Texas Hunting Forum

Factor meals and the like.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Factor meals and the like. - 04/18/24 08:53 PM

My youngest heads off to college in a few months. I’ve thought about the Factor meals, since it will just be two of us.

Didn’t sound that bad, I went on website and put 2 meals a day, 5 days a week. It was 100 bucks.

Any experiences?
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/18/24 09:04 PM

Tell her to watch her book bag closely at a campus dining hall. Book thieves target those places regularly. Stolen books are a big business at colleges.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/18/24 09:27 PM

I buy them. Great for on the go and it really puts in perspective how much a person really should eat.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/18/24 09:40 PM

I couldn’t have misread this more. Disregard.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/18/24 11:03 PM

No experience here, but I’d have to imagine them being relatively bland, that can be fixed.
Price is high but would allow y’all to eat different meals if you don’t agree on what you want. Also no prep and very little cooking time, and clean up.
I could see utilizing them, but not as everyday, twice a day nutrition.
Buy a weeks worth and stretch it two weeks…maybe.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/19/24 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by rickym
No experience here, but I’d have to imagine them being relatively bland, that can be fixed.
Price is high but would allow y’all to eat different meals if you don’t agree on what you want. Also no prep and very little cooking time, and clean up.

Not bland at all. Sure, some taste better than others but majority of them are pretty good. They are about the equivalent to grabbing a meal out, yes more expensive compared to cooking it at home but about on par when you stop at a fast food joint, better food and less calories.

They don't have preservatives so most will only keep a week or so at best.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/19/24 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
My youngest heads off to college in a few months. I’ve thought about the Factor meals, since it will just be two of us.

Didn’t sound that bad, I went on website and put 2 meals a day, 5 days a week. It was 100 bucks.

Any experiences?

Been using them for about year, Save money in the long run and better then eating out fir lunch. havent had a bad one yet.

If you want a free week coupon let me know.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/19/24 12:59 AM

Cooked fresh, never frozen. Cheaper then a double double with fries from What-a-burger

All kinds of options, Paleo, Protein plus, etc

One of the better Indian butter chickens Ive had, also love the Jalapeño-Lime-Cheddar Chicken

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/19/24 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Any experiences?

Been using them for about year, Save money in the long run and better then eating out fir lunch. havent had a bad one yet.

If you want a free week coupon let me know.

Thanks for the offer. I think I get 15 percent off.

If I can get out with lunch and dinner for me and wife for 100 bucks a week. That’s a win.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 03:53 AM

A buddy was telling me about a local company called Icon. May give both a try.

They both offer similar discounts.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 02:23 PM

Cooking for 2 is so EZ, been just the wife and I since 2016 when youngest moved out.
On Saturday or Sunday grill up something like ribs, pork shoulder, big stew etc. Add a salad or vegetable and eat on it for 2-3 days. Find something else and do it again. You'd be surprised at how little it takes food wise to survive on. Might even drop a few pounds by accident if needed.

Good luck,
Posted By: thegrouse

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 06:47 PM

If it is just two of yall at home now will you have time to cook? I go back in forth between the HEB options and meal prepping, the HEB meals are $6-8 each and have 450-650 calories each. They taste good and are super easy to prepare. When I meal prep I average $2.50-3.50 per meal. I have looked at the local companies that provide premade meals. I have tried some, they are good but I cannot justify $11-13 per meal. i am not that busy at home. If you have an HEB close by check out their meal prep options.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 06:57 PM

Cooked fresh, never frozen. Cheaper then a double double with fries from What-a-burger

One of the better Indian butter chickens Ive had, also love the Jalapeño-Lime-Cheddar Chicken

$12,49 per meal for 8 servings per week.

Whataburger doesn't offer Double Double, In and out does but it like $5

Don't know where you came up with pricing.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 06:58 PM

Any experiences?

Just have your wife cook, it's part of her job as wife.

Problem solved............

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

Any experiences?

Unfortunately, I didn’t marry her for her cooking skills. It would be the same 2 meals until I die.
Posted By: Grit

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 07:30 PM

Any experiences?

I figured most women had burned their bras by now.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 08:36 PM

Any experiences?

I’ll get mine to microwave a couple factor meals.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 08:40 PM

After reading about the sodium content of some Factor meals I don’t think I would want to exist on them.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 08:52 PM

Any experiences?

I am with Roll Tide on this one. Is there anything else I am missing out on? What are the other parts to a wife’s job?
Posted By: freerange

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Grit

Any experiences?

Yep.....

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/20/24 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
After reading about the sodium content of some Factor meals I don’t think I would want to exist on them.

Salt isn’t the bad guy. Sugar is

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Salt isn’t the bad guy. Sugar is

Salt is a naturally occurring crystalline substance found on Earth. Sodium is a mineral, and is one of the chemical elements found in salt. Not the same thing. Sodium added to processed foods is a major contributor to high blood pressure in our society.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 11:02 AM

Any experiences?

Unfortunately, I didn’t marry her for her cooking skills. It would be the same 2 meals until I die.

My wife got in the kitchen and learned how to cook by trail and error. I showed her how I like my steak cooked, and my food and she watched alot of video on Youtube and by trail and error.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Grit

Any experiences?

Only if you are a SIMP
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 12:23 PM

Whataburger absolutely has a double double.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:01 PM

you should fact check your self, before you post. A what-a-burger double-double meal is roughly $12 with tax. Their menu is posted on line.

in&out double meal is roughly 10 bucks after tax.

now go compare nutritional info

[Linked Image]

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Whataburger absolutely has a double double.

Wrong, Not on the menu they don't. In and Out has it on the menu.

Double Double is trademark for IN and Out

[Linked Image]

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:21 PM

you should fact check your self, before you post. A what-a-burger double-double meal is roughly $12 with tax. Their menu is posted on line.

in&out double meal is roughly 10 bucks after tax.

now go compare nutritional info

[Linked Image]

Wrong

You posted a Double Meat Whataburger Meal

A Double Double is a In and Out Trademark name and it only run about $5 I get one about once a month. I don't drink sodas or eat fries.

[Linked Image]

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:32 PM

It’s not just a double double. Chick Fila number 1 is 10-11 bucks now.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:36 PM

Wrong

A Double Double is a In and Out Trademark name and it only run about $5 I get one about once a month. I don't drink sodas or eat fries.

[Linked Image]

“Cheaper than a double double with fries from What-a-burger“ Is what I posted.

Go to what-a-burger and order it then post the receipt.

then post nutritional info

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:45 PM

Wrong

[Linked Image]

The double double used to be my go to there. Never had a problem ordering it at any whataburger.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:48 PM

Wrong

[Linked Image]

As I said a Double Double isn't on the Whataburger menu, it is a Trademark of In and Out.

I haven't been to a Whataburger in years since they put a In and Out in Frisco

The Whataburger you posted had a drink included, Those meal places don't sell drinks either

I could give two chits about the nutritional info.

I eat my In and Out Protiens style (With Lettuce no buns) and peppers on the side.

You can get a McDonald Double Cheese buy one get one free from the McDonald App for like $3 for two burger every day.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:50 PM

Wrong

[Linked Image]

The double double used to be my go to there. Never had a problem ordering it at any whataburger.

Like I said before, Double Double isn't a menu item on Whataburger, it's a Trademark name for a In and Out Burger

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:51 PM

Relying on the menu offering at a Cali burger joint in deference to Whataburger is “interesting” at best. Frankly, I can’t believe there to be a merit worthy discussion of the in and out menu. Guess RR rides his bicycle there. For me, never been there.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 03:53 PM

This is the dumbest argument ever. I'm out.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 04:01 PM

Ya I found out after 30 years of ordering double double’s and triple triples from Whataburger it was actually a fantasy. Who know

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 04:09 PM

Ya I found out after 30 years of ordering double double’s and triple triples from Whataburger it was actually a fantasy. Who know

Double Double is Trademark of In and Out and on there menue

Show me Whataburger with Double Double on the menu.

I will wait.......

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 04:10 PM

My own version

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 04:16 PM

Double Double is Trademark of In and Out and on there menue

Show me Whataburger with Double Double on the menu.

I will wait.......

Lol you are arguing semantics. Order a double double w/fries and post receipt from whataburger

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 04:22 PM

Yep

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 04:53 PM

In and out’s double double has nothing on the salon spa’s double double which features four hands and no salt.
Posted By: Grit

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 05:31 PM

This thread has me so confused.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 05:31 PM

Arguing about fast food burgers on thread about factor meals.

No wonder America is the fattest country in the world.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 05:44 PM

Arguing about fast food burgers on thread about factor meals.

No wonder America is the fattest country in the world.

Lunch choices today

[Linked Image]

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 06:17 PM

303 grams is a pretty small meal. Is that about 400 calories?

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by thegrouse

vary’s on choices. some like Chive & Garlic Salmon & Shrimp
with Bacon-Cheddar Cauliflower “Grits”, Broccoli & Tri- are 840kcal

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 07:15 PM

The carbs aren't horrible.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 08:46 PM

The carbs aren't horrible.

they have different options for keto, extra protein, etc. my only complaint is sodium amount but Im not sensitive so no issues
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 08:50 PM

2 of those meals a day and I’d be over my sodium allowance for that day.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 09:19 PM

How do they compare taste wise to the HEB meal prep bowls?

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by thegrouse

vary’s on choices. some like Chive & Garlic Salmon & Shrimp
with Bacon-Cheddar Cauliflower “Grits”, Broccoli & Tri- are 840kcal

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That’s a lot of sodium.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 10:24 PM

Im certainly no sodium expert.

Is 35 percent of the daily value high? Seems if you had 2 of these and a light snack or two you would not exceed the recommended value.

I figure there is extra salt, based on the nature of the business. To help preserve the contents.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 10:52 PM

Is 35 percent of the daily value high? Seems if you had 2 of these and a light snack or two you would not exceed the recommended value.

I figure there is extra salt, based on the nature of the business. To help preserve the contents.

It’s not high. .

In any case, it’s less sodium than a super double at happy burger.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
2 of those meals a day and I’d be over my sodium allowance for that day.

for comparison this is a whataburger double double with fries

[Linked Image]

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 11:19 PM

I’m aware of the fast food sodium ratings. Traveling for work over 4 decades has lead to Dr. instructions of 1500 mg daily salt intake. I get 1 cheat day a week. Look up a Sonic double, I believe it was close to 4000mg of sodium.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 11:27 PM

I’m aware of the fast food sodium ratings. Traveling for work over 4 decades has lead to Dr. instructions of 1500 mg daily salt intake. I get 1 cheat day a week. Look up a Sonic double, I believe it was close to 4000mg of sodium.

Is it a double double?

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/21/24 11:31 PM

It’s not high. .

I was thinking the same.

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/22/24 03:05 PM

It’s not high. .

Is "super double" a trademarked menu item at happy burger? We need this info to make an informed decision on buying Factor meals.....

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/22/24 04:07 PM

Is it a double double?

roflmao

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/22/24 04:18 PM

Is it a double double?

what ya'll know about them triple doubles?

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/22/24 04:39 PM

Is it a double double?

wouldn't that be a triple triple?

Re: Factor meals and the like. - 04/22/24 04:44 PM

Is it a double double?

wouldn't that be a triple triple?

Triple double is 222.

Which is what a person is gonna weigh if they keep eating those burgers….
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum