Texas Hunting Forum

Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun

Posted By: Gunslinger

Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/09/12 09:26 PM

Only in Canada, eh? God Bless the USA!

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/artic...-picture-of-gun

Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/09/12 09:28 PM

wow! I dont even know what to say about that.

Posted By: Grizz

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/09/12 09:38 PM

Bunch of hosers!

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/09/12 09:40 PM

I knew Canada didn't have the Right to Bear Arms. But they don't even have the Right to "Draw" Arms?!?!

The father was strip searched and had to sign a consent to search his home!! Wow, just wow...

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/09/12 09:41 PM

Must have been a Savage. bolt

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/09/12 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

rofl

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/09/12 10:38 PM

clap

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/09/12 10:39 PM

That is crazy, then again it is in Ontario which is bigtime French Canadian.

Posted By: sillyhorses

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/10/12 02:29 AM

I have a cabin property in Ontario, Canada, and it IS NOT illegal to own a long gun (hunting) in the province. All guns are registered by the government by law. It IS illegal to own a pistol, or a short barreled (don't know offhand length limit) rifle or shotgun, or a military style rifle. The only persons allowed handguns are law enforcement, or by special permit with very strict conditions as to locked storage, transport, and gun range shooting only. I am guessing this little girl drew a picture of a handgun, and who knows, the father could be already a suspicious character due to police intervention.
On a different side of the story -- Welcome to the LIBERAL government of canada. Anyone thinking this will never happen here in america is dreaming. One more liberal supreme court justice and we're done. Keep up the fight for our gun rights, guys.

Posted By: Mark Becker

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/10/12 07:00 AM

If things don't change soon we will be seeing this same type of regulation right here in the USA. I say vote them all out any incumbent no matter what party.

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/10/12 07:09 AM

The long gun registration that was mentioned by sillyhorses is about to come to an end. I saw a report a week or so ago that legislation has been passed to end it.

Posted By: BMD

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/10/12 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Gunslinger

rofl

rofl

Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/10/12 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
That is crazy, then again it is in Ontario which is bigtime French Canadian.

You mean Quebec is bigtime French Canadian?

scratch

I go to Ontario and Quebec a couple of times a year on business including the interior.

Posted By: kamolaw

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/10/12 07:04 PM

All guns are registered by the government by law. It IS illegal to own a pistol, or a short barreled (don't know offhand length limit) rifle or shotgun, or a military style rifle. The only persons allowed handguns are law enforcement, or by special permit with very strict conditions as to locked storage, transport, and gun range shooting only. I am guessing this little girl drew a picture of a handgun, and who knows, the father could be already a suspicious character due to police intervention.
On a different side of the story -- Welcome to the LIBERAL government of canada. Anyone thinking this will never happen here in america is dreaming. One more liberal supreme court justice and we're done. Keep up the fight for our gun rights, guys. [/quote]

Amen, if you have time to view this forum make sure you make time to go to the voting polls, we cant risk another term with the current aministration, please exercise your right to vote if you havent in the past. Make your vote count. I wouldnt make a hair on a politician's rump but am a strong believer in our election process. Flawed as it may be it is still the model for the rest of the world to envy and in most cases, hate. We are a great nation...lets do all we can to keep it that way. (no political fees were paid for this ad) flag

Posted By: oulufinn

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/11/12 02:26 PM

Canada just struck down their long gun registration, so they're moving in the right direction, but this case shows how far they've fallen.

We can use their losses of rights as a warning of what could happen here. Stay alert. The antis will never stop trying.

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/11/12 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: oulufinn
Canada just struck down their long gun registration, so they're moving in the right direction, but this case shows how far they've fallen.

We can use their losses of rights as a warning of what could happen here. Stay alert. The antis will never stop trying.

True just heard this am that Obama has quietly raised over 150 million for his campaign while the republican candidates are spending millions slugging it out before the one goes against Obama. It is worrying me this time, hope no one sits this one out by not voting.

Posted By: Tkeough

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/12/12 01:59 PM

I'm from Canada... Our gun laws suck!!!

As for handguns, you need a 'restricted firearms' permit to own one, must contact the local police when you obtain one, and get special permits from them allowing you to transport it directly from your place to an approved range, no stopping. Since where I'm from is 8.5 hours from an 'approved range', I've never held a handgun until moving to Texas.

I love USA gun laws!! And thanks for havin me! grin

Posted By: Texasbdog

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/12/12 02:13 PM

Ya, they don't like guns in Canada. Many years ago we were going from Detroit to Niagra falls and decided to go through Canada. The customs lady ask the usual questions,and ask do you have a gun, I said sure I do, she ask" What kind of gun" a .44 mag, " is it loaded" I told her of course it's loaded , she ask if I had a permit and I told her no( before ccl was issued), we carry 'em on our hips in Texas, she wasn't ammused and I was denied access.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/12/12 02:24 PM

Posted By: Tkeough

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/12/12 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasotbred

Haha, love it!!

Posted By: Kingpin

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/12/12 03:57 PM

Tkeough - Welcome to the Great State of Texas!

Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/12/12 09:57 PM

sadly enough thats what this world is coming to. its ridiculous

Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/12/12 11:27 PM

bang Morons!

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/13/12 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Tkeough
I'm from Canada... Our gun laws suck!!!

As for handguns, you need a 'restricted firearms' permit to own one, must contact the local police when you obtain one, and get special permits from them allowing you to transport it directly from your place to an approved range, no stopping. Since where I'm from is 8.5 hours from an 'approved range', I've never held a handgun until moving to Texas.

I love USA gun laws!! And thanks for havin me! grin

Tkeough first off... Welcome to Texas what took you so long to get here! and thanks for your post kinda puts things into a much better perspective when hearing it straight from a guy thats been there done that and got the hat. smile

Posted By: passthru

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/13/12 03:04 PM

This will happen here at some point. And all the NRA haters will share in the big sheet sandwich we will all have to take a bite of when it happens.

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/13/12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
This will happen here at some point. And all the NRA haters will share in the big sheet sandwich we will all have to take a bite of when it happens.

I understand your frustration but dont give in to the anti-gun, anti-hunter media driven mislead sheep waiting for slaughter. We have to stand and be counted to keep our hunting and gun rights and it is a fight worth fighting for. Brother I hope I simply misunderstood your comment and if so I apologize but I wont take a bite...

Posted By: piney woods hunter

Re: Father Arrested Because Daughter Drew Picture of Gun - 03/14/12 02:00 AM

tkeough glad to have a fellow hunter and gun owner here with us in texas, tell all u can what its like in canada and why we must fight for it not to happen here thanks for speaking up i looked into hunting bear in canada but chose minnesota as to not support the goverment in canada, have hunted right on the border and have got along well and liked all canadaion outdoor men and women i met

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum