Texas Hunting Forum

DELETE

Posted By: deuces

DELETE - 05/15/12 02:33 PM

Thanks to all who responded. I have found a place to take my son hog hunting.

Again, thanks for all the input and suggestions.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 02:59 PM

I could probably put one in a cage and bring it up there for your son to shoot... gun and shells included for a smooth 250 bucks.

What do you say?

Posted By: passthru

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 03:01 PM

www.huntsbowhuntingranch.com/

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 03:01 PM

Brandon A,

I appreciate the offer, but I think I will pass.

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 03:03 PM

passthru,

That sounds like a great opportunity, but he likes to shoot rifles.

Thanks for sharing, though.

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 03:06 PM

Stay calm Brandon. It's okay. It's like taking a kid fishing. You don't wanna bore them with slow bass fishing at first. You take them perch fishing in a well stocked pond and get them hooked.
Me, when I'm paying for a hunt, I darn sure don't need to just go sit in the woods and not see something. I wanna do that I can just go to my lease.

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 03:12 PM

passthru,

Thank you for that clarification. That's exactly what I was aiming for. I want to make sure he gets to bag something. I know that won't always be the case, but he's really looking forward to this. I want his first experience to be a great one. The disappointment of hunting and not bagging something can come later. Slow and steady. I'm trying to raise a hunter here.

Thanks again.

Posted By: duke08

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 03:28 PM

I would extend the olive branch to you but my places are around four hours from there. I guess if you get desperate and are willing to drive you could head this way during huntin season.

Posted By: daulongranch

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 05:43 PM

My place is about 4 hours away, also, and I've never seen a pig on it. If I had some pigs, I'd let you take him for free just because you are trying to add another hunter to the flock. My neighbor even brought pigs in so there would be some (STUPID). Enjoy your hunt and enjoy taking your son hunting.

Posted By: ChuckDee

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 06:51 PM

I'm close to McKinney and would like to take my 8 year old boar hunting. Anything?

Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon A
I could probably put one in a cage and bring it up there for your son to shoot... gun and shells included for a smooth 250 bucks.

What do you say?

I like thIs idea but can you make it a little more sporting by putting the cage on a trailer and slowly pull it between openings in the brush/trees????

rofl

Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 07:44 PM

If you are willing to pay look up JJ (WhiskeyandMe on this forum). He has places up around the OK border less than 45 minutes from you. I have a neighbor across the street that hunts hogs with him all the time and he puts in a lot of time scouting to put you where they are.

Posted By: jcav

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 07:58 PM

Kent Outdoors is who I would call for a guided hunt no question about it. JJ is first class and runs a great operation.

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 08:07 PM

jcav and LarryCopper,

Thanks for the info! I contacted JJ and we should be talking later tonight.

Again, thanks. Have a good one.

Posted By: Ripit

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 08:13 PM

We have a have bunch. www.extremewhitetails.net

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE MY SON HUNTING FOR HOG!!!! - 05/15/12 08:14 PM

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3225494/Hog_Hunt_opening#Post3225494
Close and J.R., whom I hunt with some, says he sees hogs every time.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum