Texas Hunting Forum

game camera flash

Posted By: Buschwacker77

game camera flash - 11/20/10 03:34 PM

I just purchased a pair of game cameras and was wondering if anyone thinks the flash spookes deer??? I dont need any help spooking off deer from my feeder, what have some of yall experianced????

Posted By: TxYoteHunter

Re: game camera flash - 11/20/10 03:40 PM

I've sat im my blind at night watching for hogs and have noticed that at first the deer may jump and even walk away for a pretty good distance but they come right back 95% of the time. After they get used to it they just look up and stay cautious. I've gotten to where I turn mine off while I'm hunting so there is not even a click during the daytime. They seem to be more jumpy during hunting season.

Posted By: kyle1974

Re: game camera flash - 11/20/10 04:59 PM

if they're looking directly at it, they might run off a little bit, but it's not like they know it's a game camera. I watched some deer under the feeder for half an hour or so with the camera flashing the whole time.

Posted By: E.C.O.

Re: game camera flash - 11/20/10 05:10 PM

Does lightning flash?

Posted By: Ron H

Re: game camera flash - 11/20/10 11:59 PM

We have game camera pictures of the deer after the flash went off. The problem we have is that they don't come around during legal hunting hours.

Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: game camera flash - 11/21/10 10:56 PM

I've had deer in my feeder at dusk when the flash goes off. They don't even bother looking up.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: game camera flash - 11/21/10 11:58 PM

does not bother my deer or pigs

Posted By: jcoutdoors

Re: game camera flash - 11/22/10 12:15 AM

To me the infrared seems to catch there eye more than the brief flash.

Posted By: 10pointdoe

Re: game camera flash - 11/22/10 01:31 AM

my deer smile when the flash goes off

Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: game camera flash - 11/22/10 02:32 AM

My deer don't mind. I have one doe that seems to be posing in every photo. deer2

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: game camera flash - 11/22/10 03:15 AM

Do they spook from lightening? I have put a flash camera in front of my home and watched the deer that evening and night to see their reactions to it. I tied the camera to the leg of the spin feeder. All of the deer were more scared of the actual sight of the camera than anything. None of the deer spooked or ran from the flash while I watched it. But I do know that some deer will spook from a flash and some won't. If you leave it around long enough they will get used to it.

Posted By: KennyLee

Re: game camera flash - 11/22/10 03:31 AM

I run my cameras pretty much year round. They don't seem bothered at all.

Posted By: bassinking

Re: game camera flash - 11/22/10 03:34 AM

In general I think the does and young bucks it won't bother them but everyone knows how hard it is to get the big bucks to come to the feeders and thats why I won't use cameras with a flash I try and take every precaution around the feeder i can just my .02 worth

Posted By: Reality Outdoors

Re: game camera flash - 11/23/10 12:57 AM

I put a piece of the red tape that is made to repair tail lights over the flash the pictures have a red tint but no spooked deer. i think they do get use to it but the red seems to help for me

Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: game camera flash - 11/24/10 01:17 AM

She doesn't look too scared to me. More worried about why that thing ain't throwing any corn yet.

Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: game camera flash - 11/24/10 01:45 AM

I have spent many many hours in the bowstand before daylight and my flash never once spooked a deer while I was there. Most of the time they don't even look up when it flashes. I love it when I'm sitting in my box stand 150 yards from the feeder and see the camera flash. Makes me strain my eyes with the binos..lol.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum