Texas Hunting Forum

Dead Cat

Posted By: Brother in-law

Dead Cat - 06/06/11 04:41 PM

Long story short, I found a dead house cat in my well groomed neighborhood. We do have an occasional wild animal but havent seen one in a while.
In my opinion the cut looked like it was intentional and almost to perfect. Some how we found the second half, or body, about 100 yards away on someones front lawn. Still quite alot of meat left on it. Called the animal control out and he said nothing but, coyote. Scooped it up and drove off. The part of the cat looked like a shoulder mount with a perfect band.
Is this a yote that did this?

Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 04:55 PM

Sure sounds like it.
They were finding them like that in NW Hills here in Austin, same scenario.

Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 05:11 PM

Sounds to me like that "house cat" should have stayed in the house.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 05:24 PM

Would be hard to say IMO. Any other mysterious death of pets in the past? Sounds a little fishy to me. Was this a tomcat?

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 05:38 PM

I didnt check his junk to see if it was a tom. These cuts were almost surgical. There happend to be some cheetos and other trash in the near proximity. In my opinion it could have been malicous. The lawn company supervisor said they have had some other "odd" animal happenings and the guy I call to see if that was his cat said he found a head to one in his neighbors front yard.
Not doubting it could be a yote but it sure raised a flag with me. Landscape guy also said he found some upside down crosses with some devil type literature.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 05:42 PM

Sounds like it was malicious also to me. If it happens again I would get someone to look into it.

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 05:44 PM

We shall see

Next time maybe we will get an animal control guy more into his job than his lunch.

Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 08:31 PM

Don't tell me that aliens are now starting to abduct cats for experiments..... bolt

Posted By:

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 08:34 PM

Sounds like you have a pre-pubescent seriel killer on your hands. And I'm an expert....I watch Dexter.

Chupa

Posted By: Pointer

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 09:02 PM

Sounds like the cat got axed. I am no kind of a cat lover per se, but this guy needs to be caught put away and neutered so the madness stops with him.

Posted By: pdr55

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 09:10 PM

Maybe kitty got within 21' of Petiki !

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Dead Cat - 06/06/11 09:26 PM

Knowing what coyotes will do to house cats, when they catch one, they sure aren't leaving any remains around. Domestic house cats are to coyotes as candy is to kids!

Posted By: TAT

Re: Dead Cat - 06/07/11 03:17 AM

thats crazy! id keep an eye out.

Posted By: SCone

Re: Dead Cat - 06/07/11 03:48 AM

Keep on the police about incidents like this... coyotes aren't "clean" with their attacks.

Posted By: MaggieMTx

Re: Dead Cat - 06/07/11 04:00 AM

If it was a coyote, it wouldn't looks like neat clean cuts. This is human not animal & that is something to really worry about.

Posted By: Rebel.

Re: Dead Cat - 06/07/11 04:35 AM

This seems very strange to me. Don't think it's the result of coyotes or the remains would be much less and probably well picked over. Might have some shady folks passing through your neighborhood.

Posted By: blancobuster

Re: Dead Cat - 06/07/11 07:31 AM

My parents live in a nice neighborhood here in Austin. We have tons of cats killed by yotes and my mom actually watched a cat get chased up a tree by one in our yard the other morning. It sounds like some creep ball kid to me. When I was 12 or 13 there was a group of kids around my age doing this same creepy thing. They were killing peoples cats and wrapping them in duct tape...they got caught but don't remember what happened to them.

Posted By: kindall

Re: Dead Cat - 06/07/11 12:18 PM

Might be a pit. Ive seen where one cleanly snatched the hind leg off a beagle at the hip. There was a guy wanted his pit mix to retrive birds for him. It ran up to the pigeon bit it in half. Then went on its way.

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Dead Cat - 06/07/11 01:39 PM

About 14 years ago in North Carolina, something was ripping a bunch of neighborhood dogs to pieces and just leaving them in the yards. They never figured out what did it, but suspected a sick black bear.

Anyhow, this sounds like some bored, slightly deranged kids to me.

Posted By: jeepthing

Re: Dead Cat - 06/09/11 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: cameron00
Anyhow, this sounds like some bored, slightly deranged kids to me.

I agree, except that they are more than slightly deranged, and probably high.

Was it on a weekend, or a full moon? Also what city are we talking about. There are some sicko's out there for sure, I just hope they're not next door.

I'd also agree with calling the cop's!! If it happens more than once, and they ever catch the kids it'd be nice to have it all documented so the little sickies spend significant time off your neighborhood streets.

Re: Dead Cat - 06/09/11 02:09 AM

Jeepthing youll be glad to know it happend in Mckinney. It was not a pit. I have hunted my whole life and was unable to recognize what did this. I just wanted some support to my hunch from true country folk. I never took a picture

Posted By: SATX

Re: Dead Cat - 06/09/11 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: pdr55
Maybe kitty got within 21' of Petiki !

ROTFLMAO!!!! That guy was good reading while he lasted.

Posted By: jeepthing

Re: Dead Cat - 06/09/11 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Jeepthing youll be glad to know it happend in Mckinney. It was not a pit. I have hunted my whole life and was unable to recognize what did this. I just wanted some support to my hunch from true country folk. I never took a picture

Ugh, not good!! Thanks for the heads up though . . .

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum