:17 AM

I'll continue to support the VOTERS IN COLORADO THAT DIDN'T VOTE FOR THE FOLKS IN OFFICE THAT WANT THESE RESTRICTIONS AND THE BUSINESSES IN COLORADO THAT DIDN'T VOTE FOR THESE FOLKS EITHER! I wont' support the voters in Colorado that did vote these folks in office or the businesses that did. I can and will have it both ways!
Originally Posted By: tth_40
The voters in Colorado put the folks in office that want these restrictions. There is no having this thing both ways. If people continue to support Colorado business from outside Colorado, the libs win because it shows them there are no consequences to these useless, "feel good" laws.

Follow an ineffective law and support the people that put it in place, then you are supporting their cause.

Just like they want you to.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/20/13 02:28 AM

Texas is missing a huge revenue opportunity... Just look at the revenue oklahoma gets from the life time hunts.... Huge!!!

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
It's getting like that all over and things will get worse. Take New Mexico's Valles Caldera draw. Cow hunts used to be available to non residents. No longer, only residents can apply. The bull and either sex hunts they now apply the state's quota system same as the general draw. But what many don't realize is this made it impossible for a self guided non resident to obtain a permit. There are only 10 to 15 permits per each hunt segment and each is a separate draw. Only 6% of permits can go to non residents who do not hire an outfitter. 6% of 15 is .9 so less than one. It is impossible to obtain a permit if your self guided. Only 10% can go to non residents with an outfitter, so only one non resident can draw per hunt. They state of New Mexico pretty much shut us out of this public draw hunt. This was verified in an email today from Valles Caldera answering my questions about it.
After several years of applying there, it is now deleted off my spreadsheet.

Why we continue to let non residents pay the same miniscule application fee to draw our public hunts and then pay the same permit fee as we pay is beyond me. Yet most of those other states continue to raise non resident permit and license fees or cut us out all together like they did with the Valles Caldera Hunt.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/20/13 02:40 AM

FYI on the Valles Caldera Hunts. I was given the wrong information originally. After having an email dialog with the Exective Director at Valles Caldera I was told that they are rounding up the .9 percent to one permit. So for each of the draw hunts, there is one self guided non resident permit allowed per hunt. They did not want to apply the state quota to the hunts and did fight it, but lost out.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/20/13 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
FYI on the Valles Caldera Hunts. I was given the wrong information originally. After having an email dialog with the Exective Director at Valles Caldera I was told that they are rounding up the .9 percent to one permit. So for each of the draw hunts, there is one self guided non resident permit allowed per hunt. They did not want to apply the state quota to the hunts and did fight it, but lost out.

I put in for ML unit 17 this year. Non outfitter pool.
Since barneywho can draw the gila two years in a row, there is hope
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 03:05 AM

I for one will boycot Colorado. I can tell you I have family there and deep roots However Money talks or the lack of same!!!. You'll be surprized how quickly a higly commited liberal will change his deep seated beliefs when he sees his wealth deminish. I'm sorry for the outfitters who I agree are like us however this is bigger than a few outfiiters we spend large sums of money that does not go directly to the outfitters. Such as Hotels, resturants, camp grounds, gas stations, ammo, supplies etc.
Many of the idiots who are in the democratic majority in Colorado will feel the financial pain or their constituents will and the [censored] will hit the fan. Dont hunt, Dont ski, dont visit Colorado until they stop violating our fellow americans constitutional right. We must help them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 04:39 AM

Hunters boycotting CO is a complete waste of time. I bet in tourism dollars, hunters account for $1 for every $500 spent on skiing tourists.

You don't agree with their laws, fine. That is your right.

Keep in mind before you judge them.... This state was the victim of two of the most heinous shooting spree's in modern history. Columbine and the movie theater. They are sensitive, and rightly so.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 12:36 PM

A large part of that area used to be part of The Republic of Texas. My brother in law lives in Loveland. I love jerking his chain and saying I'm going to visit him in North Texas.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 01:22 PM

I have thought about going somewhere else for vacation this summer. I would just really miss fly fishing up there.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 02:17 PM

It might surprize you cowboy that many hunters are skiers and everyone who thinks our constitution including skiers needs to be honored and protected must not feed the enemy. We need to help my family in Colorado make this decision by these liberals a major error. Folks continuing to go to Colorado and acting like nothing is wrong is not the way to impact this terribe situation. There was a time when folks from other states came to the aide of Texas and now is the time to do as Crocket, TN, Bowie, KY, Cochran, NH, Stockton NJ, Travis, SC, to name a few. I can assure the folks in Colorado want and need this help.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 02:40 PM

So we should go to CO? As long as O&G exploration is booming in Colorado the state won't miss much of our tax $, you're just hurting the small town mom & pop places off the beaten path.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 04:15 PM

I am going to keep going to CO because I like it. Oh, and if there's something in CA or NY I want to check out I will go there too. Boycotting places or businesses that haven't personally done me wrong is just too hard to keep up with. I'll bet a huge % of the companies that are engaged in commerce have done some stuff I disagree with-but who's got time to keep up with the scorecard?

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 06:30 PM

"Yeah, let me help you even though you voted against this, by putting you out of business, because this is what's best for you in the grand scheme of things."

I'm out on this pea brain logic. That's easy for you to type on your keyboard when you are not the one being put out of business.

Originally Posted By: Flashprism
I for one will boycot Colorado. I can tell you I have family there and deep roots However Money talks or the lack of same!!!. You'll be surprized how quickly a higly commited liberal will change his deep seated beliefs when he sees his wealth deminish. I'm sorry for the outfitters who I agree are like us however this is bigger than a few outfiiters we spend large sums of money that does not go directly to the outfitters. Such as Hotels, resturants, camp grounds, gas stations, ammo, supplies etc.
Many of the idiots who are in the democratic majority in Colorado will feel the financial pain or their constituents will and the [censored] will hit the fan. Dont hunt, Dont ski, dont visit Colorado until they stop violating our fellow americans constitutional right. We must help them!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: BenBob

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 07:31 PM

Not any more.
Posted By: 30378

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 09:44 PM

I will do no business with Colorado, California, Illinois or New York.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 10:01 PM

I read that the Outdoor Channel is also leaving Colorado.
http://thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/outdoor-channel-leaving-colorado/
Posted By: Monster_Raxx

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 10:04 PM

Wtf does this have to do with hunting? If I get the chance to hunt in Colorado I will.
Posted By: aeb

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/25/13 10:07 PM

Have to be careful who you boycott up there. Most of them are Texans!
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/26/13 02:44 AM

I don't think denying yourself a hunt is going to really make things change is CO. Like someone else said, you need to know who in CO fought to kill the bill, and send money to their campaign to get them re-elected. Also send money to the folks running against those that voted for the legislation.

In the mean time, get a huge arse RV air lifted into the Troublesomes (can't drive a motorized vehical into the area), but have its horn modified. When you press it, it should play, "The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You!"

Honk that dam horn each and every morning when you wake up, so every outfitter in the area knows a crazy Texan is in the area!

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/26/13 04:10 AM

. There was a time when folks from other states came to the aide of Texas and now is the time to do as Crocket, TN, Bowie, KY, Cochran, NH, Stockton NJ, Travis, SC, to name a few. I can assure the folks in Colorado want and need this help.

You are seriously comparing an invasion of Mexican forces to being able to carry an extra 15 rounds in a gun? This is asinine.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/26/13 05:31 PM

Not to argue with my fellow Texans but you are missing the Point and the terrible impact this law is having on our fellow gun owners in CO. Based on the current law all magazines that have a detachable base are out lawed as these can be modified to add additional rounds. This IS BASICALLY ALL magazines You cannot leave a gun to your son and or family member without a back ground check. You will be arrested if caught letting someone at the range you know use your weapon with out a back ground check. I can no longer give my GRANDSONS any of MY FIREARMS OR GIFTS OF FIREARMS.
Having a state like Colorado trample the constitution is just the start. This is why we need to help our brothers, my grand children there by making the politicians there know this is an important issue and there are consequences. To me taking away 2nd amendment rights form any american especially my grand children is as bad as a mexican invasion.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/26/13 06:42 PM

There were three laws that passed.

1. No more high capacity mags (which is silly because the ones that are already out there get grandfathered in, so even if you get caught with them, all you have to say is, "I bought these in 2008" End of stor)

2. Universal Background checks. I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't mind UBC's. I want to know who is buying guns, and if they are mentally fit to do so. If we could start to agree on this issue, it could go a long way in stopping nutjobs who commit crimes from accessing weapons. I don't get involved in illegal activities. I don't mind if the govt wants to check up on me. I just don't care. If it means my kids, or your kids are just a little safer at school, I'm willing to put up with the inconveniance.

3. Charged the 10 bucks for these background checks to the people buying the guns.

Three things. I don't know where you get the rest of your facts. Are they made up? Did you see it on FoxNews or something? They simply aren't law in Colorado.

Furthermore...80% of Coloradoans approve the universal background checks. 80% !!!! You can't get 80% of people to agree on anything, but 80% there approve background checks? So what exactly are you going to make the politicians learn about their consequences for backing this bill? That they are doing what the overwhelming majority of the state's citizens want?

Nobody is taking away your 2nd ammendment rights. Nobody. You simply have to understand that.

States rights. The majority of the people wanted these laws, and now they got them. It is their right to do so.

To compare that to a mexican invasion is.......well, I don't even have words to describe it.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/26/13 07:04 PM

To compare that to a mexican invasion is.......well, I don't even have words to describe it.

There was no Mexican invasion. Tejas was part of Mexico at the time.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/26/13 07:49 PM

It's obvious I have a different prospective on the seriousness of this legislative action and what it means to my family and fellow Americans rights. Back ground checks the way they are currently defined will lead to registration and the goverment will know what you own when the time comes to confiscate them. The following is a concern about the current law as it can make all magazines illegal that have a removeable base and most all do!!!

"By its terms, the law does make illegal any magazine manufactured or purchased after July 1, 2013, that is capable of accepting, or is designed to be readily converted to accept more than 15 rounds of ammunition." Most can be modified with removing the base.

I am not sure of your facts that may come from MSNBC as to 80% of the population wanting back ground checks. I do know that 100 % of the people I know in Colorado did not vote for the people now in power and I further know that all the folks I know are terribly upset about this law specifically and all are all planning a major action of Civil disobediance in April where thousands of gun owners are planing to bring 30 round magazines to Aurora and pass them arround to each other which is a violation of the law. Expectation is that they will be arrested and flood the courts.

I can understand that a lot of folks have no concern about the goverment either the states or federal limiting "the right of the citizens to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". However it is logical to me that regardless of what the majority think and I'm not sure there is a majority, that limiting the amount of rounds in a magazine is an infringe and is NOT constitutional. Enough said. I hope enough folks feel the way I do and we who cherish our 2nd amendment rights can and will be able to stop any reduction in these rights.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 03/27/13 07:11 PM

I am not sure of your facts that may come from MSNBC as to 80% of the population wanting back ground checks.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/ci_228...s#axzz2OljlD5Bi

And here...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_22411498/poll-gun-legislation-coloradans-views-change-since-september

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 04/05/13 06:13 PM

Well.....so much for sending them a message.....

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/loc...wildfire-system

Hunter's applications 'overwhelm' Colorado Parks and Wildlife system
Video Photos

Lindsey Sablan | Email Me

DENVER - Hunters applying for a limited number of big game licenses in Colorado overwhelmed the system on Monday night, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

"There were so many people applying to hunt in Colorado that it overwhelmed the bank's credit card system last night," said spokesperson Randy Hampton.

Tuesday at midnight is the deadline to apply for a fall license to hunt deer, elk, pronghorn, moose, sheep, goat and black bear.

"There's so many people who want to hunt here because we have the big game resources," Hampton said.

7NEWS stopped by the Denver office Tuesday and found a line of people waiting to file applications. A room nicknamed the "trip room" is where hunters can go to get assistance in applications. It's been open for two weeks leading up to Tuesday's deadline, but the number of visitors jumped Monday.

Hampton said CPAW has received letters from hunters who say they've hunted in Colorado for years and won't come back because of the recent change in state gun laws. However, when he looked up one of those writers, he found the man only had a hunting license in Colorado once.

Hampton said the new gun laws didn't affect Colorado's hunting regulations.

"Limited licenses won't tell us much," Hampton explained. "The real test of whether hunters are boycotting Colorado will come in the fall when hunters typically buy over-the-counter licenses."

Meanwhile, the Vice President of the Colorado Outfitters Association Chris Jurney said his organization has already seen an impact and expects it will only increase.

"Interestingly enough, we got an email yesterday from a Colorado resident that said he will no longer be hunting in Colorado, he's going to go to Wyoming or Montana," Jurney said. "What's happening is people aren't calling. People aren't looking to book a hunt because of what's happened."

Jurney shared One of those emails with 7NEWS. It is reprinted here verbatim, without corrections to spelling or style:

I saw your ph conversation on Cam&Co. Felt compelled to send this message. Please understand that you have my permission to foreward to any org that might be able to point out the economic impact the new laws WILL have on the beautiful state of Colorado.I have hunted big game in CO as a non-resident approx 90% of years since 1978. Myself and other hunters have recently decided that we will not choose to return to CO this coming season. Total # of hunters involved in our party includes 4-10 hunters. Although we hunt in a "do it on our own" hunt, the $$$ spent in the state add up to a sizeable amount to us, at least.

Jurney said the majority of emails and phone calls they've received are from out-of-state. Hampton said 70 percent of the budget for wildlife management is from non-resident license fee

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 04/05/13 06:34 PM

That article is a little confusing because what it doesnt say is 90% of people appling for limited draw units are doing so just for PP's, and if you where a middle % PP holder, this would be the year that you thought you might be able to sneak on in do to your thought of every one boycotting.

CO's big money makers are OTC licenses(via volume) and land owner tags(the big $$$$)

Well.....so much for sending them a message.....

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/loc...wildfire-system

Hunter's applications 'overwhelm' Colorado Parks and Wildlife system
Video Photos

Lindsey Sablan | Email Me

DENVER - Hunters applying for a limited number of big game licenses in Colorado overwhelmed the system on Monday night, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

"There were so many people applying to hunt in Colorado that it overwhelmed the bank's credit card system last night," said spokesperson Randy Hampton.

Tuesday at midnight is the deadline to apply for a fall license to hunt deer, elk, pronghorn, moose, sheep, goat and black bear.

"There's so many people who want to hunt here because we have the big game resources," Hampton said.

7NEWS stopped by the Denver office Tuesday and found a line of people waiting to file applications. A room nicknamed the "trip room" is where hunters can go to get assistance in applications. It's been open for two weeks leading up to Tuesday's deadline, but the number of visitors jumped Monday.

Hampton said CPAW has received letters from hunters who say they've hunted in Colorado for years and won't come back because of the recent change in state gun laws. However, when he looked up one of those writers, he found the man only had a hunting license in Colorado once.

Hampton said the new gun laws didn't affect Colorado's hunting regulations.

"Limited licenses won't tell us much," Hampton explained. "The real test of whether hunters are boycotting Colorado will come in the fall when hunters typically buy over-the-counter licenses."

Meanwhile, the Vice President of the Colorado Outfitters Association Chris Jurney said his organization has already seen an impact and expects it will only increase.

"Interestingly enough, we got an email yesterday from a Colorado resident that said he will no longer be hunting in Colorado, he's going to go to Wyoming or Montana," Jurney said. "What's happening is people aren't calling. People aren't looking to book a hunt because of what's happened."

Jurney shared One of those emails with 7NEWS. It is reprinted here verbatim, without corrections to spelling or style:

I saw your ph conversation on Cam&Co. Felt compelled to send this message. Please understand that you have my permission to foreward to any org that might be able to point out the economic impact the new laws WILL have on the beautiful state of Colorado.I have hunted big game in CO as a non-resident approx 90% of years since 1978. Myself and other hunters have recently decided that we will not choose to return to CO this coming season. Total # of hunters involved in our party includes 4-10 hunters. Although we hunt in a "do it on our own" hunt, the $$$ spent in the state add up to a sizeable amount to us, at least.

Jurney said the majority of emails and phone calls they've received are from out-of-state. Hampton said 70 percent of the budget for wildlife management is from non-resident license fee

Posted By: jefeh

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 04/05/13 08:23 PM

I live in CO and the new laws are terrible. The lines for the licenses are residents, as most of us wait to give the state our money. We have to pay full price for licenses when applying and if you add up moose/goat/bighorn/elk/speedgoat/deer/bear its $1000. I'm not giving them my money a day more than I have to.

I plan on changing my residency to Wyoming as soon as possible. Better hunting opportunities and the state will stay conservative. I have given up on Colorado. I can assure you, in the conservative circles its the Californians that are hated, not texans, as they are the ones that ruined Colorado. There is no reclaiming the state as the conservative population does not control Denver, pueblo, boulder and that is where the majority of the population live. We are barely holding onto the Springs. There was an incredible influx of money from outside of Colorado that bought the dems Colorado. It is a plan that the dems plan on using to take other states.
On a good note, the majority of the sheriffs have said they will not enforce the new gun laws. The rural areas have stayed true to their western ways- gun ownership is a right and hunting is a way of life. So please still support the outfitters if you are coming here to hunt. If you have come in the past to vacation or hunt and are not coming due to the gun laws. Send a letter with a photocopy of your hunting license or ski pass saying why you won't be coming. They may listen if they know its people that have spent money here in the past.
Posted By: wfhunter

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 04/06/13 11:56 PM

My money is mine to choose how and where I spend it. Any business, anywhere, even in Texas, or certain states that pass laws, or have beliefs which do not align to my beliefs on the 2nd amendment will not get my money. DC, California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey , Colorado and Connecticut will not get any money from my business. I spend a lot of money on-line. When I see what I am looking for is located in one of these states, I move on. The people of these states DO CHOOSE their path, not me. As for Colorado, the conservatives let the liberals from California take over their state. As for the two shooting in Colorado. The new laws will do nothing to stop this type of shooting, or gun violence. You must be insane if you think that boycotting, or not spending money in these states has no effect. If everyone with our 2nd amendment views and dedication to this view, tomorrow quit going to Colorado, on vacation, hunting, or doing business. The results would be far reaching financially. It may not change anything there, if the liberals stay in power, but it will help the states that have our views and beliefs in line with us. The bottom line is the citizens of Colorado have to make a difference, if they want change. The liberals won this time. My money will not cross that border.
Posted By: Minotphil

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them - 04/08/13 01:18 AM

I am not sure of your facts that may come from MSNBC as to 80% of the population wanting back ground checks.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/ci_228...s#axzz2OljlD5Bi

And here...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_22411498/poll-gun-legislation-coloradans-views-change-since-september

Why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

"A CBS News survey released earlier this week indicated a 10-point drop in the public backing of stricter gun laws, from 57% immediately after the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, in December when a heavily armed gunman killed 20 young students and six adults, to 47% now.

That poll was in line with a CNN/ORC International survey released last week that indicated a nine-point drop in the percentage of Americans who favor major restrictions on guns or an outright ban on gun ownership, from 52% following the shootings to 43%."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/27/politics/gun-control-polls
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum