Texas Hunting Forum

No hunter money used for burro problem....

Posted By: Greenheadless

No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/17/12 06:55 PM

......but they did use Fund 64 funds even though they are screaming that the state parks are going to have to be shut down because of lack of funding......and all to apease the cornbreading Humane Society. This chiat is really getting OLD!!!!!!!

(First story on front page.
http://issuu.com/lsoneditor/docs/apr1312

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/17/12 06:56 PM

Sent to TPWD.

Quote:
It is ABSOLUTLELY infuriating to read an article like I just read in the most recent Lone Star Outdoor News, titled "No hunter money used for burro problem". I cannot believe TPWD would go out there and solicit donations because as they state, the state parks are underfunded and in treat of being closed. Then they turn around and use Fund 46 money to cost share a pathetic program like this joint venture with the Humane Society. If the Humane Society can come up with a remedy that will: 1. work, 2. save taxpayer/TPWD money, 3. maintains the goal of getting rid of the invasive burros, then I could see collaboration with them. But spending valuable resources that are already stretched to appease them is absolutely sickening. I for one will not be duped again into donating to the state parks as I have done in the past because I was trying to better the cause when TPWD goes and does something as irresponsible as this.

-Bryan Hendon

I will post a the response if I receive one.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/17/12 08:00 PM

popcorn

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/18/12 02:57 AM

I can respect this:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Hendon,

Your comment regarding the use of state park funds for a joint project with the Humane Society was forwarded to me for response. While I completely understand your concerns, let me assure you that from the standpoint of state parks this was simply a means to gather needed data (finding out how many burros there are on the park and where they are located) while only paying half the cost of the aerial survey needed to gather this information.

The goal of state parks is simply to remove the burros from Big Bend Ranch. If the Humane Society can trap them and remove them at no cost to TPWD, that accomplishes our resource management goal. If they are not successful, park staff will resume lethal control measures, equipped with greater knowledge about burro numbers and locations.

Thanks for your interest.

Kevin Good
Special Assistant to the Director State Parks
512-389-4415
kevin.good@tpwd.state.tx.us

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/18/12 04:17 AM

That is pretty good response, actually more than what I would have expected.

Posted By: JThoele

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/23/12 04:23 AM

I am curious...who gets to become these state or government sharpshooters that remove animals when needed such as the auodad and burros and hogs and such?

Posted By: cazador1022

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/28/12 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: JThoele
I am curious...who gets to become these state or government sharpshooters that remove animals when needed such as the auodad and burros and hogs and such?

if you find out please let us know hwat we have to do to qualify since there are tone of burros and aoudad on the ranches i go to.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/29/12 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
That is pretty good response, actually more than what I would have expected.

X2 excellent cs

Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/30/12 05:08 AM

X3 excellent cs, really a sad deal.

Posted By: Rebel.

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/30/12 11:56 AM

Pretty good response on their behalf.

Posted By: T4PL

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/30/12 01:39 PM

What the heck is the Humane Society going to do with the burros? I've heard most landowners are trying to get rid of them. They cost too much to feed and there's no return value. Seems like a waste of time and money.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/30/12 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: T4PL
What the heck is the Humane Society going to do with the burros? I've heard most landowners are trying to get rid of them. They cost too much to feed and there's no return value. Seems like a waste of time and money.

They aren't doing any thing on private land...this is on state and federal land..
Instead of the state paying to have them removed..hsus said they would trap and remove them for free... Twpd said ok...but you better get with it..or we will go back to shooting them.

Could work out good for Twpd..free problem elimination..

But ultimately most well be put down because hsus won't be able to find a home for them...its kind of funny..hsus is all show

Posted By: Navasot

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/30/12 02:19 PM

Dumb.....Humane society is doing all this because they like [censored]

Posted By: Navasot

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/30/12 02:20 PM

Aw come on now thats its name....a wild [censored]

Posted By: T4PL

Re: No hunter money used for burro problem.... - 04/30/12 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: T4PL

They aren't doing any thing on private land...this is on state and federal land..
Instead of the state paying to have them removed..hsus said they would trap and remove them for free... Twpd said ok...but you better get with it..or we will go back to shooting them.

Could work out good for Twpd..free problem elimination..

But ultimately most well be put down because hsus won't be able to find a home for them...its kind of funny..hsus is all show

Yeah, I'm familiar with the issue. I was just thinking that HS would try to sell them to ranchers who clearly don't want the ones they have now. HS will probably get stuck with the animals in the end, that would be funny.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum