Texas Hunting Forum

Cover Scent

Posted By: Scott.Str

Cover Scent - 09/24/12 01:46 PM

Who uses cover scent and how well do you think it works? I have always showered sprayed down and washed clothes in scent free. I bought some ceder cover scent and pack some clothes in with ceder branches to add natural smell. Any thoughts on all this?
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 01:51 PM

I don't hardly ever use cover scent and have killed multiple deer with a bow. I will step in some cow crap along the way if I see it but other than that I don't see the need. When rifle hunting I do even less.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 01:51 PM

I think being still trumps cover scent.
Posted By: Scott.Str

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 02:02 PM

leonardo. I usually go out of my way to step in some cow crap during bow season just for the walk out to the stand. I am in an area the wind will blow my scent up a trail the deer may or may not come from i am not sure yet. just more curious then anything specially hearing spraying down your equipment after its been practised with so much in the off season
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 02:17 PM

If you hunt in a place with a lot of cedar, get a bunch of the blue berries off of it, along with some needles, mash the berries up and boil them in some water. Drain water off in a spray bottle. It should have the color of pee. Other than that, I don't use anything.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 03:04 PM

I look at it this way....it doesn't hurt to use it! And, I use BIO-XTREME which is made in Dallas.
Posted By: East

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 03:09 PM

I use Febrezee. Deer love Kiwi-strawberries

I feel asleep in a brush blind one time, and when I woke up a doe was trying to eat my britches.
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 04:23 PM

I use doe pee both while moving to the stand(drag) and while on stand(put on tree I am sitting beside, or scent wick that i keep in the stand)...i figure it can't hurt.
Posted By: redundeadd

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 06:07 PM

Back when i smoked i shot a while i was smoking a cigarrette and talking on the fhone. Deer probably got within 50 yards when i took the shot. Biggest buck ive killed. 12 point with split brow tines
Posted By: wrknonit

Re: Cover Scent - 09/24/12 06:21 PM

Cedar scent in my area. they live in it, sleep in it, and hide in it. I Can't think of a better cover scent. Makes you smell just like their evironment. texas
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum