Texas Hunting Forum

What snake boot to buy ??

Posted By: das-mi

What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/25/10 09:47 PM

Just wanted to get suggestions on a good snake boot.

Posted By: Ray Ray

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/25/10 10:36 PM

I have a pair of Rocky's been using them for 7 years fairly nice wearing boot. Have no idea if they work I have never been that close to a snake to find out and don't really want to. crazy

Posted By: ~Awesum98~

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 12:29 AM

Where can u get a good piar for a reasonable price????

Posted By: JCB

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 12:35 AM

I have some Rocky slip on boots, and also some Rocky lace ups. I have tested the slip ons on Rattlers and they work. Havent tested the lace ups yet.

Posted By: Ray Ray

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 12:57 AM

You can find them at most sporting goods stores.

Posted By: das-mi

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 01:41 AM

ok just bought a pair of rocky at bps zip up and lace for $99. i think i got a good deal they feel comfortable .

Posted By: redfred

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: JCB
I have some Rocky slip on boots, and also some Rocky lace ups. [b]I have tested the slip ons on Rattlers and they work.[/b] Havent tested the lace ups yet.

Now there's a scary thought!

Posted By: 8Point

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 03:00 AM

Rocky's 20 plus years in two pair 100$ a pair. walking

Posted By: dr730

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 03:17 AM

Chippewas! I just got a pair and they have been comfortable since day one. Slip on, waterproof. Love 'em!

Posted By: hunting270

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 03:40 AM

Have had a pair of Red Head zippups for 5 or 6 years now.Very comfortable and good price.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: dr730
Chippewas! I just got a pair and they have been comfortable since day one. Slip on, waterproof. Love 'em!

cheers Well worth the money and comfortable. up

Posted By: Tbar

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 03:51 AM

I just got a good deal on a pair of these yesterday at the Justin Boot Outlet Store in Ft Worth for about $70.00 under MSRP.

CHIPPEWA 23938 D 17" Zipper Snake Brown Boots Mens 9.5

Tbar

Posted By: dk5265

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 05:03 AM

http://stores.gameguard.net
Look at the snake boots on this website. I have some and they are great. Very comfortable, but they are expensive.

Posted By: Jake Spoon

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 08:43 AM

If you dont want a heavy boot, I have these gaiters that are called (turtle-skin), they are awesome, cloth and super light, go right over jeans, covered from ankles up to knee anyway. They can be used with your regular hunting boots, just zip em up. they are reversable also, camo one side, and tan the other way. I let my 3 year old wear them when i take him fishing at the lease, and they cover him all the way up to his groin. I paid 100 bucks at Cabelas. Just another option is all.

Posted By: Jake Spoon

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 08:46 AM

here's a link, guess they were closer to 130 dollars, I love em though. http://www.turtleskin.com/Snake-Gaiters.aspx

Posted By: DIME BOX DEER CAMP

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 10:20 AM

Irish Setter Mountain Claw 17” Hunting Boots - Waterproof, Snakeproof. From Sierra Trading Post I ordered some. I had some other brand but the sole came unglued comfort boot just wasnt put together well.

These are reg, 189.00 got it for 95.00 free shipping
flag

Sierratradingpost.com

Posted By: Longhunter

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 10:30 AM

Caught a pair of Danner on sale back in the winter. Very comfy, will see how they hold up over time.

Posted By: Big Tony

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 10:59 AM

I got a pair from sportsmens guide a couple of years ago. They're OK. Seem to be holding up well. Got the wife a pair of Irish Setters this summer at cabelas bargain basement for $89.

Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/26/10 02:46 PM

had a pair of Rocky snake boots. Lightweight, snug on my feet great fell. stop one hit from rattle snake. wetback wanted them more. mad
Bought a pair from bass pro. redhead, heavy loose fit and the eyes on boots do not have the quick lace up. I have used 4 sets of laces in a 2 years.

When I wear them out I will go back to Rocky.

Posted By: Big Tony

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/27/10 03:45 PM

I've never heard anybody say anything bad about Rockys. up

Posted By: RMR

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/27/10 04:07 PM

game guard snake boots

Posted By: txhunter24

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/27/10 04:14 PM

bought the cableas brand pinnacle zip ups. so far so good. pretty comfortable and waterproof.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/27/10 05:18 PM

bought my third pair of chippewa's (first two pair were stolen), that should say something about my loyalty towards them.

there a bit on the expensive side at $190 but imo they are very well made, the last pair i was on season 4 (from october thru january wear them almost daily) and still holding up very well.

Plus, i think they look the best for my hunting attire, which is wranglers and a button down shirt. at least i look like i know what i'm doing

Posted By: cullbuck

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/27/10 05:47 PM

I use LaCrosse Fang snake boots and like them quite well. They are light weight, comfortable and not too hot (as far as snake boots go). They claim to be waterproof but mine are not. I just replaced one pair that I have worn for seven years around our farm as well as hunting. I probably could have gotten more use from them but melted the soles up pretty bad stomping out a fire we lit while welding.

Posted By: texasd

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/27/10 08:27 PM

justins have a good pair out....not really hunting snake boots but more of ranching ....

Posted By: TAKE EM

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/28/10 02:47 AM

got the chippewa zipper snake boots both zippers broke 2nd time that i wore them don't recommend those

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/28/10 03:32 AM

Danner sharptail. Waterproof to the top,light and feel like tennis shoes when walking

Posted By: E.C.O.

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/28/10 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: dk5265
http://stores.gameguard.net
Look at the snake boots on this website. I have some and they are great. Very comfortable, but they are expensive.

X2

Posted By: kry226

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/28/10 11:45 AM

I just bought this pair yesterday while actually looking at Rocky's. Great rating with lots of reviews and I know Cabela's always stands behind their products. I figured I'd give 'em a try. Backordered, but should ship this week.

Cabela's Cordura Snake Boots

Posted By: Susan Garcia

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/28/10 12:25 PM

Rocky slip boots are really good.. You can try them out.
=======
used cars for sale

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What snake boot to buy ?? - 09/28/10 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: TAKE EM
got the chippewa zipper snake boots both zippers broke 2nd time that i wore them don't recommend those

don't get the ones with zippers, i had that problem too. they warrentied them though, no questions asked

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum