Texas Hunting Forum

DFW Gun Range ???

Posted By: udamdan

DFW Gun Range ??? - 11/25/07 05:34 PM

Is there a indoor/outdoor gun range near Desoto or south of Dallas ?

Thanks

Posted By: cajundave

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 11/25/07 06:02 PM

There is one in Arlington. It's a way though.

Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 11/25/07 06:47 PM

I used to live in Duncanville. We always went to Alpine in Fort Worth off of Forest Hills and 20. That's the only one that I know of. They have 5 stand skeet, do it yourself clays, 100 yd rifle and pistol ranges. All outdoor.

Posted By: slipshot

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 11/25/07 11:09 PM

There is Elm Fork in Irving........good place with good folks. They can take care of your every need.........rifle or shotgun. Its off Luna nort of 114.

Posted By: udamdan

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 11/26/07 09:25 AM

Thanks ya'll

Posted By: bankbeater

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 11/26/07 03:50 PM

I don't know if it is still open or not, but there was an indoor range in Duncanville on Cedar Ridge just south of Big Stone Gap. I believe it was called Bullseye or something like that.
I also remember a place just outside of Red Oak off of 35 between Red Oak and Waxahachie but cannot remember the name. Many, many years since I have been to either place.

Posted By: Arenachuter

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 12/18/07 05:27 AM

Alpine Gun Range AWSOME But they say it can get a bit crowded the day i went i shot for 3 hrs and lots of Benches open , Rifle Pistol Ranges , Trap,Skeet, Archery, Gun Shop , Hunting Supplies All on the Site

Posted By: soonerdg

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 12/18/07 02:52 PM

Arlington Sportsman's club. It's a membership deal but it's pretty reasonable. At least it used to be, they may have raised the annual fee. It's north of old downtown Mansfield.

Posted By: DTE

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 12/20/07 12:25 AM

Alpine can get crowded on the weekends, during the week it is fine or once deer season starts there is usually open lanes...

Posted By: passthru

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 12/20/07 12:32 AM

Quote:

Arlington Sportsman's club. It's a membership deal but it's pretty reasonable. At least it used to be, they may have raised the annual fee. It's north of old downtown Mansfield.

It's still reasonable and a great club that offers 5 stand, sporting clays, trap, skeet and a do it yourself bird thrower. It has rifle shooting out to 200 yards and rifle and pistol ranges to suit most any shooter. There are several types of competative shooting matches and a 3D archery range. There are plenty of good folks who lend you the help and advice you might need and it is an outstanding value. There may be a waiting list, there was when I joined, but it was worth the wait.

Posted By: Letsgo

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 12/21/07 02:38 AM

I believe the rifle range at Elm Fork is still closed due to the floods last year. There is a public range in Garland.

Posted By: Cool_Hand

Re: DFW Gun Range ??? - 12/21/07 03:00 AM

I'm a charter/lifetime member at DeSoto Gun Club. What are you wanting to do? Rifle/pistol/shotgun?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum