Texas Hunting Forum

NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit?

Posted By: Mike Honcho

NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/24/12 04:32 PM

Anyone donate to these guys or Dudley Brown? They are always asking for money. Kinda reminds me of what grandpa said if a guy needs money to fight for you he's probably just fighting for the money. But I'd like first hand info.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/24/12 04:33 PM

Never heard of them.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/24/12 04:41 PM

Why split up the money. Pick one well known, well established organization and everyone donate to that one. The NRA comes to mind.
Posted By: dawaba

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/24/12 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
Why split up the money. Pick one well known, well established organization and everyone donate to that one. The NRA comes to mind.

+1. I'd stick with the NRA for maximum effect, Jorge.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/24/12 05:16 PM

Well I do donate to NRA but I don't mind chipping a lil more to another front if it is truly supporting the cause.
Posted By: bigpigtx

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/25/12 01:21 AM

Why not just pick a politician or candidate that supports your interests and write them a letter. It's free.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/25/12 03:13 AM

I would not give money to just anyone that claims to be a gun rights organization other than the NRA.
It's just like when there is a disaster the scam artist come out of the woodwork to take advantage of the panic and you can bet there will be a lot of that going on right now.
Stick with the NRA if you really care about you're rights!
Posted By: Punkin

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/25/12 06:10 AM

I'm from Colorado, and right in Duhdley's back yard. Give this thread 2 or 3 days to populate, and his minions will become some of those one post wonders that always pop up. He has helped do some good in Colorado, with RMGO, but he alienates far more than he embraces. Dudley is 100% about Dudley, and he seems to make a good living for himself off of donations. He also is or has been in tax trouble, so double check the legitimacy of your "nonprofit" donation before you bite.

Lastly, see if you can get an accounting of where the $ go...if you got honesty, well, nevermind, he won't tell you anyway.

Me? I make it a mission to tell people to run away. When a guy's friends tell you he's a political snake...well, I'm not his enemy, but I don't trust him. We've also publicly called each other nasty names because of my responses to the same kind of question posed by the OP, just for full disclosure.

In short, he made up a couple organizations, gave himself a title, and tries his best through pushy emails to take your money...
Posted By: Bob in TX

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/25/12 02:34 PM

All well said.

NRA, GOA, and the TSRA are my top choices.

Posted By: Longhunter

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/28/12 01:19 AM

NRA has had our backs for a long time.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/29/12 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Longhunter
NRA has had our backs for a long time.

Well said. up
Posted By: bassdad45

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/29/12 10:08 PM

sounds fishy
Posted By: jefeh

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/30/12 05:21 AM

Agree with punkin, I'm in Browns backyard as well. Stick with the NRA
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/30/12 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob in TX
All well said.

NRA, GOA, and the TSRA are my top choices.

up These are the ones that matter.
Posted By: Don Dial

Re: NAGR / National Association for Gun Rights scam or legit? - 12/30/12 08:23 PM

I usually agree with these pro gun folks thoughts and many of their comments..but I give to the ammo bin at my household and always have. I suspect we "Texans" will be looked on much more distainfully in the next four yrs. irregardless of our spending habits..Don
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum