Texas Hunting Forum

Think i got hosed!

Posted By: Hoytman

Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 02:48 PM

Leased a place west of llano for bow season, 1100 ac. with camp house and feeders set up and looks great! Unfortunatly looks are decieving and hunted 4 days and didnt see a deer! Think the place has been hunted a bunch and had hog and auodad hunters in there 2 weekends in a row before season. Deer capital of tx. and saw plenty of deer going to and from lease just nothing on the lease. Live and learn i guess.

Posted By: TooLow

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 02:51 PM

Thats sucks to hear. I hope that isnt the case for you. Maybe just a slow weekend.Good luck

Posted By: billybob

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 02:52 PM

Give it some time...there are too many deer in that area to not have anything on your lease.

Posted By: txhunter24

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 02:53 PM

my guess is the acorns are what are hurting you right now.

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 02:54 PM

why is this in the photo section?

Posted By: Clint1128

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 02:57 PM

Yes ... I figure acorns and other available food sources night be the issue ... I've had great leases and when the acorns are plentiful , you corm feeder becomes not a neccesity ...

Posted By: BenBob

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 03:58 PM

Hard to believe as many deer as there are in that area that you will not see deer sooner or later.

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 04:17 PM

As soon as we left the property we saw deer all over the place but the guy day leases during gun season and runs auodad and pig hunts in off season and i think its just over hunted. Gotta go back to pick up stands in 2 weeks hopefully will see some deer. (but i dought it)

Posted By: Big Daddy K

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 04:26 PM

Hey Hoyt Im a good luck charm. Take me brotha! JK. Surely youll see something out that way to shoot. Looks Like I'll only get to hunt Cass this year.

Posted By: Curly

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 04:38 PM

Hang in there Hoyt!

Posted By: Justin T

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer
why is this in the photo section?

Because underneath his post is a photo of the deer he saw.

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 04:48 PM

Good one justin!

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 04:49 PM

Llano still has heavy acorns..

Get way from the feeder and hunt old school with hand tossed corn on crossing routes

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 04:59 PM

Lots of acorns for sure! but when you drive up and down the roads and see deer till you drive to the lease and dont see any thats a pretty good clue. Im sure theres a few deer there because of the game cam pics but mostley pig pics with a few does and 1 buck in 2 weeks worth of pics aint good.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Hoytman
Lots of acorns for sure! but when you drive up and down the roads and see deer till you drive to the lease and dont see any thats a pretty good clue. Im sure theres a few deer there because of the game cam pics but mostley pig pics with a few does and 1 buck in 2 weeks worth of pics aint good.

no, its not. did you go into the lease knowing about the day hunts?

Posted By: Justin T

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Llano still has heavy acorns..

Get way from the feeder and hunt old school with hand tossed corn on crossing routes

We are seeing mixed results on deer coming to feeders. A couple places that always produce are still seeing TONS of deer. My spot, I've seen 2 bucks, one of which OLD deer, and a handful of does.

Posted By: oulufinn

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 06:03 PM

A lot changes in the next 3-4 weeks...

Posted By: ramit315

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 06:12 PM

Give it some time it may work out good

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 06:21 PM

Tree bass i didnt know about it till we had already paid. I guess i should have asked more questions.

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 07:00 PM

Those are the kinds of questions that you shouldn't have to ask. Unfortuantely in todays world you do.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 07:04 PM

Tree bass i didnt know about it till we had already paid. I guess i should have asked more questions.

sorry to hear that, yea, you got hosed. day leasing should ahve been upfront imediatly. I won't lease something that is day hunted, normally they are over hunted and the owners are out for the money.

good luck

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 10:37 PM

sorry to hear it, hopefully it will get better

Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/18/10 11:07 PM

Lots of places like that in the Hill Country. Day Leases will flat ruin the entire area around them. We have a place in San Saba Co with a Day Lease next door. We have no deer and haven't for years. Day Leases like that ought to be illegal or at least under heavy regulation by TPWD.

Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/19/10 01:27 AM

Leased a place west of llano for bow season, 1100 ac. with camp house and feeders set up and looks great! Unfortunatly looks are decieving and hunted 4 days and didnt see a deer! Think the place has been hunted a bunch and had hog and auodad hunters in there 2 weekends in a row before season. Deer capital of tx. and saw plenty of deer going to and from lease just nothing on the lease. Live and learn i guess.

Had the same thing happen to me in Juction full of deer until we got to our lease there where times 6 hunters would be there and only see 5 deer in a weeks time to go better luck next time.

Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/19/10 01:53 AM

This place isn't up on the North side of the lake is it?

Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/19/10 05:33 AM

Hope it gets better for you

Posted By: Tye

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/19/10 07:24 PM

Dang ARs. Just kidding wink

Posted By: COWDOG

Re: Think i got hosed! - 10/19/10 07:29 PM

I have spot west of llano too. They are not coming to feeders at all. To many acorns. I see Tons of deer however all over the property...

Where abouts west? north or south of the river?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum