Texas Hunting Forum

Hunter Education Classes - Avoid the Rush

Posted By: Texas Dan

Hunter Education Classes - Avoid the Rush - 06/28/10 09:54 PM

For those who need to take it, now is the time to start looking for a Hunter Education class to avoid the last minute rush. Besides, who wants to be sitting in classroom when it's time to be out getting ready for the upcoming season. And that goes for instructors as well. Once September arrives, fewer instructors are willing to sacrifice a weekend by being in a classroom.

The link below can be used to download the latest TPWD Hunting Accident Reports. And like all previous seasons, it's the adults who were involved in accidents more often than the kids during 2009.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/learning/hunter_education/

Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: Hunter Education Classes - Avoid the Rush - 06/29/10 05:47 PM

Dan,
I sent you a PM about what is a good age for a kid to attend. My son just turned 10, and I was wondering if you thought I should wait a few more years, or if now is okay? He does not hunt by himself, he is always physically with me. I don't plan on letting him carry a gun without supervision for many more years, but I do believe that you can never start too soon with safety. I have been drilling him on safety every time we go out. He already has his hunting license, but I know that he has to attend Hunters Ed at some point.

Shoot me an e-mail when you can.

Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Hunter Education Classes - Avoid the Rush - 06/29/10 09:45 PM

Private reply sent back.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum