Texas Hunting Forum

My skis are pulsating against the wall…

Posted By: Guy

My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 10:53 AM

Just sent email to my client at work, his project is gonna have to wait. Priorities are priorities, can’t let the tail wag the dog.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Stub

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 11:49 AM

Really your skis are pulsating against the wall or is it something else you pervert rofl bolt
Posted By: Catperch

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 11:56 AM

Heck, I get off today for 2 weeks. I may pack up the family and head that way. We didn’t get to go this year.

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Catperch
Heck, I get off today for 2 weeks. I may pack up the family and head that way. We didn’t get to go this year.

Probably the best time to go all season. Wednesday and all week should be really nice conditions. Taos is supposed to close on Sunday, but they may extend the season. I hope to get up to Colorado as well, Winter Park and Steamboat are on my radar. February, I skied Taos, Copper and Cooper, all one road trip.

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Really your skis are pulsating against the wall or is it something else you pervert rofl bolt

Well that forecast does give me a HO. smile ani

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 01:54 PM

I'm having a hard time concentrating today...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wytex

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 02:15 PM

You can have it, 12 degrees here this morning with a new dusting of snow. We're ready for Spring !!

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
You can have it, 12 degrees here this morning with a new dusting of snow. We're ready for Spring !!

I was hoping to make it to Jackson Hole this season, don't think it will happen. It has been over 20 years since I been there.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 02:53 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: thegrouse

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 03:01 PM

I got back last week, they need the snow for sure. Good luck and be sure to report back
Posted By: Catperch

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Catperch

Probably the best time to go all season. Wednesday and all week should be really nice conditions. Taos is supposed to close on Sunday, but they may extend the season. I hope to get up to Colorado as well, Winter Park and Steamboat are on my radar. February, I skied Taos, Copper and Cooper, all one road trip.

Well, my wife just axed that plan. She’s usually always ready for a road trip. That’s alright. Too many fish to catch anyway.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 07:21 PM

Steamboat has a ton of snow right now and still coming down.

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 07:46 PM

Wasatch has had 2' in last 24hrs and still snowing. I am trying to find away to sneak out of here again

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Stub

Well that forecast does give me a HO. smile ani

roflmao
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 03/25/24 11:14 PM

Post good pics

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/07/24 09:41 PM

Went strait to Taos, skied 4 days then drove to Winter Park and skied there 4 days, just got back last week. I'm going down the bumps here on Jean's Glade in Taos, Kachina was close the whole time because of avalanche danger. Red arrow is Jean's Glade...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As an old man, nice a slow is how a roll...This was Wednesday after all the snow.

https://youtube.com/shorts/oL6B8k-KUtc?si=-FEaC-uYdIZgFzMb

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/07/24 11:09 PM

Slopes looked deep in snow up

Wow Guy how times have changed from you old ski pics of high jumps to now criss crossing down the Bunny slope grin

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/07/24 11:45 PM

Glad you made it out before they close for the season.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 02:09 AM

Last weekend for Big Mountain here. Bad season, very little snow.

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by thegrouse

In February I did a skied Taos, Copper and Cooper trip. Cooper, not to be confused with Copper. Ever heard of Cooper?

https://www.skicooper.com/

30 minutes from Copper. It was originally created during WW2 as a training site for skitrooper to prepare them for battle in the Alp. It wasn’t till after the war they opened it up to the public as a ski area. Here some screenshots from their website.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here some pics from the memorial there.. these guys were the first real skiers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 02:18 AM

Cooper is a smaller ski area, the front side is big open green/blue runs, but the back side, all double black diamond, is where I wanted to ski. The back side has one t-bar, it’s all bumps in the trees…

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 02:32 AM

I never heard of it, I love the smaller resorts. I did ski week at Taos and got in 20 days this season. Looks like a blast
Posted By: Greg

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 02:39 AM

Looks fun Guy!
Posted By: kry226

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

In February I did a skied Taos, Copper and Cooper trip. Cooper, not to be confused with Copper. Ever heard of Cooper?

https://www.skicooper.com/

30 minutes from Copper. It was originally created during WW2 as a training site for skitrooper to prepare them for battle in the Alp. It wasn’t till after the war they opened it up to the public as a ski area. Here some screenshots from their website.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here some pics from the memorial there.. these guys were the first real skiers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

salute
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 04:51 AM

Buddy of mine left for lake Tahoe today. They have been getting dumped on.

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 12:17 PM

Gonna be a decent year for Spring skiing out West, the Wasatch has been getting hammered too
Posted By: glens

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 01:30 PM

Think I left my knees on a Double Black Run many moons ago. Totally awesome Black runs.

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 01:42 PM

I did ski week at Taos and got in 20 days this season.

I’m at 22 so far, would like to get another trip in, late April, early May. I have never skied that late in the season before. I skied 27 days last season. I did a lot more duck hunting this season, which was by design. I duck hunted all winter through January till duck hunting seasons ended, then turned to skiing in February.

Last 2 seasons I have tried duck hunted and skiing, that is just hard to manage, I like focusing on one.

Re: My skis are pulsating against the wall… - 04/08/24 01:56 PM

I figured you guys would lake that WW2 info on cooper and the 10th Mountain Division. After the war, the ski trooper vets were the ski experts, they started and opened 62 ski resorts after the war, including Aspen and Vail. Below is more info on all that. It’s pretty amazing stuff what those guys did..

https://snowbrains.com/10th-mountain-division-history-fire-mountain/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum