Texas Hunting Forum

Camping World=Anti hunting

Posted By: crankn101

Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/16/12 06:46 PM

I got this from another forum and hope it isnt a repost...

To all my fellow hunters ...

Camping World has just pulled their support for "Celebrity Apprentice" due to the fact that Donald Trump's son went hunting. It is time to let them know we will be pulling our business from them.

You may do so by going to the link on this post. Here is what I wrote. Please join me and let them know such a stance - especially by a company dedicated to the outdoors - will hurt them directly in the pocketbook.

http://www.campingworld.com/contactU...al%20Questions

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/16/12 06:51 PM

I cant find were to put a comment

Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/16/12 06:53 PM

dumb arses

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/16/12 07:00 PM

Write Camping World and ask for a catalog. Get on the their mailing lists, catalogs and sales ads cost them big money. In a years time they will spend about $10 to print and mail catalogs and sales ads per customer.

Do not use email to request the catalog use the phone

Here is their contact info.
Contact Us By Mail:

Camping World Inc.
ATTN: Product & Accessories Department
650 Three Springs Rd.
Bowling Green, KY 42104

Camping World Inc.
ATTN: RV Sales & Service
250 Parkway Drive, Ste 270
Lincolnshire, Illinois 60069

Contact Us By Phone:

Products & Accessories
Available 8 am - 7 pm CST
888-626-7576

RV Sales & Service
Available 9 am - 5 pm CST
847-808-3000

Posted By: Str8 Fishin

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/16/12 08:16 PM

Just go to the website and go to the comments section and leave a comment.

Just a FYI I read that Walmart has donated $300 some odd million dollars to anti hunting & fishing organazations. That was just in two years.

Posted By: BAYSPORT

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/17/12 02:19 AM

Just a FYI I read that Walmart has donated $300 some odd million dollars to anti hunting & fishing organazations. That was just in two years. [/quote]

And yet they sell the stuff.
confused

Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/17/12 02:22 AM

Thats weird considering WalMart sales hunting gear, guns and ammo. Not too mention Sam Walton's favorite hunting dog was Ol' Roy. Even named some dog food after him.

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/17/12 01:53 PM

Donald Chump is a bombastic blow-hard.

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/17/12 03:19 PM

Quote:
Just a FYI I read that Walmart has donated $300 some odd million dollars to anti hunting & fishing organazations. That was just in two years.

Anybody proof> <?

Posted By: Quackwacker

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 01:37 PM

We had one of the last firearm selling Walmart stores, and the gun counter disapeared in the last month. I think they are going to start making it clear they do not suppport hunting.

Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Quackwacker
We had one of the last firearm selling Walmart stores, and the gun counter disapeared in the last month. I think they are going to start making it clear they do not suppport hunting.

This is strange to hear considering Wal-mart is now selling AR-style rifles in recent months. If anything, 3 or 4 of the Wal-marts I have visited have INCREASED the amount of shooting supplies and firearms offered for sale.

Posted By: Payne

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 01:45 PM

Walmart put the gun cabinet back in the store here last month. There's about 12-15 rifles, nothing special. They also pulled all the Remington ammo & gear and replaced it with Winchester.

The Camping world link is now a 404 page, guess they didn't like the comments.

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 02:21 PM

Here's a PR link from their web. Had to look for it

PR-CWGS@campingworld.com <PR-CWGS@campingworld.com>

Here's what I sent:

Hope you didn't shoot yourself in the foot.....

I've been an RV'er since 1975 and enjoyed stopping at Camping World for those unique items, but if what has been rumored is true then I can always get what I need somewhere else or do without.......There are just a whole bunch of us out here who look at hunting, fishing, camping as part of an overall outdoor experience.

Is the rumor true?

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 03:43 PM

I doubt Walmert itself didn't donate it. It was the employees discretion where the money went. Walmart probably just matched what the employees chose.

Posted By: Stoney

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 07:47 PM

I got this back from camping World:

"To clarify our position, Camping World as America’s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose."

Thank you,
Camping World Customer Care

In other words there position is they have no position. I love knee jerk reactions from some corporate blowhard.

Posted By: toolman

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 07:50 PM

So what endangered species did they hunt?

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 07:54 PM

According to every article I have found, none

Posted By: Str8 Fishin

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 08:28 PM

Heres a link to the info about "walmart".

I guess it is mostly about fishing but none the less taking away from the outdoorsman.

http://nlpc.org/stories/2011/08/22/walmart-heirs-and-fishing-freedom-don%E2%80%99t-mix

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 08:48 PM

That Walton daughter that lives in Mineral Wells is so liquored up she has no idea where the money is going, maybe the rest of the family is like that? A ponderance

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 08:49 PM

Let's see some proof before attacking camping world and or walmart.....

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Let's see some proof before attacking camping world and or walmart.....

Camping World
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/03/hunters-threatening-to-boycott-camping-world/
Drunken sot Alice Walton
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-10-...ores-sam-walton

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/19/12 09:05 PM

"I wouldn't spend another nickel with them," said Lemonis.(Camping World CEO) of buying ads during the show's airtime. "I am totally disgusted by the [hunting] pics I have seen and was surprised to see them. Money is spent, but wow, I'm really shocked."

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action? articleId=281474981191866

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/20/12 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: craigr
I got this back from camping World:

"To clarify our position, Camping World as America&#146;s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose."

Thank you,

In other words there position is they have no position. I love knee jerk reactions from some corporate blowhard.

Same reply I got!

Posted By: Kiowahunting

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/20/12 01:56 PM

I talked to Lemonis personally about Camping World and their position. Understand that I wrote him and cancelled my membership in Camping World and he called me to discuss it. He made it pretty clear that he can spend his advertising dollar anywhere that he want to, which I agreed to. His position was that they took endangered species. When asked which ones, he could not answer. The pictures upset him, the picture of the guy with the elephant's tail and such. Basically typical trophy pictures, not endangered species.

I also contacted Good Sam club, because they are affiliated with Camping World now and cancelled there. I got the same reply and they sent me a link to an article to support their position. Here is the link.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/special-featur...trage-1.1259538

Read it, see who backs it up - PETA and "Touching Earth Lightly" Read what Stephen Lamb says about your hunting activities. Here it is.

“Hunting as an activity was there for a reason. It was there for human life sustenance, for people to eat. People who lived in tune with nature and understood their place in it,” Lamb said.

“In a traditional hunter-gatherer sense it was acceptable, but these days are mostly over.

“In a world where we are trying to save animals from extinction, trophy hunting has no place on this planet.

I have had several E-mails and conversations and the bottom line is that they do not like the pictures, it bothers them. The pictures are no more than you posing with a whitetail, birds, turkey or anything else, except this was Zimbabwe.

This is the last communication that I got from Camping World:

Your membership has been canceled. I have removed you off our email and mailings list. Please allow 10 days for the emails to cease and 4-6 weeks for all the mailings to stop. You will receive you refund for your membership in 4-6 weeks.
Thank you,

Do what you want, but I know where they stand.

Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/20/12 02:02 PM

^^^^ yeah I'm sure the CEO personally called you when you cancelled rolleyes

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/20/12 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin
^^^^ yeah I'm sure the CEO personally called you when you cancelled rolleyes

Becareful of whom you call out... You have no idea what his business is... He may very well be a large account for them.

The company I work for is a privately owned and does just under a billion in revenue and our ceo will call many people a year when their are complaints or just to get feedback on us.

Posted By: Kiowahunting

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/20/12 02:36 PM

Dear z71dustin, your ignorance and comments are not worth commenting on further. Go to other hunting forums and you will find that Mr. Lemonis has called several people and has answered several E-mails. Better get ready to call everyone that got a call a liar, hope that you have lots of time on your hands.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/21/12 03:06 PM

This is on Uncle Teds FB page today about this topic.

.After the controversy surrounding the xposure of the Trump boys safari photos of African game, CEO of Camping World Marcus Lemonis was contacted and educated by your fearless SpiritWild leader Uncle Ted & he upgraded his awareness to the reality of the pureness of hunting as the ultimate and only honest conservation tool to keep wildlife flourishing. Marcus is a goodman and totally supports huntin...g and fishing as the wonderful lifestyle that it is. We support Camping World and recommend it to all our fellow sporters.
spread it far & wide-polite activism/education/upgrade works! Godspeed all!

"As CEO of Camping World, I support all Americans who celebrate the time honored family traditions of hunting and fishing, and all choices of quality, legal, environmentally positive outdoor recreation. I know that millions and millions of families camp, hike, canoe, kayak, off-road, explore and enjoy all these wonderful activities and I feel a kinship with them. Nature heals, freedom is the end all and we here at Camping World are proud to be a part of that soul cleansing lifestyle." Marcus Lemonis-Camping World

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/21/12 07:30 PM

LOL, he will find a way to work into anything.

Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/21/12 08:36 PM

bs

Posted By: jshaw2025

Re: Camping World=Anti hunting - 03/22/12 03:10 PM

Can we flood their e-mails with trophy hunting photos?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum