Texas Hunting Forum

Best East Texas Hunting Clubs?

Posted By: buford

Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 03:27 AM

What East Texas hunting clubs have the best reputations?
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 03:41 AM

South Boggy, Loco Bayou, Eason Lake, Iderlan (sp?..21e out of Nac), Brushy Creek, Lower 83...just to name a few

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 03:49 AM

Ever heard of Camden Hunting club, Moscow, either of those?

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 04:05 AM

Yep, I'd avoid it.

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 04:07 AM

***would avoid Camden....have heard of a Moscow hunting club but don't know much about it. Carter Pasture is in that area and is the most reputable for that immediate area

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 04:14 AM

http://m.ktre.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ktre.com%2fGlobal%2fstory.asp%3fS%3d12659061

The reason for that is bc there's a lot of country rds through it and can't be gated off...a main one leads to the shady bar and liquor stores in 7Oaks.

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 04:24 AM

There's also Renfro on the Angelina side of the Neches.

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 04:50 AM

You've also got the brushy creek leases that are closer to you in CS

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 01/30/13 12:28 PM

Thanks, just trying to get a feel for that area
Posted By: Justin kemp

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 08:31 AM

I will suggested of buckdaddyshuntingclub for you because it is best reputation of east taxes Lofty Pine Deer country.
Posted By: garyi

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 08:47 AM

I sure would like to have a little tour of the property,,My husband and I are retired and have all the time in the world,,,could we make arragenements to do a look
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Justin kemp
I will suggested of buckdaddyshuntingclub for you because it is best reputation of east taxes Lofty Pine Deer country.

You must be the owner because I have never heard anything good about them.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3937790/Re_info_on_hunting_clubs_in_te

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1315182/buck_daddys_hunting_club
Posted By: Big Orn

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 12:29 PM

He's a spammer, Chuck.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 02:33 PM

Pine Island hasnt been mentioned yet. I've seen some really nice deer taken over the years including a 160+ main frame 8 this year..I'd post the pic but do not have permission.
Never heard anything negative about this place other than being high dollar.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 05:21 PM

IMO, you don't hear about the best ones because the members try hard to keep it that way. And this in no way implies they're doing anything illegal and wish to hide it. They simply know what a good thing they have and don't want anyone trying to find a way to snatch it from them. They also don't want a lot of "unknowns" who might create nothing but headaches to start hounding them about becoming a member.

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Stevarino
Pine Island hasnt been mentioned yet. I've seen some really nice deer taken over the years including a 160+ main frame 8 this year..I'd post the pic but do not have permission.

You've got to be in the right crowd of business owners around Lufkin to get that invite. Smithharts 8 was a pretty buck though.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 05:42 PM

Attoyac Hunting Club

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: White Falcon
Attoyac Hunting Club

Can put 90m on a jeep out there in a day grin

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: Stevarino

You've got to be in the right crowd of business owners around Lufkin to get that invite. Smithharts 8 was a pretty buck though.

Let me know if you need that invite. Have your wallet ready to go.

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 07:29 PM

I've also seen some good deer come out of Renfro.. have had family and friends out there for many years.. Last i heard, they were hurting for members, but who knows how long that place will be around. Some of the rules are a little out there for me and always talk about what that place will become.. still has good deer coming off every year.

Re: Best East Texas Hunting Clubs? - 02/20/13 07:47 PM

Renfro had a massive doe slaughter back around 2004 followed by a lot of years of bad fawn crops, lost 2 of their best sections on the South end (1 to tower club), the other to some folks out of Houston and it's just not the same place it was. Some good deer, but not what it was back in the 90s & early 2000s. The year I joined they needed 20+ members & it hasn't changed much
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum