Texas Hunting Forum

Catch and Release Deer hunting

Posted By: pegasaurus

Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 06:21 PM

We do this all the time for fish, what about Catch and Release for Deer? Just dart the animal take, your pictures with it and let it run free.
How about C&R other amimals as well?

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 06:24 PM

What happens to the fish in a tank, that your never take fish out of?

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 06:25 PM

they usually hold a ton of 10-12" bass....along with a few snakes and turtles.

Posted By: Curly

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 06:34 PM

You get no venison by doing that.

Posted By: jdickey

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 06:36 PM

Yeah....it doesn't matter how you fix 'em....photographs just don't taste very good....not even with catsup!

Posted By: exoticbob

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 06:48 PM

reminds of the time when someone was selling paintball hunts for hogs at the hunting show.

Posted By: KOP

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 07:14 PM

this really isn't the best forum for tree hugers, vegitarians, or people that are from california.

Posted By: texasd

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: KOP
this really isn't the best forum for tree hugers, vegitarians, or people that are from california.
up

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 07:25 PM

The WHA - World Hunting Association tried to get the ball rolling on this. All the major hunting groups and animal welfare groups in unison shot it down. Not a good idea period. Research is one thing like they do with the rhino's in Africa but darting a deer for picture is stupid.

Posted By: Kcowboy

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 07:36 PM

Funny one....You could brand them or notch the ears too. I hope your kidding pegasurus. You know darting them is not going to fly on this forum.

Posted By: Luckycharms_1981

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 07:40 PM

While darting deer may not be too much fun, darting stupid people would be a blast!!! Just dart'em, take your picture with'em, then release'em back into the urban jungle!!!! You would never run short on targets!!! rifle bolt

Posted By: Curtis

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 07:53 PM

This idea was tried by someone a few years ago. If I remember correctly they were even making it a competition and had systems for archery as well. It failed I think.

Sorry, If I'm gonna wait that long to get into a stand from year to year....I'M PUTTING SOME DEER MEAT IN THE FREEZER! I also don't want a buck someone else may have shot, measured and took their picture with. That jsut doesn't do it for me, sorry.

Posted By: hunter_sawyer

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Curtis
This idea was tried by someone a few years ago. If I remember correctly they were even making it a competition and had systems for archery as well. It failed I think.

Sorry, If I'm gonna wait that long to get into a stand from year to year....I'M PUTTING SOME DEER MEAT IN THE FREEZER! I also don't want a buck someone else may have shot, measured and took their picture with. That jsut doesn't do it for me, sorry.

X2 on this... I think there are still some videos on YT about this.

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 09:12 PM

PETA...People Eating Tasty Animals. rofl

Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/01/10 09:17 PM

X1000

Posted By: kdub

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/02/10 12:16 AM

How are you gonna eat them then?

Hippie

Posted By: westtex75

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/02/10 12:33 AM

some things need to be said outloud before they are posted

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/02/10 01:39 AM

I can't eat a picture food

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/02/10 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Luckycharms_1981
..... darting stupid people would be a blast!!! Just dart'em, take your picture with'em, then release'em back into the urban jungle!!!! You would never run short on targets!!! rifle bolt

Release them after you stamp their forehead! And maybe a lil snip .... do something about reproducing!

Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/02/10 03:59 AM

pegasaurus - you really are kidding??? Really???

Posted By: 8Point

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/02/10 04:15 AM

loco

Posted By: Tres

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/02/10 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Curly
You get no venison by doing that.

^^^ food

Posted By: RCTX

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/02/10 06:41 PM

If I surgically remove the backstraps with my knife and then let the deer go do you think that they will still survive okay? If so, I'm all for hunt and release.

Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/03/10 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
We do this all the time for fish, what about Catch and Release for Deer? Just dart the animal take, your pictures with it and let it run free.

I totally agree we should do that...it is a scientific fact that deer do not *need* their backstraps, they can be surgically removed and they will still survive. The problem that hunters out here are having are the ridiculous rates that most trophy bucks want to stand through the living room wall with baseball caps hanging off of their antlers for days on end....

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/03/10 04:08 PM

NO, because I live off the meat year round! cheers

Posted By: BORN2HUNT

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/03/10 04:14 PM

LMAO When I was a kid if we didnt shoot deer we didnt have meat to eat during the winter. Plus my kids have been asking for deer jerky for 2 months now. So not no but HE77 no.

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/03/10 10:14 PM

I wonder what happened to pegasaurus? I figured he would have come back with something by now

Posted By: Ray Ray

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/03/10 10:57 PM

Been practicing catch and release for deer for years, I catch and release 'um right into the frying pan and then into my belly; chicken fried. Got the idea right after I joined PETA, "Please Eat The Animals". rofl

Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/04/10 12:34 PM

I'll just catch'em and instead of killing them, just spank'em with a rolled up newspaper.

Posted By: TX_Huntress

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/04/10 02:33 PM

roflmao eek2

Originally Posted By: Palehorse
I'll just catch'em and instead of killing them, just spank'em with a rolled up newspaper.

Posted By: oulufinn

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/04/10 03:11 PM

Look y'all. There's room for all of God's creatures... Right next to the mashed 'taters! rifle

Posted By: Big Tony

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/04/10 03:24 PM

Would you buy a ribeye, and throw it away?

Posted By: SatNiteSpec

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/04/10 04:50 PM

What's funny is so many people took this serious. If you'll take a look at most all of his posts he's always stirring the pot. I kow him and he fo sho aint no PETA person. Although he did past up on a doe last night so he may be converting to the dark side.

Posted By: Fishstalker13

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/04/10 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Tony
roflmao

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/04/10 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Tony

Well yeah but it would be more like recycled by the time I "threw" it away. flush

Posted By: postoak

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/04/10 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Ramball36

I totally agree we should do that...it is a scientific fact that deer do not *need* their backstraps, they can be surgically removed and they will still survive. The problem that hunters out here are having are the ridiculous rates that most trophy bucks want to stand through the living room wall with baseball caps hanging off of their antlers for days on end....

LOL, good one.

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/05/10 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: exoticbob
reminds of the time when someone was selling paintball hunts for hogs at the hunting show.

You got to be chitting us! Did anyone actually buy a hunt?

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Catch and Release Deer hunting - 10/05/10 12:33 AM

We do this all the time for fish,

Speak for yourself Kimosabe!

Let me get to the coast in get a limit of Reds. The only ones going back are undersize. And if I stop fishing Bastrop and go someplace that lets you keep 14" bass, there coming home for the grill.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum