Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Processing

Posted By: bigcatter

Hog Processing - 02/16/07 05:26 PM

Going hunting this weekend for hogs. Does anyone know of a place that is open on saturdays that process hogs in the dallas area and what they charge?

Posted By: SwaggerFan

Re: Hog Processing - 02/16/07 05:32 PM

Kuby's is open Saturdays from 10a-5p. They are located, more or less, in the Mockingbird 35/183 area. 214-951-7441

As for what they charge... depends on the amount of meat you take in and what all you get done with it. I have yet to have anything from there I did not like.

Good luck with the hunt

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Hog Processing - 02/19/07 01:10 AM

Best around is PO'Boys Outback in Merit, TX. Basically on your way home from Cooper! Its north on FM 36, the Caddo Mills exit. Its only a couple miles off Hwy 78/Garland Road/etc.

I have never ever had anything but praise from them. I have referred several and they all love it. Steve does a GREAT job. I don't buy the "stinky" hog stuff either, I have taken some bad ones to Steve and he makes sausage out of them that you can't taste the difference. Its been a while since we have eaten store bought meat. Ask RedneckMesiah, he will testify too!

If you can't google/yahoo their number PM me and I will go get the cell and look it up, 903-776 something (2377 or 2077 or something)

Posted By: DTCOOPER

Re: Hog Processing - 02/19/07 12:57 PM

I too will testify for Po Boys... Best around, price can't be beat either. That guy will take your meat and animals ANYTIME. He has a freezer at the shop that you can put your animals in anytime night or day. Fast turn-around and excellent quality meat.. Po-Boys is the ticket..

Posted By: Redneck Messiah

Re: Hog Processing - 02/20/07 02:13 PM

po boys #903-776-2004, picked up 4 hogs i had him process thursday good eating, can make what ever u want, very good prices

Posted By: Tx_Phantom

Re: Hog Processing - 02/20/07 02:19 PM

Do you think Po Boys is better than Syracuses? And do they have a price list?

Thanks

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Hog Processing - 02/20/07 06:25 PM

He's cheaper! I never used the other guys but I saw their list next to his at a buddies place a while back. I have the price lists in my shop, I'll check with Steve and make sure its current then post it.

I know he has taken some hogs that most would have left laying and made the best breakfast sausage in the world out of them. Like Daniel said he has a cooler open 24/7, heck a lot of time he's there when we drop off late late at night. I have had probably 10 deer there in the last couple of years, and so many hogs its hard to count (redneck and I took 14 at one time, and Kevin's load was 11 or 12 that he and his dad gave us, ...) and I have never ever had a complaint or a bad taste or a tough piece of meat. I have had game and beef processed other places, but I can't say that about any of them!

Posted By: Tx_Phantom

Re: Hog Processing - 02/20/07 06:51 PM

Sending you a PM man.

Edit: Your mailbox is full.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum