Texas Hunting Forum

765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma

Posted By: WileyCoyote

765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 04:46 PM

Channel K-10, the NBC affilate in Sherman, just did a film clip on their Noon News about a huge hog taken by a Cross Bow hunter while deer hunting this last weekend. The hunter said he thought it was a cow coming thru the brush towards the plowed field he was hunting over out of a ladder stand. The hunter hit the hog twice from the stand, and with his last arrow hit the hog again with a double lung shot off the ground from short range when the hog got up to attack as the hunter approached the wounded hog. The clip showed the hog suspended from a front end loader's bucket at full vertical extension and was considerably longer than the 6' tall hunter. The clip also showed a spokes person from OF&G I think it was commenting on all the damage to crops and wildlife by hogs and the need to eradicate them.
Ron

Posted By: Lazy L

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 05:00 PM

I wanna see that pic!

Posted By: trapperjustin

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 05:03 PM

Domestic hog gone wild . Has to be

Posted By: Bob in TX

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 05:10 PM

What TJ said..........

Posted By: TAT

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 05:13 PM

Finding a pig that big in the wild is nearly unheard of! Not saying it cant happen but the odds are low. I cant wait to see the pics.

Posted By: dee

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: TAT
Finding a pig that big in the wild is nearly unheard of! Not saying it cant happen but the odds are low. I cant wait to see the pics.

Even more so in this drought.

Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 05:59 PM

Ya'll go pull up the story online at the TV station's website...that's why I listed the source of the story I saw about an hour ago.

Yes there was some comment on a possibilty/probability that the critter was either escaped domestic raised, or born to an escaped domestic hog. The hog was mostly black with white bands or large patch's across the body.

Either way, one camera angle showed a lower right? cutter that looked exceptionally long, and then another camera angle with the lips down in a normal head on position and both the top & bottom cutters were umm I'm guessing prolly exposed 3-4"s or better. Never did see anyone with a tape measure or hear an explanation of how they weighed the hog or where in Oklahoma the hog was killed ...just a continual voice over by the talking head of "Gollleee...that sure is a Biiig Hog".

Understand, the total length of the film clip including all the interviews was prolly only 3 minutes of on air time....and I am staring almost speechless at the TV screen with my wife of 42 years yakking the whole time trying to tell me what to look at...as per normal! I hope the website has more film of this porker and a lot less grinning Aw Shucks face time & talking by the people on screen!
Ron

Posted By: J.R.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:13 PM

Story is on Field & Stream online, too. BIG hog!!

Posted By: txshntr

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:16 PM

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2011/10/oklahoma-bowhunter-brings-down-800-pound-hog

Big pig for sure

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:23 PM

ya thats a bruiser for sure!

Posted By: JJSeabrook

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:29 PM

That sucker is HUGE!!!

Posted By: rsquared

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:33 PM

that looks suspiciously like a farm hog that escaped

specifically, it looks just like the hampshire hogs i used to raise..

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:39 PM

I like how it attacked him drink7

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:47 PM

I was expecting see a pic of Rosie O'Donnell peep

Posted By: J.R.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:51 PM

Sooo. you're walking to the stand at 4:30 a.m., pitch black, you're using as little light as is necessary so as not to spook any deer, and you accientally walk up on and surprise THIS thing...it snorts and whirls to charge you.

For me...the question is not "will I soil myself?" so much as a question of quantity... eek2

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I was expecting see a pic of Rosie O'Donnell peep
:rofl The hits just keep on coming.But seriously folks,those big floppy ears and round forehead are a giveaway.Farm hog escapee.Still huge though.Not sure about the "Attack"part of the story,It could be the pig smelled a candy bar in the hunters pocket.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 07:24 PM

Anyone want to debate this is a farm raised, pen type hog and not feral. Looking at the pic it sure doesn't look feral to me

Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 08:27 PM

Looks like a Hamp.
Huge hog none the less.

Posted By: djones

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 08:37 PM

Winston Brown of Rush Springs, Oklahoma faced mortality in the face of a nearly 800 pound wild hog Monday morning. Brown told KFOR-TV he knew there was a large hog in the area because of some recently discovered tracks, but that he had never seen the animal in the flesh.

That changed Monday when dawn broke. Brown was sitting in his tree stand when he saw what he initially believed to be a cow come into view. "It came up and the deer ran off."

Once Brown realized that it was a hog he shouldered his crossbow and fired. "The first arrow struck the shoulder plate," Brown explained. "He kind of grunted real loud and started popping his teeth. He turned and faced me. I think if I had been on the ground and he could have seen me, it would have probably been ugly."

It almost did get ugly when the monster porker rose from the dead when Brown made it to the ground. "When he came around that tree I shot him through both lungs, and I was headed for a tree when he went by, and he expired just on the other side of those trees," he said. "It was just me and him then."

Brown and wildlife officials believe that the 760 pound hog was probably domesticated at some time but had gone feral.

So what do you do with an animal that big? "I'm going to have him mounted and put him on the wall," Brown promised.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 08:39 PM

Brown and wildlife officials believe that the 760 pound hog was probably domesticated at some time but had gone feral.

Yeah Like last night hammer

Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: 7mag

Yeah Like last night hammer

X2. Big pig, but defiantly off someone's farm.

Posted By: dee

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 09:06 PM

Looks like a Hampshire to me.

Posted By: swmays

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 09:28 PM

Wilbur ain't coming home...

Posted By: texfork

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 09:28 PM

Feral ! But i'm sure it was exciting .I would not want to meet up with it in the darkness without a BIG gun .

Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 09:40 PM

It's a feral domesticated hog if that makes since. It's obviously wild, because they have seen the tracks and it has tusks. It looks domesticated because of the typical hamp stripe. It's either an escapee or a descendent of an escapee.

Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 09:47 PM

Hog Wash farm raised, turned loose. Dont even have feral characteristics yet. I call bs

Posted By: scattergun

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 10:01 PM

Yep.....had one about that size killed in Upshur County a couple years ago. Big stink until the guy that owned him fessed up about getting tired of feeding him to his buddys.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 10:13 PM

Wonder how many death threats this guy gets from PETA...like that kid that shot that one

Posted By: Quick Shoot Again

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 10:20 PM

I raised hogs in FFA in high school, Trust me they can and will get mean. Tame as a kitten without little pigs and meaner than evil itself with pigs. Extremely unpredictable! Course that big boy probably needed no little ones around to be mean.

Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 10:26 PM

It looks like some high school kid's FFA prize show pig.

Posted By: longone

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 10:31 PM

yorkshire-hampshire cross.. black and white puged face.. should have checked for a ring in it's snout.. farmer

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/17/11 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: trapperjustin

My sister-in-law from Oklahoma told me about it yesterday, I told her the same thing. No way a feral hog can get that big in the wild, unless someone trapped it and poured the feed to it and shot it in a pen.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 01:12 AM

Last year Nov another Hog Wash Feral. grill
Feral hog, my big pork butt.
He's gonna stuff it and put it on his mantel.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u..._tx#Post1840558

Posted By: calcreek

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 02:50 AM

That's a Hampshire!

Should be good eating anyway, I would have busted his a$$ too just for the meat. A lot of pork right there.

Posted By: blancobuster

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 03:03 AM

Who cares what it is, it was out in the wild and even if it was someones freshly escaped pig, it would have gone completely feral in a matter of weeks. Good kill and lots o meat

Posted By: NDN98

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 03:12 AM

Somebody's hamp got loose.

Posted By: jram512

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 05:33 AM

That is a farm raised hog, no doubt about it. It is rolling in fat. It has a round head. They should check the area farms to see who is missing their heard boar. This is such a joke, and it makes legit hunters look stupid.

Posted By: jram512

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 05:35 AM

I actually tried to feed out some feral hogs once. In 6 months they averaged a gain of about 50 pounds. Even with feed, there is just no way this ever came or lived in the wild more than say a week. Total BS.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: blancobuster
Who cares what it is, it was out in the wild and even if it was someones freshly escaped pig, it would have gone completely feral in a matter of weeks. Good kill and lots o meat

Who Cares? Hunters care that actually chase after wild hogs, this is a hog that was raised on the farm and then shot. Just like this deer. You tell me a deer can get this big in the wild!

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 02:27 PM

Feral or tame, I would have shot it...in the faaaace. But then again, I already give hunters a bad name. cool

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 02:44 PM

PACKER BOARS: 300-700 LBS 5.00-10.00/CWT

This weeks market price for Boar hogs @ the aucton barn.

Makes this boar in the pen not worth much. Turn him loose let a client shoot him,media coverage,all the other bs that goes with it. PRICELESS

Posted By: Family Style

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 02:47 PM

I don't see any nads so it was touched by humans some time in the past. That would make it larger I would think.

Posted By: txbobcat

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 03:02 PM

Farm Raised

Posted By: Walkabout

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 03:11 PM

That is the CLEANEST ferrel hog I have ever seen. Look at the belly and hooves. Think this big guy expired in the pen!

Posted By: Cochise

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 03:14 PM

Definitely domesticated and turned out. A boar that size would have a big ol set of boys on him, he doesn't have any from the way the pic looks. I call bs

Posted By: Justin T

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Rockinmyshoe
Hog Wash farm raised, turned loose. Dont even have feral characteristics yet. I call bs

I call BS on your feral characteristics line. A pig doesn't change his body type because he gets out of a pen. But I agree, he does look like a domestic pig, but you can't tell how long the thing has been out of a pen.

Posted By: cameron00

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 03:59 PM

I love people that don't understand what "feral" means.

If that pig was in the wild on its own when it was shot, it was, by definition, feral.

There is no such thing as a "feral characteristic".

Posted By: redriverpigger

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 04:56 PM

Looks like he has been castrated also.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 05:17 PM

So what are we calling this??Feral or domestic? I'm going with doemstic

Posted By: passthru

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 05:22 PM

Delicious! food

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Delicious! food

don't think so barf

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 05:41 PM

If you ever get a chance to see a National Geographic Documentary call "Hog Genius" this will show what I reference Feral hog charactoristics. A domestic hog with completely change his snout bone structure to elongate the bone in his snout to strengthen his rootin abilities in the wild and brought back in to a domestic set will restructure his snout to become more domestic looking. Below is the only section I could find that refered to this transition.

watched a NGC special on hogs this morning. It was titled Hog Genius and gave the history of hogs/pigs. It gave a lot of detail on the changes a hog goes through when it goes wild (feral). Good insight for the hog hunters out there.
One of the more interesting things is that a pigs skull actually changes once it goes wild (kind of a shovel head) and can even go back to a scooped snout when it is domesticated again.

This was the characteristic of a feral hog that i was talking about and the hair coat becomes heavier and coarse when the become feral.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 7mag
Originally Posted By: passthru
Delicious! food

don't think so barf

Castrated and corn fed? You aint never raised pigs friend.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 05:46 PM

but this is a feral swine Gary

Posted By: Justin T

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:09 PM

If you ever get a chance to see a National Geographic Documentary call "Hog Genius" this will show what I reference Feral hog charactoristics. A domestic hog with completely change his snout bone structure to elongate the bone in his snout to strengthen his rootin abilities in the wild and brought back in to a domestic set will restructure his snout to become more domestic looking. Below is the only section I could find that refered to this transition.

watched a NGC special on hogs this morning. It was titled Hog Genius and gave the history of hogs/pigs. It gave a lot of detail on the changes a hog goes through when it goes wild (feral). Good insight for the hog hunters out there.
One of the more interesting things is that a pigs skull actually changes once it goes wild (kind of a shovel head) and can even go back to a scooped snout when it is domesticated again.

This was the characteristic of a feral hog that i was talking about and the hair coat becomes heavier and coarse when the become feral.

We can agree to disagree. Over many generations, from both interbreeding and adaptations, hogs will change their snout. There is no way a pig will change his bone structure depending on whether he is in a pen or not. A hog cannot just decide to have a longer snout anymore than you can. I don't get webbed feet if I swim more, not do I get wings if I flap my arms.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Justin T

We can agree to disagree. Over many generations, from both interbreeding and adaptations, hogs will change their snout. There is no way a pig will change his bone structure depending on whether he is in a pen or not. A hog cannot just decide to have a longer snout anymore than you can. I don't get webbed feet if I swim more, not do I get wings if I flap my arms.

This man is correct.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:13 PM

I'm referring to Justin T, in case that was confusing.

A hog doesn't change its physical characteristics just because it escapes (is feral). That's completely false.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:26 PM

That hog may have been feral a week. But I would lay odds he was still being slopped.

Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:29 PM

No animal can change its bone structure to adapt. A species can change over time through natural selection but no single animal can change itself like that.

Posted By: possom813

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:31 PM

This was posted on TexasBoars last week and one of the members there(hogcaller) sent this email to KSWO Channel 7, and the response he received.

I can neither confirm or deny

Edit to add the link to the video

http://www.kswo.com/category/168869/7-ne...redirected=true

Originally Posted By: hogcaller
I even went as far as sendin Channel 7 an email:

I saw the story of the 760 lbs hogzilla and couldn't help but notice a few flaws in information. I have hunted wild hogs for over 15 years and raise commercial hogs for show almost all of my life. I also have a pre-vet/animal science degree from Texas Tech University and I am an Ag/Science teacher at a local high school. First off, the hog pictured is 100% pure hampshire which is a domestic swine breed. It has a very distinct white belt and black body. Furthermore, the head on a doemstic hog consists of a shorter snout, which this hog possesses. Wild hogs through genetic evolution have a longer snout and dished bottom jaw. This helps them dig and root in the wild for food. Domestic hogs don't have this because the are farm raised and do not have to root for food. The hog pictured clearly has a short snout. Secondly, you reported that farm raised pigs have had their teeth clipped and do not grow tusks. Wrong again! Baby pigs' needle teeth are cut to prevent them from injuring the mother's tetes and keep them from chewing the other pigs tails and ears. As the hog matures the baby teeth are shed and they grow new teeth. I have the skull of a domestic hog that my family raised that died at 4 years of age. As a baby this hog's teeth were clipped.......the skull has huge cutters. So, your statement holds no water! The bottom line is that this pig was more than likely released into the wild from a farm. Wild hogs just don't get this big in our area because there isn't that much to eat. I hope this clears up some of the falsities in your story.

And the reply from Channel 7

Originally Posted By: Channel 7
Hi from 7News...yes, we are looking at the other side of the story, as a neighbor called to say the hog was from her property nearby, trying to talk with authorites in Grady County about taking reports they have taken at the property, will try to present the other side soon! Thanks for your expertise and lending it to us--stay tuned!

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: rsquared

Yup....what he said....IMO "professional Hog hunting" opinion, this is confused2 bs

I believe we should consult.....THE DOCTOR...Oh...Doctor? Paging Dr. Jones....Dr. DJones please come to the bs area!!!! Dr. Jones!!!? rofl cheers

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:34 PM

Told ya they shot Wilbur!!!!!

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 06:37 PM

Like I said "Delicious" food

Posted By: Armalite260

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Originally Posted By: rsquared

Yup....what he said....IMO "professional Hog hunting" opinion, this is confused2 bs

I believe we should consult.....THE DOCTOR...Oh...Doctor? Paging Dr. Jones....Dr. DJones please come to the bs area!!!! Dr. Jones!!!? rofl cheers

Classic!! LMAO!!!! rofl

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 08:54 PM

ok gents, i got the page. need to clear up a couple of things first...

Originally Posted By: RandyWood
I don't see any nads so it was touched by humans some time in the past. That would make it larger I would think.
There are several people here on the thf that could be guilty of touching this pig's nads. You know who you are and I expect one of you to either fess up or "finger" the guilty party.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
I love people that don't understand what "feral" means.

If that pig was in the wild on its own when it was shot, it was, by definition, feral.

cameron got it right, however, that leads us to the question, what is "in the wild". That, as defined in the thf rulebook, means..."any pig that is outside of the pen...". There is a caveat to the general rule, however, which translates to... if the gate to the pen is open, that constitutes "constructively feral", which means even if he didn't exit the pen, he could have, and therefore may be shot in the faaaace inside the pen and still be considered feral. Just drag him outside as quickly as possible and for God's sake don't take any pics of him inside the pen.

Posted By: swmays

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 09:08 PM

Wrong! EastTXHunter300 exhibits feral characteristics when in Dallas. So I hear...

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/18/11 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Justin T

One of the more interesting things is that a pigs skull actually changes once it goes wild (kind of a shovel head)
and can even go back to a scooped snout when it is domesticated again.

This man is correct.

I love this forum. I only have faith that National Geographic Documentary personel did there homework, I will agree to disagree until i can verify what was reported in the segment. I obviousley (sp} wasnt the only person to hear this.I have raised alot of hogs in my lifetime and it was a shocker to me to hear that the could adapt to being feral and grow a longer snout for rooting to survive in the woods. But even more surprized when the statement was made that they could adapt back to a shorter snout if put back in a domestic surroundings.
Thanks i have enjoyed milkin this guys great adventure...as 7mag says shootin Wilbur lol444

Posted By: redriverpigger

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/19/11 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski

Originally Posted By: trapperjustin

My sister-in-law from Oklahoma told me about it yesterday, I told her the same thing. No way a feral hog can get that big in the wild, unless someone trapped it and poured the feed to it and shot it in a pen.

Agreed! I can remember reading somewhere that it take a pig app. 5 generations to begin showing all of the ferel instincts.
They have to learn and then teach their offspring how to forage and survive.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/19/11 03:43 AM

that pig was fresh out the pen! if not he would have lost weight like no other in the wild! probably would have have killed by other wild pigs! no matter what his weight!

Posted By: Vern1

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/19/11 11:11 PM

If they get out of the pen while they are young and their bones are still soft, they can turn into "postoak rooters" as Grandpaw used to call them.
He used to also say you could bury a coke standing up and they could drink to the bottom with their long snout...may he rest in peace!

Probably more from not getting the required fat producing foods as they don't have mom's milk, feed trough or slop and getting "skinny" from trying to survive.
As an adult hog, I find it hard to believe they can change back and forth and it's probably a gain or loss of fatty tissue on their skull as they eat better in a pen and not so good as ferals.

No matter, that's a big ole pig!

Posted By: Aboud

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/19/11 11:53 PM

Don't know about y'all but I woulda shot him if I was in a tree and he walked by. That is if I hadn't already seen the MISSING sign on the corner telephone pole.the hunter obviously admitted that he suspected it was domestic so why all the fuss.

Posted By: Curtis

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/19/11 11:55 PM

Looks like something I would shoot and just SSS. JMHO.

Well, that might require too much shoveling, so I would have to borrow my neighbors backhoe.

Posted By: WnJBrown

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 01:55 AM

Okay, now a year has passed, and the opinions have varied on this story. I am not a collage grad nor am I an idiot. I have hunted for about thirty years, but it has been deer, bobcats, dove, coyotes, and hogs. I do have my facts. 1-Feral is this in Oklahoma Feral hogs are defined as any hogs, including Russian and European wild boar, which are running at large and whose owners are unknown. In the case where the hog's owner is known, the hog will be defined as feral five days after escaping confinement. If notice is provided to adjacent landowners within those five days, the hog shall not be considered feral for an additional 10 days. That is straight off of their site. 2-It had it "boys"! No casturation...the pictures show them. 3-It's clean in the pictures because I washed the blood and stinch off, would you like to see those pictures. The cutters are in tact, no notched ears and hair is thick and coarse. This corn fed piggy was on his way to my deer feeder, so you can say he's corn fed. For those who would pictures to solve their questions, just asked. I hunt for enjoyment and a hog this size is a danger and destructive. If hogs weren't a problem in our area why has hog hunting grown so fast, why are farmers in this area signing on to a directory that matches the farmers with hog hunters to help with the problem. Everyone has an opinion. Wild/Feral hogs come in ALL colors, brown and black are the most common, but they come in all colors. I haven't heard of anyone claiming it to be their pet or even missing one and I'm sure one like this they would have been trying to find and with it making the news I think I would have been contacted, but one never knows. But I know that several farmers around this area had a problem with hogs, but in the last year it's gotten alot better. I have learned alot about hogs over the past year...and honestly I can say, true hunters hunt for sport. I was in my stand deer hunting that morning not hog hunting, and that hog was huge, with the fog I thought at first it was a cow. We did weigh it in, at the local co-op, the truck gas tank was topped off about three blocks from the co-op before weighing with the hog and before weighing without. That way we got an accurate weight. And the local game warden was called out. I have enjoyed the past year and the good and bad comments. But for those who want to see the hog for themselves, go to Sutherlands in Lawton, OK. the head is displayed there. Make your own decision. Also, we did send off a 4x4 patch cut from the back for testing. We are still waiting for the info on it. Any other questions send me and e-mail I'll do my best answers any questions and if I have a picture of what is in question I will send it to you. Thanks, Winston

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 01:59 AM

And the comment I made was "it could have been domestic at one time." please quote me correctly if you would like to try and repeat my words. I wasn't there when he was conceived or when he was born, and no one seems to know where he came from.

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 02:07 AM

Sorry forgot to give e-mail WnJnParadise@yahooo.com. thanks again.
Posted By: TXHogger

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 02:21 AM

one thing there is no arguing over is that sucker is big
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 02:51 AM

What a massive piggy. Can't believe you thought it was a cow though....I'd have thought it was a Buick.
Posted By: Mohawg

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 12:56 PM

Farm Pig.
Posted By: senko86

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 04:26 PM

He's got it with a crossbow though... Don't count peep
Posted By: Txkiller

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 04:32 PM

Big pig, but not sure if its pure feral. Folks that kill something this big should take multiple pics with different angles.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 09:35 PM

Darn, just checked the map, my place is only about 35 miles from Rush Springs!
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: J.R.
Sooo. you're walking to the stand at 4:30 a.m., pitch black, you're using as little light as is necessary so as not to spook any deer, and you accientally walk up on and surprise THIS thing...it snorts and whirls to charge you.

For me...the question is not "will I soil myself?" so much as a question of quantity... eek2

Won't get me! Not unless I miss all the tree branches on the way back down too!
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/14/12 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Originally Posted By: blancobuster

Who Cares? Hunters care that actually chase after wild hogs, this is a hog that was raised on the farm and then shot. Just like this deer. You tell me a deer can get this big in the wild!

This deer was killed at Wilderness Whitetails in Wisconsin and weighed 420 lbs. Yes, it is a high fenced property...but those northern deer really can get that heavy.

The world record for heaviest whitetail deer ever killed was approx. 525 lbs (killed in Minnesota I believe).
Posted By: kmon11

Re: 765 lb Hog killed in Oklahoma - 10/15/12 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer

The world record for heaviest whitetail deer ever killed was approx. 525 lbs (killed in Minnesota I believe).

Wasn't that one killed in Maine? The James Jordan 10pt that was the #1 typical for many years was killed in Wisconsin or Minnesota forget which now but pretty sure it was not high fenced in the early 1900s. Those deer do get big
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum