Texas Hunting Forum

rut already?

Posted By: txhunter1010

rut already? - 11/07/11 02:14 PM

a guy on our place shot a really nice 10 saturday morning and a spike sunday. both of the deer's rear glands and legs are soaking wet. We are in Coryell county just wondering if anyone else has seen in rut activity in that area? West Coryell almost to Evant

Posted By: Czechaholic

Re: rut already? - 11/07/11 02:24 PM

Hunt in Henderson County....It is on there!

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: rut already? - 11/07/11 03:43 PM

Erath county rut is in high gear.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: rut already? - 11/07/11 03:45 PM

Leon is in full swing

Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: rut already? - 11/07/11 03:54 PM

Haven't seen any chasing yet in Northern Brown county. Shouldn't be long though!

Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: rut already? - 11/07/11 04:13 PM

well with this other cool frotn coming in this week it may really take off..... deer2

Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: rut already? - 11/07/11 04:23 PM

haven't seen evidence here in tom green co, but as stated, maybed this next front will get'em going!

Posted By: TCB

Re: rut already? - 11/07/11 04:32 PM

I was out by Iraan this weekend and saw a couple fighting, but no real signs of rutting activity. It typically cranks up around Thanksgiving.

Posted By: Huntalot

Re: rut already? - 11/07/11 05:14 PM

No signs of anything but pre-rut by the Jr High aged pursuers. (minor sparring by young deer and chasing by young deer - does totally NOT interested).

Posted By: Tatsun

Re: rut already? - 11/09/11 07:58 PM

Palo Pinto County the are chasing big time!

Posted By: chargercody

Re: rut already? - 11/09/11 08:45 PM

Saw lots of mature and young bucks chasing does in Mason.

Posted By: smackindoes

Re: rut already? - 11/09/11 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid

I'm in Patillo and I Guess all the deer on our place are gay!! the bucks are all still hangin out together!!

Posted By: 10pointdoe

Re: rut already? - 11/09/11 09:11 PM

I was north of event a little ways over the weekend and it hadnt started then

Posted By: bowhunter42

Re: rut already? - 11/09/11 09:25 PM

I was just driving home from work and saw 2 diff mature bucks a couple miles apart from each other chasing does. Of course these are city deer. North side of San Antonio.

Posted By: BYPATHofNIGHT

Re: rut already? - 11/09/11 10:16 PM

Nolan county last week-end, got to watch a couple of young bucks getting it on (fighting, I mean) under my feeder.

Posted By: ETXbuckman

Re: rut already? - 11/09/11 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: smackindoes

I'm in Patillo and I Guess all the deer on our place are gay!! the bucks are all still hangin out together!!

Them gay ones are the ones you really want to get out of your herd. If you don't pretty soon they'll be wearing fashionable baling twine on their racks and demanding special "rights" from the other deer.

Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 12:25 AM

Bandera County is full blown, I watched 2 big 8pts fight for 3 minutes straight. I thought they were locked up because they never parted for the full 3 minutes. A big 10pt came in and stole the hot doe.

Posted By: Jack Todd

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 12:28 AM

our place its just starting. i wouldnt call it high gear

Posted By: 10pointdoe

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 12:42 AM

was that 10 named ....Cain

nah, he'd deny it

Posted By: JonesFisher

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 12:54 AM

Fisher County, Just watched a nice wide 12 breed a doe. He came out about 5:20 and pushed 4 young bucks away from a doe they were trailing, he chased the doe around for nearly an hour, she would stop and every few minutes squat and wait for him to get close then take off nearly in circles, the buck would stop and check out the spot then he was right back after her, went on for about 50 minutes before finally she let him catch her. The whole time several does followed them around. The younger bucks put on a good show of theyre own, following them, but not too close and sparring every few minutes, you could tell the were a little frusterated.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 01:05 AM

Watched 3 bucks last Sunday am work the same scrape. The only actual chasing I have seen was 2 weeks prior to opening weekend, and that was by a mature buck following a mature doe.

Not high gear from what I have seen but you can count on any doe that comes in cycle early has no problem finding willing bucks. With the cool front and full moon I would think it is about to cu loose bigtime if it hasn't already. Will report tomorrow on what I see as I will be out there before daylight tomorrow in eastland or Callahan county haven't decided which place to hunt tomorrow yet

Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 02:13 AM

I havent seen it started here in Rains county. According to all the guides online, the rut in my area is supposed to be in full swing right now, but the bucks Ive seen have not been chasing and only seem mildly interested in a doe. Still saw bucks in small groups a week ago. So, not sure when its supposed to be on.

Posted By: clharr

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 02:42 AM

It's starting here in San Saba. I had a great time watching all the deer running around this morning and afternoon. So far I have only seen younger bucks chasing, hopefully tomorrow the big boys will step out.

Posted By: MamaJodie

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 04:12 AM

Parker County in full swing!!

Posted By: KG68

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 04:22 AM

Kinda sorta in Mills County.

Posted By: stuko

Re: rut already? - 11/10/11 01:55 PM

They are chasing big time in Olney, TX. Had an 11 point on a dead sprint to the does last wknd. Wouldn't stop to give me a shot.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum