Texas Hunting Forum

Morons shooting in my direction!!!!

Posted By: bouxriverkiller

Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 04:43 PM

I was hunting all day yesterday and starting at about 100 pm the neighbors started shooting .It wasnt that bad at first(4 to 5 hour shooting rampage) because the bullets were not slapping trees around me.Then a few did.I got mad then yelled watch where your shooting!!They slowed for a while then started back up again(with a vengance plus I could hear them squeeling with pleasure and carrying on) with the intent to ruin my hunt.Can I press charges or should I call the Game Warden in the area for shooting cross the property boundry?by the way Im bringing my toys with me next time.Ill leave the bow at home.

Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 04:46 PM

I say shoot back at them.

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 04:47 PM

Is it legal?

Posted By: TooLow

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 04:48 PM

I would make a call to your Game Warden.

Posted By: Cool_Hand

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Heat

YEAH, shoot back and kill someone!!! Dang good advice from a real knowledgable guy!!! Why don't you use the law instead of taking it into your own hands and being sorry for something the rest of your life.

Posted By: Wildphilhickup

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 04:57 PM

It is a felony to knowingly discharge a weapon at or in the direction of another.

Call the GW immediately.

Posted By: atascosa_red

Call the GW!!

Posted By: Texas Heat

Originally Posted By: bouxriverkiller
Is it legal?

No definately not, I was kidding. Call your game warden for sure.

Originally Posted By: Cool_Hand

YEAH, shoot back and kill someone!!! Dang good advice from a real knowledgable guy!!! Why don't you use the law instead of taking it into your own hands and being sorry for something the rest of your life.

Lighten up guy, it's called a joke. Dust the sand out and all will be ok I promise.

Posted By: TxTechsan

Let the GW know. They can't legally shoot across property lines w/o permission from both sides.

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 05:53 PM

Im thinking If Im being shot at directly or indirectly) and Im alone in the woods on my property,I should be able to return fire.I dont know who they are or what they are going to do.like I said Im definitly bringing my toys with me next time,but Im going to call the local Game warden about it first.

Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 06:40 PM

Call the GW and the sheriff. What they did was against the law and if I was in your shoes they'd still be sitting in jail wondering how much bail might end up being.

Posted By: aussie1

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Cool_Hand

Well put Benny man I have seen it all

Posted By: TxYoteHunter

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 07:37 PM

You could shoot back but then if you find out later that it was a couple of 8 or 10 yr old boys just jacking around and not knowing any better and you find out the one with the hole in his chest and blood oozing out of him is from your doing, that would sure keep you awake at night for many years. I can see where you're coming from but it could get ugly real quick for both parties.

Posted By: TAT

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 11:04 PM

x2

Posted By: gogburn

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 11:14 PM

Even when they don't shoot across property lines, the Sportsman's Rights Act - TPWD Code 62.0/25 makes harrassment of Hunters, Trappers or Anglers punishable by a fine of $200 to $2000 and/or 180 days in jail.

Call the Game Warden.

Posted By: tkuehn5410

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/22/10 11:24 PM

My first thought would be to call the game warden. It is illegal for a bullet to cross a boundary line, and even more serious to knowingly discharge a firearm in the direction of someone.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/23/10 12:29 AM

Its Called Deadly Conduct

Look it up

Use your brain and your cell phone, not your toys

Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/23/10 01:12 AM

I would have got the hell out of there and had the warden pay that camp a visit.

Posted By: bigz71

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/23/10 03:34 AM

Invite the GW or the law out there to witness it first hand, might tell them to bring some body armor it sounds like.

Posted By: Tbar

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/23/10 03:48 AM

I am an azhat about that kind of thing

Sure......call the law but until they get there......if after I have yelled so the other party definitively knows my presence and location.....and they keep shooting at me........SCREW THAT. I assure you I am returning fire.

Not a lawyer but it seems like self defense to me.

Tbar

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/23/10 03:52 AM

How do you know they don't have ear plugs in and can't hear your voice?

Posted By: TAT

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/23/10 04:14 AM

we would all like to do the macho thing and shoot back or go over there and kick alittle azz.but now days in this world there is no such thing as a fair fight. just make some calls and keep ur head down. no punn intended!!!

Posted By: TJB

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/23/10 05:09 AM

X2

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/23/10 05:59 AM

Do not shoot back unless you feel you are being directly threatened for your life. Call the Police and the Game Warden post haste.

Posted By: 10pointdoe

Re: Morons shooting in my direction!!!! - 11/24/10 12:25 AM

GW will fine the hell out of them. Maybe even take their gun

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum