Texas Hunting Forum

Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas

Posted By: longgunner

Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/23/12 12:38 AM

Looking for information from anybody that has had a good experience with builders in West Texas for a Hunting Cabin. Prefer a medal building, not looking for a brick house or a log cabin, just a good place for the weekends.
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/23/12 02:00 AM

Define "West" Texas

Abilene
Big Spring
Odessa
Pecos
Van Horn?

are you looking for something movable because a guy on CL has a 40 foot sea container, pre wired and insulated with a walk in door and half of it is portioned off for storage and he is only asking about 6 large for it

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/23/12 12:25 PM

Sparky,

Northwest of Abilene. Looking more for a metal building that can be finished out for a weekend retreat and store a tractor and equipment as well.

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/23/12 01:22 PM

There is several options for you
You can get a Mueller Kit building and have someone put it up for you on a slab

I have seen people buy two 20 foot shipping containers and set them about 12 ft apart and build a roof over the open area

then you have a nice covered area outside for sitting around and one side for a cabin and the other side for storage

check out the guy on Abilene Craigslist, he has finished and unfinished containers and he is out of Graham TX
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/23/12 01:27 PM

The containers are the way to go. They can be moved and they won't burn in a wild fire, are hard to break into or damage.

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/23/12 09:39 PM

thanks for the input. may follow up wih the containers.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/26/12 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: longgunner
thanks for the input. may follow up wih the containers.
Shipping containers are extremely hot.Even when insulated they're difficult to cool down.
Posted By: karaider00

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/27/12 03:35 AM

My buddy's place has a shipping container and they have no problem cooling it.
Posted By: daulongranch

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/27/12 06:58 AM

David Finley does a heck of a great job on metal buildings. He used Mueller metal on the building I had built. During a recent hail storm many mobile homes and buildings were damaged. I only saw 3-4 tiny dents in the metal from baseball sized hail.

David also built a metal house on the property next door to me. Structurally sound is putting it light. That building isn't going anywhere. My neighbor did like you plan to do by working when he had the opportunity to finish out the interior.

You can reach David at 325-357-4706. He live at Concho Park at Lake O. H. Ivie. Lake Ivie is straight east from San Angelo and straight south from Abilene. He does take out of town jobs. Tell him Daryl sent you.

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/27/12 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: daulongranch
David Finley does a heck of a great job on metal buildings. He used Mueller metal on the building I had built. During a recent hail storm many mobile homes and buildings were damaged. I only saw 3-4 tiny dents in the metal from baseball sized hail.

David also built a metal house on the property next door to me. Structurally sound is putting it light. That building isn't going anywhere. My neighbor did like you plan to do by working when he had the opportunity to finish out the interior.

You can reach David at 325-357-4706. He live at Concho Park at Lake O. H. Ivie. Lake Ivie is straight east from San Angelo and straight south from Abilene. He does take out of town jobs. Tell him Daryl sent you.
Originally Posted By: daulongranch

I used to know him real well from my fishing days at Ivie

The whole family is good people
Posted By: smithwr

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/27/12 01:04 PM

T4C Cross Texas runs tons of adds out of san angelo. They advertise for cabins, boat docks metal buildings ect ect. I bet they have tons od referances
http://t4cbuildings.com/
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/27/12 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: karaider00
My buddy's place has a shipping container and they have no problem cooling it.
Must have a really big BTU rating. My buddies is sitting in the sun,also.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/27/12 05:35 PM

There is a guy selling shipping containers at Trent and IH20. North side of IH20 at the overpass on the west side of Trent. He also has portable building for sale.
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Good Hunting Cabin Builders in West Texas - 09/27/12 09:21 PM

He's looking for a Barnominium
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum