Texas Hunting Forum

Open Challenge to ALL THF Members

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 05:11 PM

I am going to give away a Sako Rifle, a Beretta Shotgun, a Kimber 1911 Pistol, and a Bush Monkey Knife. I am going to have a drawing in Dec of 2013 to give these away. All you have to do to be entered in the drawing is you have to take a Military Member, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighter or, EMT hunting. Now this has to be a person that is either new to hunting or at least new to you. Taking your buddies that you hunt with all the time does not count.

I have taken a couple of these guys hunting and I know that several others on here have done the same. I think it is the most rewarding hunt you can do. So to sweeten the pot I will give those guns away to encourage you to give it a whirl.

All you have to do is post a picture on the THF Photo Section and shoot me a PM after the hunt. We will draw names out of the hat and give the prizes away around Christmas time 2013.

You can take a guy on a hog hunt, deer hunt, duck hunt, goose hunt, or any kind of hunt. I want to see smiles in the picture and fellowship past on....

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!!
Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 05:16 PM

up
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: DiverTexas
up
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 05:21 PM

awesome
Posted By: duckiller

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 05:32 PM

Very cool offer! I will be on the look out for a service member that wants to go on a hunt.
Posted By: BMD

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 05:44 PM

up
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 06:07 PM

Well done brother, outstanding way to help our veterans!!!!!
Posted By: Humannpower

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 06:32 PM

If a military member is a family member are you still eligible. Also if you have two family members that are in the military are you entered twice? Both are my younger brothers who have never hunted before.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 07:17 PM

Great challenge!!
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 07:33 PM

Awesome up
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 08:04 PM

I'm a Fireman and a Paramedic. I've never been duck or goose hunting. Anyone want to take me? grin
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 08:06 PM

thats a good challenge.

Let me see what I can round up
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 08:41 PM

Ill be entering for sure, can i do multiples ???

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 09:01 PM

I think it is great that you take multiple guys...

Let me think about if you can enter multiple times.
Posted By: Rob M

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 09:03 PM

Awesome give away, Nathan!
Posted By: THEBBC

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 09:08 PM

total stud, this guy
Posted By: Hogkellum

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 09:58 PM

Well let's go I can take someone on a hog hunt in E Texas just outside of Wolf City give me a PM and we can set it up. I have feeders with lights tree stands ground blinds tripods and one nice heated blind. Hey Nathan awesome idea couldn't think of a better way to show our appreciation for those who serve....
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
I'm a Fireman and a Paramedic. I've never been duck or goose hunting. Anyone want to take me? grin

I told you we need to go, you'll be hooked
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 10:29 PM

that's awesome.
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 10:38 PM

If any military or first responders want to go on a hunt, shoot me a pm. I'll take you on a varmint hunt anytime, or if you want to wait I'll take you on a dove or duck hunt this fall. We have about 1500 acres near Hagerman in Grayson County. There is a good mix of ag production, woods and grassland. We have about 20 ponds. The dove and duck hunting is usually great. Coyote and hog hunting is hit or miss.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Ramball36
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

I told you we need to go, you'll be hooked

I could see me getting hooked on goose hunting, but I've been cold and wet enough times to know I hate it. Now what?
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 10:57 PM

I have a general concencus I have a predator problem and and need some help. Just picked up a fox pro and welcome any vet to give me a ring and let's make a weekend out it.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 11:05 PM

Love it. Give back to those who give so much.
Posted By: gooseslayer

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 11:19 PM

Fireman Goose hunting is so much fun..once you do it you will get hooked!! I.did it in North Dakota and was amazing just trying to do one hog hunt around San Antonio willing to drive alittle but there is nothing down here just want to fill the freezer!
Posted By: ernamal

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 11:30 PM

awesome contest...if theres anyone near the Ft. hood area who needs someone to get into this entry PM me grin .
Posted By: rangerk9

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 11:34 PM

WTG Nathan! We all thank you for your tremendous efforts and Servant Heart.

Rex
Posted By: themoonrulz

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/26/13 11:51 PM

Awesome contest!
Posted By: Chris2713

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 12:07 AM

I'm an NCO on ft hood. I don't expect anyone to take me on a hunt but I do have soldiers that don't have access to weapons or anything at all. Now we don't get a lot of time off and won't be able to take time off for a hunt but if anyone has a hunt close to ft hood that would like to take some lower enlisted soldiers it would be a good outlet for some of them on a weekend. If anyone has anything just shoot me a pm I'm positive I can find soldiers for you. Nathan your an awesome guy and glad people are still helping us out. Thank you to all of you.

-Chris
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 12:21 AM

I'm not going to compete in the contest but I have a couple of opening this fall, I've got them covered for everything they need all they have to do is get out to West TX for a couple of days I'll take care of the rest. I've got a couple of bucks with their name on them.
Posted By: floresrsr

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris2713
I'm an NCO on ft hood. I don't expect anyone to take me on a hunt but I do have soldiers that don't have access to weapons or anything at all. Now we don't get a lot of time off and won't be able to take time off for a hunt but if anyone has a hunt close to ft hood that would like to take some lower enlisted soldiers it would be a good outlet for some of them on a weekend. If anyone has anything just shoot me a pm I'm positive I can find soldiers for you. Nathan your an awesome guy and glad people are still helping us out. Thank you to all of you.

-Chris

An NCO taking care of his soldiers. HOOAH!
Posted By: floresrsr

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 12:29 AM

Thanks Nathan. What a magnificent thing you are doing.
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 12:55 AM

Chris , send me your contact info. I hunt close to fort Hood. MichaelcSavoy@Gmail.com

Nathan , put me down to help.
Posted By: Kentucky_Windage

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 01:01 AM

Jorge -- Sign me up. PM sent.
Posted By: Inky Doc

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: floresrsr
Originally Posted By: Chris2713

-Chris

An NCO taking care of his soldiers. HOOAH!

My thoughts exactly. Glad to see the tradition is being carried on.
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 02:08 AM

Nathan, clear out a few messages and shoot me one. I have a proposal to put a few things together and was wondering if you could assist.
Posted By: shaggysnack

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 02:47 AM

Outstanding. There are alot of military, current and former, that will really appreciate this. Great Work!!
Posted By: Scoop

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 03:26 AM

That is an awesome offer. My son is heading to Africa today for another tour, so this hits home.

I had a THF soldier and his service buddy out to help me with a well on my place last month. I can give them an A+ reference for anyone in the San Angelo/ Central Texas area that could share a hunting opportunity with them.

I'm already planning on extending a few soldier invites for turkey season. Actually pm'd one right before I saw this post. I feel I am already blessed, so I'll gladly let the soldiers themselves be the entered parties...
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 04:56 AM

up flag
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 01:58 PM

I am a Veteran. Someone can take me Axis, Blackbuck or Auodad hunting flag I promise to smile for the pics!

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 02:00 PM

I would even recip. with a low fence, fair chase whitetail hunt in Collin or Fannin County.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 02:18 PM

Usually donate a couple hog hunts for auction to Wounded warriors fund raiser will try to do a hog or turkey hunt this spring for an active service person or two as well. Already have a turkey hunt with a new hunter planned.

If a first responder or someone in service wants a turkey hunt let me know, if the turkeys are not behaving we will turn it into a hog hunt in Eastland county.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 02:19 PM

With all joking a side, if a professional varmit caller wants to bring out a Veteran for free, I have places in Fannin county Texas and Carter county Oklahoma that have never been called. I would offer them up for a one time hunt.
Posted By: tjhook

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 03:37 PM

Im a vet and love to hunt... but anyway varmit caller.... i have a good friend that is on the fox pro tv shows..... prolly get a hunt inline for a vet at pitt states property's prolly get it aired... ill try to get in contact lets get the vet lined up... ill need contact info for you pittstate and some pics.... how did you get the name pittstate anyway
Posted By: kury

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 04:20 PM

Hey everyone. I am an avid hunter and also a wounded vet. With appointments and everything going on in my life I haven't been able to hunt as much as I would like to. I have always wanted to go hunt for axis or mule deer also duck and geese. with this I feel that that goal could actually happen. If not this is an amazing thing that all of you are doing. I don't wanna go into details about my disabilities but they have prevented me from doing what I love to do. I have only been whitetail hunting and would enjoy something different. Thank every one of y'all for doing this and giving vets the opportunity to do something that they haven't gotten to do. By seeing the support gives vets like myself a reason to live. Thank you all
Posted By: bluelund79

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 06:50 PM

Nate, nothing but awesomeness comes from you. May the Good Man above continue to bless you and your family~!
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 07:17 PM

Last time I went hunting with a LEO, we almost went to jail.

just saying.

lol. really did happen though.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: timbertoes
Last time I went hunting with a LEO, we almost went to jail.

just saying.

lol. really did happen though.

That sounds like a story that we need a little more detail on...
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 07:25 PM

Nate - shoot me a PM when you get your box cleared out. I'd like to talk to you about expanding on your facebook page and build you an actual website for the cause.

Brett

Also - if there is someone who doesn't know any firefighters, you may enjoy taking a trip up to your local fire station and getting a tour as well as make your free hunt offer to the guys on shift. You may be hard pressed to find many that are looking for a reward for their service and jumping to throw their name on a list for a free hunt.
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: elkhunter49
Posted By: darrack

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 08:32 PM

Nate posted up Pics of the hunt. Pm box is full maybe its a sign, i didnt expect to get anything in return but saw your post. great idea and wish i could take everyone on here hunting it such a passion of mine but i own no land so if anyone needs help guiding or quartering or just to hang out and help around camp on some of these hunts im in to help let me know.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 09:43 PM

X2
Posted By: Kae006

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 10:16 PM

Too cool. I'm not a wounded vet or anything near as deserving as that but I am active law enforcement. If anyone has a hog or varmint hunt I have plenty of built up vacation time!
Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/27/13 11:37 PM

Wow what an awesome contest. I'm a fireman in the dfw area. Live in north Fort Worth. I'd love to go on a spring turkey hunt or hog hunt. I have also never been goose hunting but really want to. I've been duck hunting several years now and love it, but am entirely self taught.
Posted By: Paul Sonnier

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 01:12 AM

My hat's off to you Sir... what a generous offer....
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 01:19 AM

up flag
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 01:48 AM

I know some of my soldiers would love to hunt. Only problem is we are going out of state for two weeks starting sunday when we get back we go on leave and then soon after deploy so there is not much time between now and when we leave. Most my guys are going home for leave so they won't be around.

Nathan great thing u are doing.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 01:57 AM

As I posted in the varmint section, I have access to a couple places in Fannin county that have yotes and one of them I got lots of bobcats pics. The only catch is that we must pic a veteran to hunt and there can't be any video. I would like for a guide to offer up there services to call them in. I am by no means an expert caller.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Pittstate
With all joking a side, if a professional varmit caller wants to bring out a Veteran for free, I have places in Fannin county Texas and Carter county Oklahoma that have never been called. I would offer them up for a one time hunt.

I'm your huckleberry.

I'm not a pro varmint caller, but I've done it for the last 16 years. I can put lead on fur, or hide, very far out. That goes for anyone else that wants a Fireman (plus one more maybe) to come out and rid the territory of a few undesireable creatures.

But put me on the list below our solidiers.
Posted By: hully1029

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 01:45 PM

Hello everyone, this is my first post on THF. Im a very active member with Texasbowhunter.com.. i dont know if thats going to raise or lower my style points..haha. I seen the HWOH on Facebook and decided to make myself known on here. I am currently a police officer in a small municipality in north central texas. Avid hunter and fisherman. Have a 3 year old son, ironically named Hunter, and have a little girl on the way. Dont have much time to get away, but would love the opportunity to hunt/fish anywhere, anytime. Thanks to the members of THF and HWOH for what yall are doing!!

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 01:46 PM

If anyone wants to put a guy on a hog between the 1 to 9 of April i have a man who is a disabled vet that would love to go.....he will be the only shooter....say a 2 hr maybe 3 from fort worth...he is my step father will be in town for those days
Posted By: AFghost83

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 05:28 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and pretty new to hunting. I'm active duty Air Force ( going on 11yrs). I've only been hunting a hand full of times and just this year I got my first doe ever and thanks to "Hunt with our Heroes" I got my first hog ever this past weekend. I have to tell ya it was pretty exciting. My wife went hunting last year while I was stuck at work and tagged an 8 pt that is now hanging on our wall in the living room....I'm happy for her but can't let the embarrassment of being beat go on. My next goal is to try and hunt something with horns that I can hang next to hers.
Does anyone have any advice or tips or heck even any educational books/magazines that I could read that would make me a better hunter. I've never gutted anything and feel that is pretty important to know how to do. Please help! This forum rocks! Thanks!

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 07:14 PM

A subscription to Field and Stream and OutdoorLife has seriously educated me. Every year there are tons of lessons to learn on anything you can hunt or catch in the water. They typically publish the month's magazine focusing mainly on what the following season is. Meaning in September they start archery deer, rifle deer all though winter then January or February brings predator hunting ect.

There is information on the web for processing deer bu th best way to leaarn is hands on froma veteran hunter. I had a man that's 63 and been huntin his whole life give me a very good education on processing deer.
Posted By: AFghost83

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 08:37 PM

That's a start, Thanks brother!
Posted By: gooseslayer

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/28/13 11:38 PM

I just want to know where I can kill a pig around San Antonio or about two hours away?? I am military but will pay as well Nathan thanks for all your doing!
Posted By: n-all

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/01/13 01:12 AM

Wow..good stuff guys..
Posted By: kamolaw

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/01/13 03:28 PM

Nathan thanks...what an excellent offer to provide hunts for our military and public service folks. And thanks to the ones making the hunts possible. Now more than ever our military needs to know that we are behind them and grateful for their service to our country. Thanks again Nathan, I am gonna have to hunt with you some day, for the honor to share a hunt with a helluva fella. flag
Posted By: DonPablo

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/01/13 09:12 PM

I started hunting with a veteran this past fall but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't count. Especially since it was a result of being broke. Since I didn't have the $ this year he kept corn in the feeder and hunted the place when I wasn't there (which was almost the entire season). Unfortunately he was skunked this season (he wanted to shoot a deer with a bow) and neither of us had any luck chasing mouflon on the Amistad National Rec Area. I don't have access yet to hogs and he's been wanting to bowhunt one so if any of you would like to get in on this offer, pm me and I'll give you his contact info. He may not be available until April or May (due to some medical issues but his Dr says things are moving much faster than he thought so this month might be doable). He'd probably want to take his 15 yr old son too as he wants him to take his 1st animal. Thanks Nelson.

Pablo
Posted By: madhatr02

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/02/13 02:03 AM

So does this only apply to active duty military only or does it extend to veterans as well?
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/02/13 02:10 AM

Any retired or active duty service men wanna go on a pig hunt pm me. I can do my best to get you on a pig. We can keep going till it happens.
Posted By: pkpxavier

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/02/13 11:42 AM

Nathan strikes again! Great job! If anyone around this San Antonio needs some help with exotics I'll gladly give em a dirt nap. The kiddos have already gone through about half the meat I put in the freezer this year!
Posted By: XCHIEF47

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/03/13 04:08 AM

up
Posted By: nice shot

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/03/13 10:08 AM

I'm in. But to clarify, do retired LE/MIL count, or is it only current?
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/08/13 03:07 PM

Amazing that the idea of free goodies gets everyone excited. As I have always said, what ever it takes to get a plan in action. Now if someone will step up with tickets to major sporting events, NFL, NBA, NASCAR, dinner with Danica ??

Great effort on your part.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/08/13 11:38 PM

With Nathan's blessing's I'd like to sweeten the pot just a little. I've got a pair of Nickle Taurus Goucho's, 45 Long Colt 5 1/2 inch barrels, one for the biggest buck and one for the biggest hog.
Posted By: madhatr02

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/10/13 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: madhatr02
So does this only apply to active duty military only or does it extend to veterans as well?

Again great idea but still looking for some clarification.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/10/13 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
With Nathan's blessing's I'd like to sweeten the pot just a little. I've got a pair of Nickle Taurus Goucho's, 45 Long Colt 5 1/2 inch barrels, one for the biggest buck and one for the biggest hog.
Sweetend the pot for sure, i am going to try and put something together for some guys this summer or fall if time allows, great thing going on here guys keep it up.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/10/13 04:10 AM

Again great idea but still looking for some clarification.

Either active duty or no longer in uniform...

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/10/13 04:11 AM

Works for me...

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 03/11/13 12:03 AM

Kevin i think its is for all vets

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/27/13 02:15 PM

Hey guys How this going..... anyone bag any nice game yet
Posted By: safdm44

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/27/13 03:48 PM

save
Posted By: Britton

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/27/13 03:54 PM

I give them free meals, especially on Holidays, does that count?

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/27/13 06:04 PM

Haha good deal britton I might come see you today lol
Posted By: Britton

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/27/13 10:10 PM

We did free meals for all the veterans today. It was a huge success! We did a free meal day for police officers about a month ago, and will be doing on for all first responders soon!

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/28/13 04:04 AM

Man good deal I'll be making a trip down that way one day and see the cafe

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/28/13 11:29 AM

I'm not going to compete in the contest but I have a couple of opening this fall, I've got them covered for everything they need all they have to do is get out to West TX for a couple of days I'll take care of the rest. I've got a couple of bucks with their name on them.

This hunt has been booked.
Posted By: hoggwilde

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/30/13 12:01 AM

Texas Army National Guard here, anyone wanting to get in this drawing I'm open to anything.

Fine gesture your offering sir. flag

Just send a pm

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 05/30/13 02:12 PM

Good deal guys...hope a lot of vets get out... I am also a active duty Marine... and would like to get after someeat this fall....but I know a guy who used to be a navh corpsmen and is having a lot of issues right now....anyone want to put him on somethk g shout me a p.m. and let's get him some help.....
Posted By: CPTTSU1

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/01/13 05:07 PM

I'm active duty Army and would love the chance to actually hunt something with horns on it. I'm 28 years old and have yet to kill an animal of any kind with horns, the meat I get would be given to my Soldiers that are less fortunate.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/01/13 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon A
Originally Posted By: DiverTexas
up
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/01/13 05:13 PM

up
Posted By: JMR1985

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/03/13 06:59 PM

I'm a police officer in the Tyler Texas area and would love to go on a white tail or axis hunt if someone wants to take me.
Posted By: Brock77

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/03/13 08:19 PM

awesome idea
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/05/13 12:37 PM

I've committed to a hunt for Sapper Titan on the Pitchfork.
Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/06/13 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: elkhunter49

I agree this is an amazing offer and really a true sportsman's way to help our veterans.
Posted By: hcbow23

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/06/13 01:04 AM

I am a member of the AF, I am in no way asking for a free hunt, but this is awesome. Love seeing non-military or non-first responders helping out. Thank you all!
Posted By: father of 4

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/06/13 02:41 PM

Thats awesome Nathan. Hmmm I wonder if I can take someone like that hunting wink hehe. You know I will be posting pics my Friend.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/07/13 01:19 PM

Hope to have some pics for you soon. We have 2 Soldiers headed to Henrietta, Texas this weekend for a hog hunt.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/07/13 08:44 PM

Well, there is a lot riding on this, so let see some pictures.

I know that there have been multiple hunts already.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/07/13 09:08 PM

Anyone have a Axis problem?
Posted By: firemedic442

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/09/13 01:56 AM

im a firefighter/paramedic in the east texas area have never been on a goose or exotic hunt would love to check it out.
Posted By: Jhop

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/09/13 03:17 AM

I retired from the Army after 20 years. However like many folks I'm land poor! lol I'm pretty much hunt on Ft. Hood. I get the chance to pig and varmint hunt once in awhile, which is great. If anyone needs someone to take a veteran along I'll be glade to go.

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/09/13 02:12 PM

Hey Nathan, say hello to John Reich. Hunted with our program this weekend. Killed this little guy last night. John has done two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Here is what he said: Our last nite Hog Hunting. I would like to say thank you to: Hunting With "SOLDIERS". This was the best experience that I could ask for. Here are the pictures of the "HOG" I shot, I got him in the chest straight thru the heart. Not bad for a dead eye...

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/09/13 03:50 PM

Pretty Awesome Gordon...
Posted By: Stub

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/09/13 11:32 PM

First and foremost, way cool with what you are and have been doing up

Even though I do not own the 40 acres I hunt on. I have pursuaded the owners (dear friends of mine) to periodically allow me to take active millitary personell on certain hunts (hogs, spikes).

Took active Petty Officer Sawyer Herndon on a Hog hunt this weekend, met him on the forum earlier in the week. It is alot of fun sharing the joys of hunting and meeting neat folks!

Posted By: Stub

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/09/13 11:53 PM

I tell you what, if I am lucky enough to win any of the prizes, I will give away a like type gun or knife of mine to a vet that does not have one. What you are offering is nicer than what I have, so it would upgrade what I have and hopefully take care of some one else.

I would hope that who ever wins and has the abillity will consider doing the same, sharing the love!

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/10/13 02:47 AM

Good deal Stub!

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/10/13 03:33 AM

Awesome Stub

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/10/13 11:54 AM

Great job Gordon and Stub.
Posted By: Inky Doc

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/10/13 12:52 PM

I can't leave the house without being bombarded by "give to this wounded soldier program," or "volunteer to build a wounded vet a free house." Well, more than 5 years after being wounded, after being in the Wounded Soldier Transition Unit for more than 3 and a half year and just now sitting on an artificial keester since last Wednesday...... I've never received a Purple Heart, never been approached by the Wounded Warrior Project to even receive a free shirt, no one in Kroger has ever given me that whole fried chicken and soda they promise every returning vet but I have been taken hunting completely free of charge by Gordon Melton and Mike Boswell, I've gotten a helluva discount from Big Tony on a couple of his kick@zz knives. I've also received heartfelt thanks from many THFers. So, as a Joe I got pennies from Uncle Sam's bureaucrats, as a non-employable disabled vet I've gotten less pennies from the VA, but I've got some good memories putting holes in critters, some awesome knives and friends. It seems those that have the time and money to give seem to give the places with an "in-only" policy, those that don't have anything to give, give everything they don't have to people because it makes them smile. Thank you, Mike, Gordon, Tony and this Nathan guy that obviously does the same. And all the THFers who quietly did something nice for a vet just because it was a nice thing to do. All vets really appreciate it.

Grey/Inky Doc/SSG Kelley

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/10/13 06:44 PM

Thanks Grey. I will never forget the jack rabbit doing the summer sault lol

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/26/13 02:09 AM

Any new Pictures?
Posted By: jcharette08

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/28/13 11:58 AM

Duck,
This is not for myself but for the guy sitting next to me unaware. I'm currently in Afghanistan and I've been hunting most of my life and have had several successful years in mississippi and NM (shot a biiig 300+ bull last year opening morning). With all my talk and preparation for my hunts this year, my buddy Dan, who is deployed with me, has gotten so excited and also frustrated because NM is lottery only. I've told him Texas is much easier for us because they are so military friendly, unfortunately I have zero people over there. So in response to your post, I raise his hand for a hunt. He's a very smart young guy who has really taken an interest in the sport but unfortunately is stationed in a place where it can be very difficult to take part in. I understand this is an incredibly unorthodox request, but I just had to respond to your post.

thanks for listening, and thank you so much for the support!

Josh
TSgt, USAF

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 06/28/13 12:06 PM

jcharette08,
If he is going to return to Ft. Hood, please have him contact me.
I have a couple of places I could take him.
Thank you both for your service.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Open Challenge to ALL THF Members - 02/24/14 07:21 PM

What is/was the status or final outcome of this idea??
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum