Texas Hunting Forum

How to secure trail camera

Posted By: cliffie

How to secure trail camera - 10/14/12 09:25 PM

Just curious how you all secure your trail camera to keep from having them stolen. We lose a lot of them here in AZ. Mostly BLM land and Mostly near water holes and lots of cameras lost or painted over. Maybe the mankers can come up with a better design for security.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: How to secure trail camera - 10/14/12 10:24 PM

If some thief wants it they will get it. Forget about chains, anchors, or anything else. With the smaller cams these days you at least have a chance that it won't be detected.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: How to secure trail camera - 10/14/12 10:27 PM

Put it up as high as you can and angle it downward. Most people look at 3-4' levels for cameras. You might also work the trails leading into water so your camera is not as obvious.
Posted By: DCS

Re: How to secure trail camera - 10/15/12 12:12 AM

Here is how I secure mine. They will at least have to go through a little effort. The bucket's have 80 lbs of concrete in them.

Beats just undoing a plastic snap I suppose.

On the other hand, they are Moultries, I doubt anyone would even want them.....

Posted By: HoosierDaddy3

Re: How to secure trail camera - 10/15/12 01:41 AM

I use a cable lock to the tree and a lock on the camera to protect the card. It isn't going to stop anyone that really wants it, but it will deter the wondering teenager or curious lease-mate. Another option I like is if you have a known problem, put a second camera on your first camera hidden either high or in cover...most thieves only look for the obvious camera on the feeder.
Posted By: cliffie

Re: How to secure trail camera - 10/15/12 02:18 AM

I was really thinking of another camera with a cord to a 12GA :-)
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum