Texas Hunting Forum

Everyone needs to see this

Posted By: sanddragger

Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 03:51 AM

I decided to post it here because. You can never be to safe.

http://dishhead.home.insightbb.com/leg.html

Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 04:03 AM

Will check it out then.

Posted By: oneshotonekill

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 06:01 AM

I clicked it its safe...and holy crap!! Dude, I have a Kimber 1911, and could not imagine how it must have felt shooting yourself in the leg with it!!! DUDE!! YOU FREAKIN SHOT YOURSELF IN THE LEG WITH A RICOCHET' .45!!! I am not comin anywhere you man!! lol..sorry had to say it but I bet ya learned your lesson...the one you already knew, just needed a stiff reminder!! hope all heals well!! Did that break the bone or miss it? didnt look like it got it but I aint no doctor either...sorry bout your luck tho!

Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 06:23 AM

Just wanted to bump this up. This is a MUST read! A few gruesome photos for the squeamish.

But, reading the accounts and seeing the pictures of how this guy shot himself with a very large bullet will make you think the next time you handle your weapon.

Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 10:54 AM

great post, thanks!

Posted By: Pete

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 11:32 AM

Sanddragger, thanks for reminding us all, and we hope all is well with you. I admire you for telling it like it is and not trying to blame the gun. Most accidents are from negligence as we all know but not everyone will fess up to the truth of the accident. Good luck man, and take care of that leg.

Posted By: daulongranch

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 11:45 AM

Thanks for posting this. I sent it to all my friends and family that have firearms.

Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 01:12 PM

Thanks for posting...it is a sharp reminder

Posted By: 280AI

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 01:26 PM

Good thing you are alive. Maybe everyone could learn from this.

Posted By: slayden457

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 01:31 PM

wow. Now i am going to check my gun at least 5 times before i do anything to it........geeeeez

Posted By: jjbrown

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 02:13 PM

WoW!!!

Posted By: gary75758

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 03:33 PM

I feel his pain, it's hard to look at but it needs to been seen, can't be too careful

Posted By: highlonesome1

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 03:45 PM

gnarly

Posted By: bbinford

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 06:07 PM

You're tougher than me!

Posted By: topmark

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 07:03 PM

Thanks, sent to both my boys.

Posted By: LuckyDucker

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 01/31/08 07:24 PM

Umm, sure it's good info, but why is this in the classified ad section?

Posted By: jdcotten

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 02/01/08 02:31 AM

I don't know what all places he put it but, i for one, am glad he put it here because, i don't visit the other sections of this website. Sir, i thank god for your second chance and i'm sure you do to. May this stir up everyone and reiterate the importance of checking and rechecking your firearm. For this reason, I check and recheck my firearms before dropping the hammer. I unload all of my firearms before i put them up except for one. But, I know that one day i'm going to have my head up my rear and i'm going to forget to. That is why I even check the one's that i have supposedly unloaded. I want to thank you for sharing your unfortunate experience and hope everything goes well.

Posted By: texas archer

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 02/03/08 01:21 AM

I've passed this link on to all the people I know that have guns but don't come on here where they would see it. Pray that all is going well with the recovery.

Posted By: Seadog

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 02/03/08 07:38 AM

A really good post!!! I appreciate the reminder. All of us need to be reminded from time to time of the dangers of negligence. We tend to do things so many times we tend to be complacent and ignore the risks until something happens. Thank God you are still alive and able to remind us!!! Thank you again sir for your post!!!

Posted By: HOF

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 02/03/08 04:17 PM

It took guts to make this honest and candid post. Makes one think.....

Thank you.

Posted By: cajundave

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 02/04/08 03:48 AM

A lifetime of safety can be ruined by a second of absent mindedness. It could happen to any of us. Good post and good lesson!

Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 02/04/08 06:57 AM

damn

Posted By: janie

Re: Everyone needs to see this - 02/04/08 02:08 PM

Thank God your alive and thank you for sharing this. I lost a cousin who failed to check the chamber. Firearm safety just can't be stressed enough.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum