Texas Hunting Forum

anyone seen this?

Posted By: rickey t.

anyone seen this? - 04/12/11 03:55 PM

http://www.fishgame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1272

not sure if its true or not but dont see why something like that couldnt happen

Posted By: TooLow

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/12/11 04:00 PM

Wow that's crazy but I could see it happening.

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/12/11 04:06 PM

WOW eek2

Posted By: Cavscout1968

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/12/11 04:09 PM

That was big news up here. The paper just reported a field of dead deer, so everyone assumed it was "thrill killers". As sad as it is I was glad to hear it was natural.

Still a waste of good deer.

Posted By: rickey t.

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/12/11 04:13 PM

i just found this comment on one of the links lol....the things people come up with

...Local authorities are on the look out for an elderly man sporting a long, flowing white beard. He was last seen heading north on I-43, about 1/2 mile of WI Hwy 50. Eyewitness accounts indicate that the elderly man was wearing tattered red clothing and mumbling something about a new sled and his lost "children". Mr. Svenson, operating manager of the local Fleet & Farm commented, "At first, I thought he was another drunken FIB, who had lost his way during an ice fishing party, but this guy had something special about him, like a twinkle in his eye that wasn't quite right, and he kept going on about someone named Dancer/Prancer or something like that. There's a gal who works over at the local club, Bambi, I believe her name is, but she works Friday's and Saturday's only. I've never heard of any Prancer/Dancer gal. She might be new though, as I ain't been over to the club for a month or so. I sure hope the old man is okay"...

Posted By: atvsmasher

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/13/11 06:37 PM

That is definitely crazy!

Posted By: Friction

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/13/11 06:56 PM

wow! thx for sharing.

Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/13/11 07:18 PM

Crazy stuff right there!

Posted By: 007hunter

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/13/11 07:49 PM

Obviously there are a bunch of aliens involved...they got tired of hacking up cows and have moved on to deer...

Lightning..yeah right...

Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/13/11 08:01 PM

wtf

Posted By: topher31

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/13/11 08:27 PM

I get an email every few days from Outdoor Life, it had this story in it. Crazy.

Posted By: Curtis

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/13/11 08:30 PM

I can believe that. We had some cows under a tree in an open pasture one evening during a thunderstorm. The next day I woke up and saw one dead cow, three calves. Hoofs were blown off and eyes looked just like those in the pictures of the deer. Lightning had hit the tree, split it and killed the cattle near it.

Posted By: Alpha&Omega

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/13/11 09:44 PM

That's wacky nuts

Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/14/11 12:12 AM

I had the same thing as Curtis, I lost 3 good horses in a trap one time by lighting. Its not a pretty sight. Sad to hear it.

Posted By: lfduty

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/14/11 11:45 PM

Seen it happen to Cow's in Montana.

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/14/11 11:55 PM

I've seen it happen to horses standing under a tree around here, too.

Posted By: KG68

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/15/11 12:16 AM

Lost lots of livestock to lighting over the years. Most were under trees. Not the most expensive but the largest number with one strike was 52 angora muttons that were huddled under a spanish oak one night. Most expensive was three fat steer calves standing under a liveoak. Had two round bales struck and burned at different times while setting in the field that I can remember. I don't know why but some strikes or much more powerful than others. Sometimes when a strike hits a tree it strips bark to the ground and the tree recovers. Other times the strike will blow bark several yards and even break limbs. When this happens many times the tree dies over a period of a few months to a year. Learned long ago not to mess with Mother Nature.

Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/15/11 06:52 PM

How do the eyey pop out, thats nuts!

Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/17/11 02:41 AM

eek2

Posted By: 8th1

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/19/11 02:18 AM

I shot a deer a few years ago, and while I was filling out the tag in my stand a bird ate the eye out of the deer. I think the bird is called a caracara. That may be what happenend to the eyes. As fas as lightening killing them, I believe it.

Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/19/11 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

The chupacabra wait around the fields for just such an event then move in for the eyes. No witnesses that way.

Posted By: SatNiteSpec

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/19/11 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Originally Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

The chupacabra wait around the fields for just such an event then move in for the eyes. No witnesses that way.

bs

Posted By: lfduty

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/20/11 02:03 AM

Crows will eat them to I have a cow that killed her baby and when we got out to get the cow the crows eating them out.

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: anyone seen this? - 04/20/11 02:10 AM

wow

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum