Texas Hunting Forum

Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ?

Posted By: TigerCobra

Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/29/11 09:26 PM

I was thinking about going to the ft worth gun show this weekend I have never been to a gun show and I'm looking to buy a mossberg 590A1 can yall please tell me if they sell guns at the gun show cheaper then buds guns shop online ?

Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/29/11 09:27 PM

here lately no

Posted By: scattergun

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/29/11 11:05 PM

Cheaper from Bud's. Save the gas money and gate cost. Give it to a local for FFL processing. Gun shows have been taken over by thieves.

Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/29/11 11:52 PM

I've never bought at a gun show because they always seem so high!

Posted By: Beagledad

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/30/11 12:00 AM

You may find what looks to be a deal....but if there is an issue with your purchase try and find the person.

Like the other guys mentioned, buy from a FFL that will appreciate you as a customer and not just another buck in their pocket.

Buds has been good for a while, and you don't have to pay $8.00 to walk into their door.

Just my .02 flag

Posted By: dapenko

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/30/11 12:51 AM

If you take your time you can find deals at the gun show but it will most likely be from an individual and not a FFL holder/dealer.

Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/30/11 12:58 AM

Support the local gun dealers because if you have any problems they will fix it 100% of the time. Plus you get to drink their coffee while you wait.....

Buy local and buy often!

Posted By: SwampHunterFw

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/30/11 01:31 AM

how do i get the gun if i wanna buy it off buds online

Posted By: TigerCobra

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 12/30/11 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: SwampHunterFw
how do i get the gun if i wanna buy it off buds online
. You have it shipped to a local FFL dealer

Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 01/02/12 12:58 PM

Years ago, when attended mostly by hunters and weekend traders
they were great...I've attended and sold in them locally for the
past 40yrs..Recently, I'd as soon buy from the Gun Club and pay
percent over jobber..which is near retail once you pay shipping
and tax..

My son and I attended the one that is apparently from Houston and
comes to the Expo Ctr at the San Antonio Harry Freeman Ctr..It has a lot of tables which one of my buds said costs $70 a day..
Most of the prices were retail or above and were retail dealers
I'd hunt trades on the net, or at your local gun club..DD

Posted By: MGS82

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 01/02/12 05:32 PM

Only thing the gun shows are good for now is to put your hands on something that you have been looking for to see if you like it or not. You can find just about everything at the shows but the prices are ridiculous and all over the place.

Then go to your favorite local shop and buy...

Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 01/03/12 02:51 PM

X 2. well said and if your are in the market for a certain gun, its worth 8 bucks.

Originally Posted By: MGS82
Only thing the gun shows are good for now is to put your hands on something that you have been looking for to see if you like it or not. You can find just about everything at the shows but the prices are ridiculous and all over the place.

Then go to your favorite local shop and buy...

Posted By: JCB

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 01/03/12 02:56 PM

For new guns I think the prices are quite a bit better than you will find in retail stores and most gun shops. For used guns you would be better off watching the classifieds here on THF.

Posted By: jeepthing

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 01/03/12 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT
Support the local gun dealers because if you have any problems they will fix it 100% of the time. Plus you get to drink their coffee while you wait.....

Buy local and buy often!

+100, Alway's support locals when possible. Saving a few dollars is great, but when the local shop goes out of business, you will miss them!

I'm a local business, and it drives me crazy when people want to compare my prices to some unknown architectural firm that they find online. They like me, my personal attention, and they like that I'm only a phone call away. I also meet personally with every client, around their schedule, and at the jobsite. When I ask if the other company does all those things for their "discounted" price, and so far, the answer has always been no. Hmmmm . . . . .

Sorry for that small rant, but wanted to say that. If you have a gun shop within a reasonable distance, go check their prices. Pay a few bucks more 1 time. But keep the local guy in business. You'll like that personal service when you want work done, repairs made, accessories, trade in's, advice, gunsmithing, etc . . . . . Besides the fact that you don't have to ship your gun out of state, for who knows how long?

Buy local, it pays off!!

Posted By: Schanz

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 01/03/12 04:39 PM

I don't get what everyone means by 'local'. Everyone I've met at the gunshows in Midland were from somewhere in west Texas. And most were small gunshop owners or FFL holders that worked out of their house.

If you're really concerned about buying local, quit buying Chinese optics and go with Redfield or Leupold.

Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 01/03/12 04:59 PM

I think all of this can go both ways. I had been researching for a particular purchase I wanted to make. Yes, Bud's had a very good price. However, I found the exact gun I wanted at the gun show this weekend from a local dealer and got it cheaper than I found it anywhere else. My thought is that you have to do your homework and know what you want and what it goes for. Without that you have no idea where the market is or whether you got it for the lowest price possible. There are both good and bad local and internet dealers....and neither has cornered the market 100% of the time on pricing. At least with an established local dealer I have a door to go knock on...

Posted By: jeepthing

Re: Ft.Worth Gun show gun prices ? - 01/03/12 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Schanz
I don't get what everyone means by 'local'.

Can't speak for everyone else, but what I meant was this:

When you buy at Gun Shows, or Online at places like Bud's, what will you do when you need warrantee work done? Or replacement parts? Or accessories that you want to look at or test fit in person before you buy.

If you have a local (meaning a storefront within 20 miles or so?) gun shop buy from him, order thru him, and use him for services. Keep that guy in business. It pays off when you need something done immediately and can't wait on online customer service, or the guy at the gun show that you can't find 3 months later.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum